UCB Camping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCB Camping

There are times when someone shoots out of the UCB. Fire is returned and then all of a sudden someone says "they" are attacking "us" in our UCB when it was a one on one firefight. Due to some UCBs close proximity and direct line of sight with some flags. I think we shouldn't be so quick to call USB camping until it becomes clear that it is intentional and it was not a defensive measure. Personally I will forgive fire from the UCB and not shoot back unless it's from armor or someone is abusing our rules and using the UCB as a safe haven to fire from. Perhaps we should create a no attacking from the UCB rule. I want to give the enemy an opportunity to get out and form an offensive and not have that ruined by a one on one firefight that blows up into battle at the UCB. I wish the UCB's were better hidden like other BF titles, but they are not. What do you guys think?

Re: UCB Camping

The thing is, as I've noticed from playing in a few non-TG servers, it's similar to vanilla BF2/CoD/Counterstrike where a good portion of the playerbase rushes to spawn/UCB (lets say, 1/2-3/4 of the pubbies). This is because hey, it's free tickets, theres free assets there, it's easy kills to pad your oh-so-important (as that thread below noted) K/D ratio, and it's easier to fight them in the general open then you know, in the game with all that cover and manouverability around.

Most pubbie servers have no "don't attack UCB" rules and a lot of pubbies that jump on don't care. "ZOMG, someone crying about getting killed in a wargame and that fighting isn't fair, suck it up" basically, as I was told.

Personally, if we had the ability, I wouldn't mind placing a Dome of Death around the UCBs and perhaps 25m in the environs to flush out the UCB enterers, like we have in PR.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
    <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
    DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisclaveret View Post
      Personally, if we had the ability, I wouldn't mind placing a Dome of Death around the UCBs and perhaps 25m in the environs to flush out the UCB enterers, like we have in PR.
      I agree. A perfect example of why this should be implemented (of course when it actually possible) was this morning on the hardcore server. The teams where NOT balanced - 10-16 at one point. Several players on the stacked team barged into the spawn area and stole all the defender's vehicles which they kept for the rest of the short round.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

I blame the maps as the UCB is way too close to the first flag. If you take that flag on the other team, it is a fine line from defending the flag to assaulting the UCB. It would appear that the reason they made them so close was to cut down on the number of vehicles in most maps. The maps with some distance between the UCB and the first flag tend to have more vehicles. It is a tough call but personally if somebody shoots at me I am going to shoot back and if I am defending a flag and a bad guy comes in visual range, I am going to drop him.
        Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Also, people that retreat with their armor back to the UCB to repair need to understand that it puts spawning teammates at risk of becoming collateral damage. I don't think armor that retreats to, or just plain decides to sit in and fire out of, a UCB should get a free pass on not being AT'd or even mortar striked. It's no holds barred as far as I'm (and I hope the rules are) concerned.

Comment

In PR where this used to be common (and still is, kind of, since the only way to repair is either calling a logistics truck on the scene and exposing it, or retreating to base, and base is the ONLY way to rearm your vehicles) it's usually fair play if you take out a retreating tank. If you're able to shoot it as it retreats towards the base, it's well and good, as long as you don't persue it INTO the base. Usually though, the bases are about as big as half a BC2 or 2142 map alone ;) so you have plenty of time to shoot at a retreating armor. However, once it's in the base, it's against the rules to shoot at it, unless they're returning fire at you.

This is because you really shouldn't be there anyway, as the attackable flags are miles away from both bases on most maps, and there is another rule in place that you should only attack flags "in play" (the Advanced Attack and Secure map mode on PR only lets you take the next flag, in order, and defend the current/previous flag. No other maps will cap until the flag thats got the AO is capped. Theres also a rule that you can't mine, blow up, obstruct with debris, or otherwise mess with the main base entrances/exits.

You shoot your tank/APC/AA gun out of base at targets, theres no umbrella rule shield telling opfor they need to sit there and take it, provided you don't use something like a JDAM that takes huge collateral damage. I'd view that as fair in BC2 as well.

On a map like Laguna Presa, the APC on the US side at least can rain down (slightly inaccurate) fire onto Charlie and, driving a little way, Alpha while inside the confines of the base or right on the road outside. You can also shoot at Charlie and Alpha on White Pass on either/or side.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
            <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
            DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

This brings up a question that I have. The other night, playing conquest, the other team rushed and took all the points then set up a defensive line right outside our spawn. They where not IN our spawn just right outside of it. We had no where to go. We became spawning fish in a barrel. Is this an OK tactic? I mean, it worked like a damn charm! They fought for the points then pushed us into a corner and kept us at bay till the round was over. I would like clarification if thats allowed or not. Or do they have to pull back and defend the points?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I guess I need clarification also....regarding rush. I know the rules are different and my question is this. On Valdez I noticed several guys from the enemy right at the top of sniper hill this ok? I know there are no UCB's but it does seem a bit to close to where we parachute in? the people in question had TG tags so I am wanting to know if this is legit or not?
                "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I would think that its ok. The main UCB portion is where the vehicles are and they had to move away from that to take up a position on the hill. Thus taking him out of the UCB and into the fight

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

At that point they are out of the UCB (It is called 'sniper hill' after all).

Especially if they are sniping out, they are fair game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                      This brings up a question that I have. The other night, playing conquest, the other team rushed and took all the points then set up a defensive line right outside our spawn. They where not IN our spawn just right outside of it. We had no where to go. We became spawning fish in a barrel. Is this an OK tactic? I mean, it worked like a damn charm! They fought for the points then pushed us into a corner and kept us at bay till the round was over. I would like clarification if thats allowed or not. Or do they have to pull back and defend the points?
                      It isn't technically against the rules, but IMO it's poor sportsmanship and not what TG is about. If it comes to this point you have proven that you have the better team. Let the other team out and maybe let them have a flag. More fun for all.

Comment

I agree, it makes for much better rounds if you at least let the other team out of the UCB. Last I noticed for W6 was that you could expect to shot where ever you are on the map, UCB included. Its different from spawn camping, which can take place anywhere on the map.

Comment

Can't we get Spawn admin rights?
                          Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

I know how to fix this problem. We should put the ucb floating in the air. It should be able to move but this practice is generally frowned upon due to the massive lag it caused. The spawn area should be shielded from enemy fire by semitransparent glowy blue shields.....................oh wait........
                            sigpic

Comment

That's overboard, futureman. Go back to basics.

Stick an out-of-bounds area over it, one big circle that covers all spawn points and extends past them around 50 meters. Done.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X