Unintentional Teamsizeoverload through Friendlist joining

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unintentional Teamsizeoverload through Friendlist joining

What is a great tool for random pubby server - is a nuisance to our TG Server.

if you join a server through the friendlist, the game will try to put you in the squad of your friend and also on the same side as your friend - even if that team already has 16 players !

Thus if you join the TG Servers you should join through the Serverbrowser/Favourits/History or alternativly check out the teambalance the instant you entered.

Re: Unintentional Teamsizeoverload through Friendlist joining

I wondered why this was happening. Was it so hard for DICE to write a little "If team=16 players then no more can join" bit of code?

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
      I wondered why this was happening. Was it so hard for DICE to write a little "If team=16 players then no more can join" bit of code?
      ROFL! Ooops!

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

there hasn't been a functioning friends list for weeks though
        2412: TG Displacio or TG Wazzaup

Comment

Originally posted by Wazzaup View Post
          there hasn't been a functioning friends list for weeks though
          I get invites, but I've never used it to join, just favorites.

Comment

It is starting to show up as a bigger issue, with 15 players in TS on Team 1, and 3 mabye 4 if they are lucky on team 2, who probably just don't have those players on their friendslists yet. Will be interesting when our friends lists grow more and more..
            BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Originally posted by PM07SNV View Post
              It is starting to show up as a bigger issue, with 15 players in TS on Team 1, and 3 mabye 4 if they are lucky on team 2, who probably just don't have those players on their friendslists yet. Will be interesting when our friends lists grow more and more..
              I prefer joining the team channel in TS that has less players in, and change to that team when I'm in game, doesn't matter if I joined through friend or not. In order to see the teams before you spawn in (and get working with it, after which it is hard to switch to the other team) click Esc and then open scoreboard tab. This way both teams have players in TS working together and the other side doesn't end up being pub mass.

Comment

Originally posted by Mixa View Post
                I prefer joining the team channel in TS that has less players in, and change to that team when I'm in game.
                Problem for me is, I usually get on so early the "less" side is zero, and "more" side is 3 or 4. It's tough to decide to join a side that currently has zero comm teamwork.

I have a game-controller thingy that is capable of macros. I don't ever use the function but attempted to make my first recently that would throw up a "Join us in Teamspeak" message in all-chat and give the IP but alas, macros are just one more thing I suck at, as I couldn't get it to work right.

Comment

It's not like this will be a problem for me ... my buddy list got wiped a few days ago. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Zhohar View Post
                    It's not like this will be a problem for me ... my buddy list got wiped a few days ago. :(
                    Mine too. I guess some info was lost during the master server upgrades.

Comment

or Friends could just play on other servers
                      doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                        Problem for me is, I usually get on so early the "less" side is zero, and "more" side is 3 or 4. It's tough to decide to join a side that currently has zero comm teamwork.
                        Yeah it doesn't really work if there is more than 1-3 player difference in the numbers, but someone has to do it. We need more of those some-ones ;)

It seems like friendlists got reset so better start adding those players you most hat... err... like!

Comment

Originally posted by Zhohar View Post
                          Same here.. EA don't want me too have friends! EA is a big mean bully :/
                          Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X