This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No trust?

I have been a supporing member for some time now. I joined up to play 2142, I liked the whole tactical approach and the maturity of the players. When Bad Company 2 came out I looked forward to be able to be there from the start.
    As we all know the launch of Bad Company has not been problem free, the VOIP is glitching, there are no reserved slots, connection problems, and of course no admin tools. There has been confusion regarding rules and related stuff.
    I feel that many of these problems will be corrected by DICE, and admins will get their tools in time.

But I feel that there is a problem with attitude among the players. Maybe this is due to frustration over the game and the fact that the rules are a bit unclear and hard to enforce by admins.

There are allegations thrown around from left to right, maybe you don't react until it happens to you but I feel like I have to say something about it.

A couple of days ago I joined the conquest server, I was on the US team and joined that teamspeak channel. I spawned in the US spawn and sa that there was another player there marked with red, I thought to myself "what is a TG member doing running around in the UCB?" so I took him down and hopped in a tank and drove off.

Immediatly I hear someone in the teamspeak channel yelling that someone was hacking/exploiting and he said my nickname. It turns out that I was experiencing the bug when you spawn in the enemy UCB, and I was really on the RU team.

I explained that I had no idea that this was the case and quickly rejoined the server and got rid of the bug. But I still got reprimanded by that guy on theamspeak, He said that I should know the rules and that I had better stop breaking the rules or else.

The second time was yesterday, I was in a firefight with a guy, took him out and another one ran around a house to get me, I was so relieved that I got the first guy and I thought the coast was clear, then that other guy pops up out of nowhere and shoots me, I was so surprised and jolted so I froze up and jumped (bunnyhopped). I jumped in panic, it was not a strategic choice. I was out of bullets, nothing I could do. He took me out mid jump.

I understood that it was not good of me to jump like that, but he got me so I thought no biggie as long as I do not do it again.
    But in a second and admin joined my teamspeak channel and outed me as a bunnyhopper, I apologized and said that I understood that it was against the rules and that I panicked. Then he left.
    I felt a bit embarrased by the whole thing and I did not feel that anyone in the teamspeak channel believed my side of the story. So I exited the server.

Now this might sound like a non problem for you, but for me it ruined my game night. TG should trust each other and give them the benfit of the doubt in these situations. If me paying money to this community every month does not show my respect and dedication to the TG way of playing, what is it going to take?

Every TG member knows and hopefully have the ambition to uphold the rules of the community.

Now I have no desire to be on teamspeak anytime soon, I have enough problems expressing myself in english (not my first language) I'll wait for the VOIP to start working.

To sum it up: be nice.

There! now I have gotten that out of my system :)
    See you guys on the servers!

And btw, Thanks for an awesome rush mode round [TG]Smacks!. You really motivated the whole team to keep pushing. Really inspirational and won the round for us.
    "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Re: No trust?

Hey Lien

I was in that game where the bunny hopping thing happened. I thought it was harsh as having played with you a few times I have killed you and you have killed me and I have never seen you bunny hop. I know if you did jump you broke the rules but we are a community so maybe the benefit of the doubt or a warning over private message on the forums.......

Bunny hopping is a bit hit and miss as sometimes you can be jumping over something as allowed and shooting so it depends on who is around when your in the air........

See you on the server!

:)

- having fun on the battlefield, the "TG way"

Comment

Thanks for the response Major!

Comment

Don't worry dude. Those who know you and you game with a lot know what sort of player you are, and neither of those 2 incidents are gonna change that. Your just unlucky to have had that unfotunate spawn. I'd be the same. I'm not really noticing the difference between the RU and US armor, so wouldn't notice if I was getting in the wrong 1. :)

Everyone has made a hiccup and bunnyhopped. It isn't fun to be pulled up on it, but at the same time, we do encourage our users to report repeat offenders.

Now get on TS! We already have a lack of people in there, and don't need to lose more.
        BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Keep in mind that all players, admins included, are human and will react, sometimes too quickly, on what they perceived. I too have been accused of bunny hopping a couple of times on the 2142 server. The best approach is to not let it get to you. When the smoke clears from the battlefield, take it up with the individual privately and share perspectives. What I have always loved about this community is members are opened to discuss what occurred and even the possibility that they were wrong. Now that is how trust is built :)
          Imaging a real super kewl 21st signature here

Situational Awareness Deficiency Syndrome
          It is a serious disease.
          Please Q-Spot! generously

Yah, I got me medals somewhere around here

Comment

Just write "sorry about the BunnyHop" ingame in chat. :) when u Bunnyhop by mistake

Comment

I'm not sure why you felt so odd after I came into your TS channel to report you. You said it was an honest mistake and so it was end of story. It happens but TG players are held to a higher standard with these kind of things so you will get reported or at least have someone talk to you about what you did. Its an honest mistake but its still our duty as TG to pay attention to avoid these situations.

Also I'm not an admin.
              Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Originally posted by Reaperassault View Post
                I'm not sure why you felt so odd after I came into your TS channel to report you. You said it was an honest mistake and so it was end of story. It happens but TG players are held to a higher standard with these kind of things so you will get reported or at least have someone talk to you about what you did. Its an honest mistake but its still our duty as TG to pay attention to avoid these situations.

Also I'm not an admin.
                So instead of taking onboard that you upset someone and perhaps I dont know, say youre sorry, you instead try to make the OP feel like its all his fault even after hes posted his feeling about incident?
                sigpic

Comment

I'd say that from what we've seen so far, everyone involved has acted appropriately- the OP made a boo-boo and owned up to it at the time, and somebody else went to the trouble to properly report it (and we do want that kind of self-monitoring going on!) and everything should be honky-dory now. ;) (BTW, if I ever make a bad jump, my standard response is to stop shooting, and stand there until someone whacks me- I figure I have it coming for being clumsy.)

And kindness counts, too.

Lien, don't worry about the English on TS. Get in there and give your buddies a hard time.
                  OPS, the bacon is on you.

Comment

Since when do we resort straight to a formal report of a player for a first-time offense? Type a quick message in-game that says "don't do that". Don't waste an admin's time with a superfluous tattle-tale.

Comment

I'm not sorry that he felt guilty for jumping, even when it was an accident. Like I said, if its an honest mistake then its no big deal and life moves on.

He did something against server rules. I went to report him to an admin. Both he and the admins were in the same channel and I explained the situation. He said he was sorry and it was an accident, I said I understood and continued to have fun playing my game.

TG being held to a higher standard has always been the case, you have the tags the spot light is on you. You should know and understand the rules when you put the tags on.

Comment

In my opinion, contacting an admin over a one-time, first-time offense for a player you probably haven't played with is stupid, tags or no.

Comment

Well I'm glad thats your opinion :)

Comment

<admin hat on>

Lein, I appreciate you owning up to what happened and taking the time to explain it. It is very mature of you to do so, and that maturity reflects well upon TG.

What happened (regarding the bunny hopping), after everything is out in the open, is understandable and obviously an accident. However... I'm sure you can also understand that reactions are based on knowledge at hand. Someone saw what looked like a bunny hop, and not knowing your situation at all, reported for what it seemed to be. On the spot investigation revealed that it was not the case and the game as well as life in general moved on. Your name and reputation is not tarnished in any way. I hope you do not feel it is.

Now to all in general, that being said I will not ever reprimand a TG member for following the proper procedures for reporting what appears to be a rule violation. Nor will I tolerate any disrespect to individuals who choose to take that path (reporting via proper procedures). The TG member is merely reporting, and it will be the job of the admin to validate and act accordingly.

This is especially important in 2142 and BC2 where our ranked servers are publicly visible to a very large audience. We see a number of individuals join who have no understanding of our rules and often just as little regard for them if they did. Such an individual can seriously disrupt a game for many TG players if not dealt with quickly and we appreciate timely reports in order to handle them. Note, in this case I am NOT necessarily referring to bunny hopping.

As various sub-communities merge into BC2 from PR, PoE, 2142, BF2, CoD, ArmA and other games long supported in TG, there will be a period of "getting to know you." PR players will not know the 2142 players, who won't know the ArmA players, etc. There may be some misunderstandings, and a few "I've been with TG for years, how could they think I would <fill in the blank>". With some time, we'll all get to know the regulars in BC2.

And, as always, the keys to a good time on any TG server are respect and maturity.

<admin hat off>

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

hello again!

thanks for all your input. after reading them I feel better about the whole thing. Mainly it is because I got some feedback from players who were on at the time, and also people who were not. It was nice to just vent, and even nicer that all of you commented.
                              After I explained myself on teamspeak and it was over I got a response that I felt had disbelief in it, the tone etc.
                              But that is just how I experienced it, if that was not the case I have nothing to complain about :)

I agree that you have the spot light on you if you have the TG tag and I understand the rules completely, however if I see someone wearing TG tags doing something that is against the rules I say to myself "that was probably not intended, he is wearing TG tags after all." Perhaps a private message would do.

I am not saying, do not report TG members, I am trying to say, have some faith in your fellow TG members. Of course we should report people who are repeat offenders.

Thank you all for putting things in perspective and thank you reaperassault for commenting from your point of view.

On the whole I really like the TG servers and the people on them :)

Se you all on the battlefield!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...