Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bc2 conquest flag radius - how "on" the flag do you have to get?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bc2 conquest flag radius - how "on" the flag do you have to get?

Am I missing an visual indicator that pops up when you're "on the flag"?

How close do you need to be to the flag to drop it?

Is the cap-radius a sphere (as in previous titles), or do you have to be on the same horizontal plane as the flag?

The audio cue you hear when you're near the flag - it changes, right? Is that based on the rate of flag-change? i.e. it gets faster if you have more guys on the flag?

Re: bc2 conquest flag radius - how "on" the flag do you have to get?

Whiskey, there's a little red/blue bar that appears between the ticket counts for the round on top of your mini-map in the lower left hand corner of your HUD.

As you cap a point from hostile, the bar ticks down from red, then reaches neutral. If you continue capping, it will start gaining blue ticks. The more people on the flag, the faster it does so.

You can tell how many enemies are on a flag relative to you by the speed at which the bar moves either forward or reverse while you are on it.

Lastly, the bigger maps have flags with immense cap radii, whereas smaller maps have flags with smaller cap radii. But even from map to map, each flag has it's own unique radius.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
      or do you have to be on the same horizontal plane as the flag?
      I'm pretty sure this is the case, as being on the 2nd floor of a flag and just about on top of the flag pole won't move it.

Comment

That's not quite true. On Alpha on the linear snow map, for example, you can cap the flag from the stairs above the flag as well. On the giant desert map (can't remember names for the life of me), both Alpha and Charlie can be capped from the second-story of the buildings surrounding it.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Originally posted by LordKelvin View Post
          That's not quite true. On Alpha on the linear snow map, for example, you can cap the flag from the stairs above the flag as well. On the giant desert map (can't remember names for the life of me), both Alpha and Charlie can be capped from the second-story of the buildings surrounding it.
          Hmm, strange. I'm pretty sure I remember not being able to 2nd floor cap Alpha nor Beta on that snow map, on the stairs maybe so, but not the floor, unless I'm going crazy.

Comment

It seemed to me that the closer you are on the flag the faster you will cap it - confirm/deny?

Comment

Originally posted by Lyramion View Post
              It seemed to me that the closer you are on the flag the faster you will cap it - confirm/deny?
              I was wondering that too - at least it seems like the "geiger-counter" clicks you hear get faster the closer you are, right?

Comment

The more clicks there are, the more people on your team are on the flag, resulting in it capping faster. Also, on the radium, it seems to change for each flag. On some maps I can be nearly 100 yards away and still cap it while on others I need to be practically right on top of the flag to cap it. There may be some uniformity to all of this but so far I have seen none.

Former TG-21st
                Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Every flag is different dependent on the area it's in. The more people you have compared to enemies in the same area, the faster it caps. It will not cap if enemies are within capping distance and the numbers are equal. You can be at any distance to cap, being closer doesn't make a difference.

Comment

The only flags that seem to require you been on the same horizontal plane are the warehouse flags. You will notice them becuase they just reuse the same warehouse model.

Comment

What about being inside a vehicle as opposed to out? Anyone know if the flag moves faster if your passengers get out?

Comment

The passengers can stay in the vehicle, they do not need to pop out to get the flag, confirmed that with some TG guys on the server two days ago.

Another tip. If the clicking noise of the counter isn't moving, you got a enemy in equal number to the number of your guys near the area.

You are always in the radius when the capping metter lights up, that's how you confirm it, if you are not near a flag, the capping meter is off.
                        Foxwolves or folves for short are very versatile. Sniper, engineer, soldier, strategist, medic, commando.
                        All in one package.
                        The most obvious though is death.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...