Tickets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tickets

Can we change the amount of tickets in conquest mode?

If we can't will we be able too do that in the future?

I feel that the 100-150 tickets we have now is way too low.. Sometimes I barely get out of the UCB before the round ends:P
    Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Re: Tickets

no, we don't have that ability.

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

I agree that tickets are too low.
      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

+1...damn DICE needs to give out more server options to the Admins!!
        |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

We should be careful what we wish for here, I like that the rounds are relatively short.

Even with otherwise evenly matched and numbered teams, BC2 rounds seem very volatile and able to easily turn into a slaughter for one side or the other because of a simple tactical blunder, or an entire squad on one side deciding to camp in the tree line rather than capture/defend flags.

It's inevitable in these types of games I know, but sometimes you find yourself just wanting the round to hurry up and get over with. I don't want to see the days of rounds ending 150-0 as we have in previous titles, 50-0 is bad enough

Comment

Where is the fun in running around rubble? Move on to the next map and get Destruction 2.0 working!
            BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

PM nailed it on the head. If we had 250 tickets the maps would be heaps of rubble long before the end of the round....

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Personally, I'd love longer rounds... and MOAR RUBBLE!!!

Comment

I think part of the problem might be the difference in load times. They seem to vary drastically from person to person. I don't have an exceptionally fast computer, but for some reason I always seem to be one of the first to load on a map. I've noticed it can be a good minute or two before everyone else has loaded up. A lot can happen in that first minute or two, especially if significantly more people are loading faster on one side versus the other. This game could definitely use a pre-round warmup to let everyone load in before the actual round starts.

Comment

Originally posted by wor101 View Post
                    I think part of the problem might be the difference in load times. They seem to vary drastically from person to person. I don't have an exceptionally fast computer, but for some reason I always seem to be one of the first to load on a map. I've noticed it can be a good minute or two before everyone else has loaded up. A lot can happen in that first minute or two, especially if significantly more people are loading faster on one side versus the other. This game could definitely use a pre-round warmup to let everyone load in before the actual round starts.
                    This is very true. When I load into the game I am alone in the ucb for a good 15-30 sec before someone else pops in. So people with faster computers have an edge here when it comes to that initial capture.

But I do like the shorter rounds. It only takes a very small mistake for the round to turn into a steamroll. This way you don't have to sit in the slaughterhouse for an extra 20 min
                    sigpic

Comment

...I'd like for lots and lots of tickets (at least, for conquest).

But with bleed based on flag statuses; if Team 1 holds 2/3, or 3/4 flags, Team 2's tickets should bleed at a slow but steady rate.
                      If Team 1 holds 3/3 or 4/4 flags, Team 2's tickets should bleed enormously.

Comment

I think as it stands now, tickets for conquest is way too short. Sure buildings get destroyed way too fast but that's another issue for DICE. Honestly with so few tickets, the outcome of the game is quickly decided in the first half, there simply isn't very much room to pull off a comeback unless it was a pretty close game already. This isn't the TG battlefield games we're used to.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoyi View Post
                          This is very true. When I load into the game I am alone in the ucb for a good 15-30 sec before someone else pops in. So people with faster computers have an edge here when it comes to that initial capture.

But I do like the shorter rounds. It only takes a very small mistake for the round to turn into a steamroll. This way you don't have to sit in the slaughterhouse for an extra 20 min
                          True, I have an NVIDIA GTX 260 and an older processor, (Core2Duo) and hell, DDR-2 800mhz ram, and I load most maps in about 15 seconds from first game startup and server selection. I've seen people with 58xx series ATI cards load in at 2 minutes. This is with everything set to max except AA, and at 1600x1200. It doesn't seem to be system stats dependent, it seems to be some drastic non-optimization for ATI cards.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                          <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                          DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

It takes time for all my ATI eye candy to load !!! :)

Comment

I'm pretty sure I have played on servers that had countdown timers at the beginning of each round. Is that a admin server option?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X