The language....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The language....

I don't know about the rest of you, but I love the "flowery" language used in this game. I pretty much laugh every time I hear the US medic say "fix yourself up with some of this ****". Too bad I don't understand Russian as I'm sure some of what they say is pretty funny too.

Re: The language....

I could do without the off color language. The dialogue comes off childish.

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
      I could do without the off color language. The dialogue comes off childish.
      I'd say it was pretty realistic or, if nothing else, tame by comparison to how soldiers really talk most of the time.

When I was in high school I worked for a retired Army Sergeant Major who was a veteran of WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. I don't think he could a sentence out without dropping an F bomb - reminded me a bit of Sam Elliot's character in We Were Soldiers.

Comment

The Russian is very tame in comparison.

Funny that you can't in game text foul language you get *****.

Comment

Don't really care one way or the other about the profanity, but the automated phrases themselves that are already getting old and are really gonna grate on our nerves after a few hundred hours of game time.

Comment

Everything about the game is going to grate upon you after a few hundred hours of game time. ;P

The cursing in-game does provide a humorous, unavoidable counterpunch to Tactical Gamer's SOP about adult language. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
              Don't really care one way or the other about the profanity, but the automated phrases themselves that are already getting old and are really gonna grate on our nerves after a few hundred hours of game time.
              Only if you try to actually focus on what they are saying. I am already ignoring what the soldiers are saying (not the TS voices, but in-game voices) and same with that warning horn when you are about to lose in Conquest.

Comment

Re: the Conquest horn. It bugged me to death the first few times I heard it. You're right, though; it's already been shifted to background noise for me.

Comment

I think it's funny. I'm usually too busy concentrating on the battlefield to notice, so it really doesn't bother me.

Comment

**Hostile Infantry Spotted** (EU commander voice)

I like the color in the voices, adds some immersion.
                    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Originally posted by N.B. Forrest View Post

When I was in high school I worked for a retired Army Sergeant Major who was a veteran of WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. I don't think he could a sentence out without dropping an F bomb - reminded me a bit of Sam Elliot's character in We Were Soldiers.
                      Did he live in New Jersey?

I love the language in this game, it may be a bit over the top sometimes...But it's still funny to hear the things that come over your guys' mouth. Especially when a sniper shoots at one of your guys.

Comment

You've got to admit, sometimes they're funny. I'll C4 a full Bradley to oblivion to hear a random dude beside me scream "Ye-ye-ye-ye yeah! Get Some!" ... I can't help but grin.
                        The language doesn't really bother me. Just words.

Comment

Can you turn off the profanity or is it headset time with kids in the next room?

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Yeah, you can turn down the vocalizations. Though in single-player, the cutscenes still have a few F-bombs sprinkled in.

Comment

Talking of the fail horn..

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/li...408014#3970578
                              BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...