No announcement yet.

BC2: Flash in the pan or here to stay?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC2: Flash in the pan or here to stay?

It seems BC2 is popular at TG right now. But, I have seen plenty of games have a strong start at TG and then fizzle out a few months down the line. As my mouse is hovering over the purchase button on steam I ask of you the following: Is this game going to have a good long run at TG or do you think it will burn out in a few months?

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Re: BC2: Flash in the pan or here to stay?

Now is the perfect time to get it.
    Last edited by DrBeat; 03-14-2010, 01:00 PM.

Comment

I don't see this game doing as good as BF2 and 2142 did since the biggest flaw of this game is the fact that it is an export of a console game to pc... but I see my self playing for 6-8 month.

Comment

I think the game will ast long enough around TG till the release of the new MOH :)
        |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

I think it will stay until something better comes along. A true replacement like BF3 or some other game with a similar style.
          Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

I think you should buy now, as i like playing games with you, so jump in now !

.... however voip does not work for squads and we are making do with teamspeak and sometimes having really good teamwork on teampseak ... sometimes. That is the situation with talking teamwork at the moment

Comment

It beats doing laundry.

Comment

Many games get a lot of hype at TG. On release they die becasue the games do not live up to rapidly growing expectations, yesterdays goodness is todays crap. BC2 is a genuine masterpiece - lots of lessons learned from previous battlefields and progressive improvements made, however not without some faults. But check the servers they are always full. At TG it appeals to 2142, COD, BF2 and even some ARMA and PR people, that should tell you it has something for everyone. Even if BC2doesn't last long for whatever reason, which I doubt. You will never find more hours of entertainment for $50.

Comment

If you are even considering it, get it now. The game is based on unlocks and the more you successfully play the roles, the faster you get them. I think this game has a solid future ahead as long as they continue to release maps.

Comment

I think the lack of a map editor means it wont last as long as BF2, but BF3 can't be that far away so it doesn't really matter. DICE will keep releasing maps throughout the year I'm sure and that will be good enough to keep people playing.

Comment

That has got to be in their thought process. Keep people happy and playing this until they can release BF3 and build on the success of this game. I hate the comparisons but MW1 laid a great foundation and with the support they gave it they were able to keep a lot of people playing and active. Then when the big next version came out, it was the next step for a lot of those players and tons of new ones as well. I do agree the game needs more maps, especially vehicle maps.
                      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

While you can't say for sure, there are enough new elements to the game that it has the right stuff to be a keeper. The Rush mode is really going over well, as each set of objectives changes the dynamics of the battle as the defense retreats and gets more tools to defend with. I don't know if that's an EA innovation or a concept borrowed from another game, but it really feels right in the BF world.

The unlocks are also so much fun that once I max out I'll be tempted to start a new profile over just to get that giddy "what's next" excitement back.

Comment

If you aren't totally into a game right now and are looking to play something regularly for at least a few months, possibly longer, then I think most people would say get it. I can't see it lasting as long as BF2 has because the market is different now and EA will bring new products to bear. But as long as DICE remains true to their promise of releasing new maps every few months, it should last at least into the fall (When MOH is released) and beyond.
                          |TG-Irr| Laci's Ghost

Comment

I see this lasting at least a few months if not until BF3's release. Game isn't BF3 but it is fun and I haven't had as much fun on a MP FPS of this style in years so I'd say get it.

Comment

It'll have a very strong following here until Battlefield 3 comes out. I don't think anything else will knock it down.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X