Tracer Dart System fail.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracer Dart System fail.

For some reason my RPG-7 and M2-CG are not hitting tracer dart marked targets, can someone tell what am i doing wrong?
    sigpic

Re: Tracer Dart System fail.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...-dart-gun.html

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...acer-dart.html

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ck-tracer.html

The search function can be your bestest friend ;)

Comment

That explains it! Thanks Harlequin!
      sigpic

Comment

Since i've been using the tracer almost exclusively, I'l give you some tips, lol. That and when i'm not medicing i'm a dedicated antitank most of the time. This'l kick myself in the ass when i'm APC-whoring, but oh well.

Tracers seem unaffected by gravity, even though they travel slow, they seem to continue on in a straight line, or maybe a very slight drop.

Be aware that the rocket seems to track directly towards the armor no matter whats in the way. It has no auto-avoidance to not hit any obstacle in it's path, it'l bury itself in the hill or tree after it turns if it's directly in the path, so you have to be creative in deployment. The RPG-7 tracks slower so is somewhat looser in this regard, the CG snaps into position almost immediately after firing. If you can tracer a chopper, use a CG because the RPG is easy to avoid while the CG acts like a sidewinder.

If you have a long shot, even if the tank is out in the open, tracer darts are your friend. It stabilizes the rocket, meaning it doesn't parabola anymore, and auto-corrects if the armor backs up or drifts.

Personally, if I get the drop on armor, or if it suddenly chugs up a hill infront of me, i switch and try to dart it even if i know i'm going to die, that at least gives me some assurance someone might notice the glowing target box and paint on the map and shoot it even after i expire.

CGs work WONDERFULLY with the dart. They still do a decent amount of damage, track fast (snapping a 90 degree angle from vertical sometimes) and have the extra splash to kill repairing engineers most of the time.

Also, you can tracer infantry. This has been my favorite surprise for camping snipers if i can catch them exposed for long enough. It still gives you the +30 for tracing support, and the rocket tracks right to the entrenched infantry no matter where he is. If you see someone sporting a flashing tag, get away from him, lol.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
        <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
        DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Lol @ Bisc

I agree on the tracer first then engage. It only takes a fraction of a second to flip to your dart and add that before firing an AT round. This gives everyone else a chance to assist you in finishing off that tank even if you die before doing it yourself.

Comment

Doesn't the dart disappear when you die?
            former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

No, it stays long enough for you to dart, die, and get 2 or 3 shots on if you absolutely have to.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
              <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
              DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Nothing disappears when you die. Well, at least nothing the engineer can utilize. I can mine up an area, die, and my mines will remain right where they are. Tracer darts are the same. C4? Not sure. Never used it. Ammo and health boxes? Not sure. Never used them. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Gill View Post
                  Nothing disappears when you die. Well, at least nothing the engineer can utilize. I can mine up an area, die, and my mines will remain right where they are.
                  I'm not sure how they've changed how the engine handles mines and things from BF2... but back then mines would stay until you died, at which point a 'Time to Live' was enabled, which removed the mines after a short while. It helps to reduce the number of networked objects in the game.

Not sure if they've changed this, it may just be a long time until your mines disappear and you never notice it.

Also, tracers have a time to live of about a minute or something; they'll disappear even if you're still living.

Comment

Do tracer darts become permanently incapacitated once the V-SMOKE is used?

I swore I lost my tracer darts on a tank after it used the smoke ability....I had to trace it over and over again....

Any confirmation?

Comment

I know that smoke will obscure a tracer, but I dont think it removes the trace. I can not confirm or deny removal. But I do use smoke when I know there is going to be heavy anti-armor support as it breaks it for a short period of time.

I also trace first, shoot after as I hope to get additional anti-armor support. Not so much into getting the kill points as I am into just getting rid of the armor. Also, make sure to call out on comms that you have the armor traced. This is nice to hear on comms, so I can join in on tagging tank.

For armor that is trying to hide behind cover, I will almost always fire into the air in hopes that the AT missile will get enough height before turning back at the target. It seems to work at shorter distances or if the target is just the other side of an obstacle from me. But this doesnt seem to work so well for a tank that is more than a few hundred meters away and closely hugging a building.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X