Transport Choppers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transport Choppers?

Simple question - which maps have them? I haven't seen them on any of the TG maps currently in circulation, nor have I seen them on other servers.

Re: Transport Choppers?

The Blackhawks and Hinds aren't really transport choppers, they're more gunship platforms. They hold the pilot and 2 gunners and I think one? more person.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
    <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
    DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

The blackhawk is only really used on one map as a true transport. Another map with the big open desert would have been great for it but they left it out. I believe it is on 3 maps total but I have yet to learn the names of the maps.
      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisclaveret View Post
        The Blackhawks and Hinds aren't really transport choppers, they're more gunship platforms. They hold the pilot and 2 gunners and I think one? more person.
        I would disagree....as for the famous movie, Black Hawk Down....the UH-60 is indeed used as a transport chopper for tactical insertions....I would hope that we get to use it as such

from the US Army website:

Mission

Provide air assault, general support, aeromedical evacuation, command and control and special operations support to combat and stability and support operations.
        Entered Army Service

Description and Specifications

The UH 60 Black Hawk is a utility tactical transport helicopter that replaces the UH-1 "Huey"..........

As for practicality in our gaming servers....I would hope people slowly bring the chopper to a mid-air stop before people can jump out....otherwise you risk dying from hitting the chopper on your way out....

Comment

I think he meant the use of them in game is not as transport choppers.
          Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Yeah. They're transport and equipment drop choppers in real life, Kind of like how we have them in PR, they provide fast-ish transport and recovery, but the miniguns almost never come into play unless you're clearing the immediate LZ. But in this game they're the equivalent of the HMMVEE or quad in BF2/2142, or the jets for that matter ;) 1 man personal transport (on most pubby servers, guy jumps in, takes off, flies full tilt across map, bails, plants charge/starts camping) or floating gunship platforms (circle-strafing that island rush map on part 1 or 2 with 2 choppers for ex) not for delivering people to the front.

What I mean is, it seems every vehicle is capped at holding a limited amount of people (usually one squad). For a UH-60 this includes 1 pilot and 2 doorgunners, with room for 2 passengers which sit exposed on the doors. For the APC's (called light tanks in game) they hold 1 driver/main gunner, 1 cupola gunner, and 2 side gunners. It's been my limited experience that the doorgunners on the Blackhawk hold onto thier position like ticks and never jump off, while the APC is useful as a 'squad bomber', pouring infantry out as they spawn on the 2 different squadmates inside.
            Last edited by Bisclaveret; 03-15-2010, 06:30 AM.

DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Well, theoretically with pilot and 2-3(?) spots the BH could transport 3-4 full squads with a little coordination and holding spawn.

Comment

And the maps?

Comment

Ah, sorry. Port Valdez, Valparaso, and Isla Innocentes all have Blackhawks/Hinds, but not at once, IE the russians on Innocentes only get it at the very end from what i can remember, while the US has them on the first 2? 3? sets of pushes.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X