Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Company 2 and TGU

Greetings,

Due to the popularity of BC2, TGU is starting to discuss training possabilities to support BC2 both with classes and with the training server. Currently, the training server is set up for PR and 2142, but with the apparent demise of 2142, I am considering changing it to be able to run either PR or BC2.

I wanted some feedback on several things concerning TGU from the BC2 community:

1. Is there interest in having the training server run BC2 for practice and training sessions?

2. Are there any current training requests concerning BC2 TGU can accomidate now?

3. Are there any BC2 players that would like to teach what you know so far at TGU as an instructor for BC2?

Looking forward to comments and interest.

TMAN
    sigpic

Re: Bad Company 2 and TGU

I think it would offer a chance for players to learn the maps. Learn the ins and outs and all the roads in and out. This will give them tactical advantadges on the battlefield

1. I would enjoy having a practice/training server

2. I would like to cover/learn new assault points for different maps, practice squad movements and bases of fire

3. Yes, I would love to help work out courses for BC2 and would enjoy teaching them

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

1. Would be nice to have a training server, especially with the game being so new it could be used during TGU downtime to test out certain things.

2. What Dredge said pretty specifically, though not for myself (I'd like for people to start learning these things).

3. I would if I could, but I'm consistently busy. I couldn't promise anything if I wanted to.

Comment

Not everyone is aware of what kit customization does what, so knowing combos and what you can achieve with them in vehicles could be handy. Will take time to go through them all and document it, especially things like how much more damage does the extra explosives do and to what? etc.

I think there is a lot of potential for TGU classes.
        BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Well since I started the discussion in the TGU admin area I think I am going to put in what my original idea was.

So personally I don't think this game is very well suited for a TGU course because all the different class customisations so it depends on the personal style of said player, granted an instructor would be able to give some examples of kit layouts that he/she think works well but I don't think this is satisfactory for a course. What I had in mind is that TGU would create a night where people can show up and then they can have a discussion about the different kits, what combos they have found useful and all this stuff. This would allow people that are new to the game to receive a lot of different opinions on what works and at the same time older players might get some new ideas to what combo would be useful and so on. then if they have access to a server at the same time they could try it out to see how it works and so on.

I don't know if that makes sense but if not I will elaborate some more...

Those of you that have played PR and know of charities tactics discussion initiative, think along those lines.
          If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

I think that more important is proper timing and movement during battle. A lot of it is forgotten in the heat of battle at the moment.

Class choices come up to experimentation and personal preference, though it's not a bad idea to do what you're saying.

Comment

Good discussion, I think we will be looking into some "meet up" events at the very least. I am also looking into modifying the training server to accomidate BC2.
              sigpic

Comment

I will be checking with the server folks to see how long it would take to configure the training server for BC2. Keep you posted.

I also bought the game! Should be fun, see you out there.
                sigpic

Comment

I'd like to see some classes, even if they are pretty general.

What classes? Well: HELICOPTERS!! I need some serious work on these things, and a practice server should make them more available, not to mention personal instruction would be nice. Some general tactics i.e. flanking, survival, rush tactics, etc.

I look forward to what you all will put together.

Thanks.

Comment

As far as a Practice server goes I and the Irregs LOVE the idea!! Would love to be able to have Practice nights.

In regards to TGU classes, I think even with all the customizable kit options, they would still come in handy. Allot of players (including myself) would like proper flight training....Infantry/medic/Sniper tactics can be taught regardless of kit.
                    |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

That would actually be very awesome. I never was in a training night with TG guys and would like to experience it.

Since I have been playing now BC2 for some time and have all the unlocks, I do have some experience and how to use the various devices in BC2, I use most every kit in the arsenal and have all unlocks.
                      Foxwolves or folves for short are very versatile. Sniper, engineer, soldier, strategist, medic, commando.
                      All in one package.
                      The most obvious though is death.

Comment

I'd love to see some BC2 TGU stuff. Depending on how my schedule works out I might even volunteer to help out with the recon class (pros, cons, tactics, and gadgets).

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Would LOVE to enroll in some TGU BC2 classes!

Comment

TGU should teach "effective counter-measures against The Zhohar"

Comment

Originally posted by KnyghtMare View Post
                              TGU should teach "effective counter-measures against The Zhohar"
                              This course is taught in three segments:

1) Avoiding the Zhohar: Sometimes the best way to solve a problem is by simply avoiding it. We know he likes to C4 tanks, don't get in a tank while he is playing, etc.

2) Blue-walling the Zhohar: He can't shoot you if you're on the same team! (Not intentionally, anyway.)

3) Killing the Zhohar: The hardest method, but also the most satisfying. There are numerous methods of doing this, ranging from steel blades strategically inserted into the face to high velocity rounds from very far away, to under-rifle mounted grenade launchers. The trick is to do it when he is not looking.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X