Noob Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob Questions

Ok at this point most of us are still noobs to the game. It has not been out that long and not everybody has all the unlocks and tried everything out yet. I still have some vehicles I have not even seen in a map yet. So I was hoping that we could pool some of our experiences together to help with some of the less obvious things in the game. Whiskey had his thread about the flag radius which made me think of several questions I had and perhaps others might have as well. If we get some good info here, perhaps we could condense it into a topic for helpful hints for new players as they come along.

Would like to learn.

UVA - I have seen some people using a machine gun on it. Do all of them have this or is it just certain maps? If it is all, how in the world do you use it?

Bradley/BMP3 - Missile launcher. I have been the driver and the gunner, yet not been able to figure out how to fire that sucker. Am I just missing something?

Laser Tags - As a RPG guy, how do you shoot around objects and corners at a lasered object? Is there a way to remove the laser if you get tagged?

Ammo/Health/Motion - Is there a limit to how many we can have down at a time? It seems like just one at a time. Also when not having the one deployed, just holding the kit out... are you healing or resupplying?

Things I recently learned.

You can kill people AND vehicles with the repair tool.

You can tag players on foot with the laser dart.
    Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Re: Noob Questions

Both the UAV and the tanks are vehicles, so using the vehicle alt-fire perk will give you access to the ToW missile or MG or w/e.

As for locking on to darts with your AT weapon, you have to aim with the sights at the little orange box that appears over the vehicle. Once a range indicator pops up underneath it you can fire straight up into the air and it will home in on it. Simple :)

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Originally posted by [tR]Greasy_mullet View Post
      Ok at this point most of us are still noobs to the game. It has not been out that long and not everybody has all the unlocks and tried everything out yet. I still have some vehicles I have not even seen in a map yet. So I was hoping that we could pool some of our experiences together to help with some of the less obvious things in the game. Whiskey had his thread about the flag radius which made me think of several questions I had and perhaps others might have as well. If we get some good info here, perhaps we could condense it into a topic for helpful hints for new players as they come along.

Would like to learn.

UVA - I have seen some people using a machine gun on it. Do all of them have this or is it just certain maps? If it is all, how in the world do you use it?

Bradley/BMP3 - Missile launcher. I have been the driver and the gunner, yet not been able to figure out how to fire that sucker. Am I just missing something?

Laser Tags - As a RPG guy, how do you shoot around objects and corners at a lasered object? Is there a way to remove the laser if you get tagged?

Ammo/Health/Motion - Is there a limit to how many we can have down at a time? It seems like just one at a time. Also when not having the one deployed, just holding the kit out... are you healing or resupplying?

Things I recently learned.

You can kill people AND vehicles with the repair tool.

You can tag players on foot with the laser dart.
      Bradley-BMP: Right mouse button (default) but must have secondary weapon perk

Laser tags: Keep crosshair over flashing square until a range pops up. Then it's fire and forget, just make sure you shoot REALLY wide to get around obstacles.

Ammo/health: Must be on ground to work.

Motions and UAV: I don't know

Comment

How do I become uber in the gunships? Anyone can shoot stuff in the gunner seat but flying that thing and aiming your missiles is really hard. Using keyboard/mouse
        aka spartan421
        Bad Company 2: Kill dudes heal bros.

Comment

Originally posted by PennyFlame View Post
          How do I become uber in the gunships? Anyone can shoot stuff in the gunner seat but flying that thing and aiming your missiles is really hard. Using keyboard/mouse
          Most if not all the great pilots are using sticks....board/mouse combo is very difficult
          |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

I haven't had any problems using the keyboard/mouse for the helos, and I've gotten compliments on good runs a number of times...

Oh, and UAV is the vehicle alternate weapon perk as said before, since there seems to be confusion on the issue.

Comment

As for the ammo/health/recon sensors: ammo and health seem to disappear when you throw the second one out. Recon sensors can be resupplied and you can have multiple out at the same time. It may be a max of 4-5 like mines. Not sure, but more that 3 at a time.
              Last edited by jb4; 03-13-2010, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Ah so it is that perk for the missile and machine gun!!! With the laser I guess I did not hold on long enough. I saw the orange box but it did not seem to change. I figured I was doing something wrong there.

Good comments, I am learning a lot already!

At the flying question it has been rare that I could fly one of the attack helos but I use the mouse and keyboard and have no issue at all. The controls are rather simplistic compared to other games.
                Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

You most likely will want to invert your flight controls when using a helicopter (and revert back if you're going to use a UAV).
                  They botched it so that one is inverted while the other is not.

As for attack helicopters:
                  1) Stay moving, stay low.
                  1a) Don't always stick to that. Change altitude for the situation. Got some tanks? might want to get a little bit of height to ensure you have a good attack angle on it. Enemy helicopter? Get altitude and rain hydras and chaingun into it.

2) Bring Alt fire for both pilots. Gunner right click sends out tracer dart, Driver right click fires Hellfire.
                  2a) Hellfire doesn't lock like RPGs do, just try to get close to the target, aim at it for a second, then right click.

3) Always turn back towards friendlies after an attack run, try not to pass your friendlies on the battlefield, or you'll be shot down quickly.

4) Move in erratic patterns to avoid being tracer darted.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                    Laser tags: Keep crosshair over flashing square until a range pops up. Then it's fire and forget, just make sure you shoot REALLY wide to get around obstacles.
                    1) Do I need to have direct line of sight to acquire a lock? Or can I aim at the orange square through obstacles?
                    2) Once I have a lock, can I run around to get cover before I fire? In other words, what does it take to lose the lock?

Cheers!

Comment

1) You can lock from anywhere, regardless of obstructions to target.
                      2) You can move around, you can aim away; simply stare at target lock indicator until it shows the range in white underneath, aim to desired angle of turn, and fire.

Comment

I'm doing better now that I find out the mellee attack equals knife.Thanks Greasy

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial1 View Post
                          You most likely will want to invert your flight controls when using a helicopter (and revert back if you're going to use a UAV).
                          They botched it so that one is inverted while the other is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
                            Yeah.

Comment

Do the recon motion balls just pick up moving players / vehicles?

Is it safe to say "stop moving near a flag to go hidden to enemy motion balls"?

Does moving when crouched keep you "off the radar"? (like Halo)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X