• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Patch v522174 Coming any time now

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...74-update.html

Changelog for 522174

Quote:
    Single Player -
    Fixed: Graphical issues on some systems on SP_03 (at start and when displaying background mountains at “Up river”)
    Fixed: Character voice issue during cut scenes in SP_03b (only affected Spanish)
    Fixed: Hang when killed using TOW Launchers in SP_05
    Fixed: Graphical issue on some systems on SP_05 (displaying background mountains)
    Fixed: Voice volume in cut scenes on SP_06
    Fixed: Unexpected dialog at start of SP_08 (only affected Italian)
    Fixed: Random crash in SP_09 cut scenes

Multi Player -
    Fixed: Server Browser - Joining a password protected server results in a connection timeout
    Fixed: Server Browser auto updating server list when reopened causing a timeout issue
    Fixed: Server Browser showing “all servers” when re-entering browser on the History or Favorites tab.
    Fixed: Password issue during Friend invites
    Fixed: Password text field issue on joining a password protected server
    Fixed: “Flickering” ship on Arica Harbor
    Fixed: Clan tags that use numbers in them displaying a “0” on the Select Spawn Point screen
    Fixed: Display issue on long server names
    Fixed: Mortar Strike icon not updating (Beta issue)
    Fixed: No “Exit Game” menu option appearing at the end of some rounds.
    Fixed: Flickering user rank icon (appeared as an animated gif) when user reaches rank 10.
    Fixed: Flickering trees and “Red Box” on Laguna Presa
    Fixed: User is logged out when failing to create a new soldier
    Fixed: Zeus stationary weapon not appearing in stats
    Fixed: Zu23 not appearing in stats
    Fixed: BMD3 AA not appearing in stats
    Fixed: Friend request displaying incorrect Veteran stats
    Fixed: End of Round screen displayed incorrect “UAV_Station” – now displays correct localized text.
    Fixed: K/D ratio displays in the Front End
    Fixed: K/D ratio displays correctly when “comparing”
    Change: Server browser now defaults to list via Ping first
    Change: News Ticker font support for Spanish, Polish, Russian and Japanese
    Change: New message for server full (reported as “I get no message when I try and join a server, it does nothing”)
    Change: New message displayed for attempting to join a password protected server without providing a password (reported as “I get no message when I try and join a server, it does nothing”)
    Change: Displays version number on Front End Legal Screen
    Change: Display of weapon icon during loading screen

Sweet!

- having fun on the battlefield, the "TG way"

Re: New Patch v522174 Coming any time now

No mention of VOIP. :(

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
      No mention of VOIP. :(
      pfff... whatever noob... just wait till you guys see my Zu23 stats! You will all finally give me the respect I deserve!!

Comment

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to WhiskeySix again."

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
          pfff... whatever noob... just wait till you guys see my Zu23 stats! You will all finally give me the respect I deserve!!

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

lol, that's the first thing I skimmed through looking for. But alas, no VoIP!

Comment

Broken VOIP is a feature not a bug! :D

Comment

I would think that the main concern is making it stable first. Then adding in "extras" like VOIP

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Seriously, nothing in that list has been a problem for me, nor can it have been a problem for anyone else. How they can spend time on patching those things and not fixing VOIP is beyond me. VOIP should be a priority issue.
                  sigpic

Comment

They are at least attempting to fix the CTD between rounds...

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...l#post13363291
                    Thanks to those who have accepted the fixes that we have done - and yes there are more to work on. I've decided to post in here as a few people have comment on QA delaying the patch so I would like to explain what happened.

During a load between levels there is a Crash to Desktop. We know several of you have encoutered this. We believe we found the issue to be related to a server configuration issue which Bazza described here: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...er-admins.html

However, with more investigation we realised it wasnt and so the patch was delayed.

It will still be with you "soon" - and no we dont live on different timescale to everyone else and no we are not all going home.

Hope this explains a little.

Joe
                    DICE QA Manager

Comment

Originally posted by general_alvin View Post
                      Seriously, nothing in that list has been a problem for me, nor can it have been a problem for anyone else. How they can spend time on patching those things and not fixing VOIP is beyond me. VOIP should be a priority issue.
                      They are probably operating under the assumption that most people use Team Speak, Mumble or Vent now a days. That would make it not a "priority" because we can talk to each other, just not in game.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Nothing of that entire list bothers me really but voip bothers me big time. Oh well ... we'll have to wait and hope...
                        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Comment

Just because it's not in this patch doesn't mean it's not a high priority. Looks like this stuff was some low-hanging-fruit on the bugs list. I don't think problem behind VOIP is as simple as a missing semi-colon somewhere - it's likely a design-level problem which takes a lot of time to fix: They need to identify the problem, convince everyone what you've found is THE problem, come up with a resdesign, get redesign approved, implement redesign, debug redesign, get peer-review on redesign, and test the redesign.

and just to keep things in perspective, remember that the game isn't even two-weeks old yet ;)

Comment

My concern isn't the tme, it's that I haven't seen it acknowledged anywhere. Are there any posts sayig VOIP is broken, we're working on it?
                            sigpic

"Remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!"

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                              Just because it's not in this patch doesn't mean it's not a high priority. Looks like this stuff was some low-hanging-fruit on the bugs list. I don't think problem behind VOIP is as simple as a missing semi-colon somewhere - it's likely a design-level problem which takes a lot of time to fix: They need to identify the problem, convince everyone what you've found is THE problem, come up with a resdesign, get redesign approved, implement redesign, debug redesign, get peer-review on redesign, and test the redesign.

Or as the rest of us calls it, completing the product for release :)
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X