Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revives do NOT count towards your K/D in BC2 !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revives do NOT count towards your K/D in BC2 !

After some good medic circle jerks me and reaper had today in [B]2 we noticed something off about our K/Ds on the scoreboard. A quick test on an empty server seems to confirm it:

Whenever you go down in BC2 - your detah counter goes up by 1 even if you get revived!

What a break in traditions over BF2 and 2142. This certainly explains tho why on the Scoreboard the negatove K/Ds by far outweight the positive ones. This even more proves how in BC2 your K/D doesn´t say much about your actual performance that round.

In the old BFs it was possible for like everyone on the server to have a positive K/D because of the revives. Now in BC2 the total "deaths" will theoretically always be equal to the "kills" on the board - unless some players joined/left.

Re: Revives do NOT count towards your K/D in BC2 !

Which is flat out stupid imo, especially with some of the damage modeling, knife 'auto-aim' and bullet delays they have.

Even if you're laying waste to a squad, 3 dead and one left, and he turns around and starts shooting there's a good chance you will both kill each other, and even if you have an entire squad of medics behind you, you get a death.

Comment

Ummm

Kind of got it all backwards, IMO. K/D as a mark of actual individual skill was not reflected accurately in BF2/2142. That one awful pubbie that followed the squad around in 2142 could be 7 and 2....and been revived 14 times by other players. Not to mention you kept the kill when the guy you killed got revived. So you'd see things like the team total kills in the 500s...but there were only 200 tickets....because of revives.

This way, it actually measures when you kill....and when you are killed. So when you see a 2.0 KDR, you know that guy is actually shooting down two guys for every time he gets shot. Which is more impressive on an individual level then "medics revive me all the time, so I just need to kill two or three guys for every time I actually respawn"

Of course the problem for the team is that the KDR the way it is now encourages camping in order to preserve that precious, sacred number. Which is fine for defense, but in the attack.....yeah...problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
        K/D as a mark of actual individual skill
        I think I would prefer my stats in BF games to reflect squad-work or team-work instead of my individual contribution. I think it'd make for funner and trickier gameplay if other people are involved.
        Last edited by Zhohar; 03-14-2010, 06:48 AM.

Comment

you know that guy is actually shooting down two guys for every time he gets shot
          ...or sits in the uncap of the junglemap all round sniping while not sticking to his squadmates?

Comment

It wouldn't be that bad if they didn't stick it so prominently next to your name. The focus on maintaining K/D as opposed to objective based play can be altered by this.

Comment

Is there a "number of times revived" statistic?
              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Yep realized that on day 1 of playing in beta. Doesn't bother me that much. As long as I am contributing to the team and helping to win rounds, I don't care about my K/D ratio :)

Comment

If every player is honest with themselves they will know if their K/D is true skill, or just the fact that they hang back, take kills and let their team take the brunt of it. There will be people on both sides of that line. In this game, I like that they break points down for you, so beyond the basic K/D you can see how you contribute to the team, your squad and the objective. I look at it as role performance. With whatever role you played, did you play it to your best potential to support your team for the round? Am I willing to make the kit/role changes during the game to address how the round is playing out? Hopefully, we all strive to say yes.

Comment

I die a lot. A LOT, to things that are my fault but also to random **** from nowhere. This game is very merciless to people like me. I measure having a good day by having a positive K/D at the end of a round. Whether that positive number is 1.33 or even just 1, it's still better than Rush mode on attacker's side where I usually go 2/17 or something like that.

The K/D ratio with no revive factored in is a brutal reminder that I need to step my game up.

It's ok though. I like it that way.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Squad score, that's what it's all about. Go to the in-game leader boards, click "GO TO ME" and check out your squad score in comparison to those above and below you, the same rank and total points as you. Hardly anyone around me has a squad score even half what mine is. That's the stat you want to see improve, the teamwork one.

Comment

The reason I harp on it being so bad is... well, consider this.

Assault player, in a squad with competent medics, is pushing crates hard and playing meatshield for his squad more often than not.
                        He gets a K/D of 15/20, even though he's been revived 15 times.

Recon player, all alone, sits near the main base or other prominent sniping areas, and just takes shots all round.
                        He gets a K/D of 20/3, and hasn't been revived once.

The recon player is now encouraged to keep doing this indefinitely, while the assault player thinks he sucks and needs to start playing a different class, even though he was doing a great job.
                        Teamwork should be reflected in scores (and not just hidden in the deep recesses of the stats panel); that's what the BF series is about. This change makes me feel more console oriented than anything.

Comment

K/D is a way we will be judged in this game by others - even if subconciousness. Old BFs hat Teamwork Score, Kills and Deaths displayed. Now all we have is K/D and Total score on the board

Comment

Teamwork IS reflected in scores. Revives, healing, resupplying, repairing, planting, defusing etc all give POINTS (with doing a lot of those on a squad member giving even more points), and a good medic reviving and healing can do MUCH better points wise than any sniper. K/D ratio is not points, it is not meant to be points, and in this game I see it as more FYI information than anything. I have gotten (outside of TG servers, wont be on them until things calm down or pubs get so bad it's unbearable. Just too much trouble to try to get on right now imo) far more points playing as medic than I have gotten playing anything else, period, much less recon.

If someone thinks he needs to play something else solely because of his K/D ratio than he needs to rewire his thought process, not the game rewire it for him if you ask me. While it would be nice to have total score, teamwork score, and K/D it's not enough of a problem to really bother me. Game is meant for consoles and isn't meant to be BF3 so I just deal with small problems like this.

(Not that I don't love being able to do really well as medic and get a good K/D ratio :D)

Comment

Originally posted by Delta Five Nine View Post
                              K/D ratio is not points, it is not meant to be points, and in this game I see it as more FYI information than anything.
                              Well you have to consider how K/D has worked for... gosh, every FPS I know.

When you're familiar with the concept of High K/D = High Skill, it won't be obvious that it's "FYI", especially when it's displayed on the scoreboard, prominently.
                              Beside, we're talking about a game made for console players... K/D is not just going to be "FYI" for them.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X