The need for more admins?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The need for more admins?

As I'm starting to shape up to the game after my initial 'recoiling in horror and disgust' phase (kind of like i did with 2142 after playing years of POE, Tacmod, and PR ;) I'm wondering how many admins we currently have?

For the most part during normal-ish Eastern Standard Time hours the server is watched over nicely, with proactive approaches by asch or Mantis. However, during the past 2 days i've noticed that once the admins all go to bed and the activity on the server slows down (as i've been pulling all-nighters recently..) say, 3 AM and up, the pubbies begin to turn the TG server into thier own free-for-all.

Whiskey took care of some of the more aggregious acts today after a writeup, but sadly that was much delayed, 4+ hours after the initial acts and after a few of them had thier fun and left the server already, when we could have sent a much stronger message and kicked/banned for ignoring warnings and rules when they would have had more impact.

Things such as using the glitch I talked to asch about in TS (He'l know what I was talking about, i don't want to post it here) to UCB rape, taking helos to exclusively fly over to the UCB to take out spawning players and unused assets, entering UCBs with the express purpose of commandeering armor to spawncamp, etc. seemed to be the order of the day as soon as no admins were on the TS channel or in easy reach.

Do we have any Euro-time admins on the server that can keep an eye on the late night-early morning hours? I contacted T-MAN earlier and he didn't have any access to Guardian so he couldn't help. I've a feeling if this keeps up the servers are going to be abandoned by our night owls, etc.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
    <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
    DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Re: The need for more admins?

Around EU times there has been really annoying players that I've met couple times I've been on the server. Especially friendly fire on seems to attract griefers (maybe because they can't filter it off the server list, and then get frustrated in-game :/).

I wouldn't say Eurotimes are lacking admins, but it seems to be that those times they aren't online it is turns very fast into something very un-TG, the day and night on TG are like day and night (see what I did there?), some elements on server don't fit pub-play at all and when gameplay turns into that it becomes very painful.

And all the admin tools are horrible atm, so I wouldn't really blame admin-base for this.

Comment

More admins is never a bad thing though, since everyone is always in search of one.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Great question. A few days ago we started gathering information from all the current admins to create a coverage map and see where we are a few weeks after launch. From that we can make any required adjustments.

The admin tools are getting a little better.

The 'play now' button is going to be a challenge on this one, with a constant rotation of players that have never been to the forums and aren't necessarily interested in an environment like ours.

The pace of this game and the TS chatter makes it a little interesting to hop on something right when it happens, but we are having successes.

Please keep bringing issues to our attention.

Comment

The servers have been in good shape when I have been on and I haven't noticed all too many problems except a few bunnyhops here and there
          |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

Too bad there is not a way to pull the server off the play now list. I think that would make things a tad easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor00 View Post
              Too bad there is not a way to pull the server off the play now list. I think that would make things a tad easier.
              I Agree to an extent, but that play now button sure gets the server populated quickly when TG presence is light in the early part of the day. It can sit at two players for a while but when that third hits it becomes play now material I guess, because a flood of joining occurs. I don't want to revisit the days of a server sparsely populated until prime-time.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                I Agree to an extent, but that play now button sure gets the server populated quickly when TG presence is light in the early part of the day. It can sit at two players for a while but when that third hits it becomes play now material I guess, because a flood of joining occurs. I don't want to revisit the days of a server sparsely populated until prime-time.
                +1
                |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

To answer your question directly, we have at least 3 European admins that I can think of right off the bat. Also, I am Pacific Time Zone; so I'm on later than the rest usually are.

One of the most important things to do is report in chat. We can see it. We don't have a fancy program like we did in 2142 to notify us of reports, but we can(And do) monitor chat as it happens(Some times with a delay as we're doing something and check the CC). We have noticed a decided lack of reports in chat. Remember:
                  ADMIN, REPORTING <name> for <Reason>

Comment

Originally posted by oniell121 View Post
                    To answer your question directly, we have at least 3 European admins that I can think of right off the bat. Also, I am Pacific Time Zone; so I'm on later than the rest usually are.

One of the most important things to do is report in chat. We can see it. We don't have a fancy program like we did in 2142 to notify us of reports, but we can(And do) monitor chat as it happens(Some times with a delay as we're doing something and check the CC). We have noticed a decided lack of reports in chat. Remember:
                    ADMIN, REPORTING <name> for <Reason>
                    I may also add that you can allways contact us in TS as well. Despite what chanel we are in.
                    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Comment

Too bad there's not a way to better promote TG on the game servers. Especially right now when there's no VOIP and not many people pay attention to text chat. Sure we have a cute little banner on the loading screen that says teamwork/maturity and all that but that's mostly rhetoric on a lot of servers and no new people would take it seriously until they see it in action which they probably won't since most TGers flock to TG squads while pubbies are deemed mostly cannon fodder and assumed to be idiots and left to their own devices. What we need are simple rules and teamspeak address on the loading screen so there's not really any doubt about what is expected once you join. Not many people are going to take the initiative to visit tacticalgamer.com even if it is in the server name. A lot of servers have a web address in their name but I don't care about any of them.

Anyway the point is how many people are we kicking and alienating because they are ignorant of our rules and how we operate that could be potential super cool teammates later on down the road if they had a better understanding of the TG way?
                      aka spartan421
                      Bad Company 2: Kill dudes heal bros.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...