[Req] Delayed Start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Req] Delayed Start

I bet this is in the works as part of the SM scripting, but just wanted to plug the value of a delayed start to the rounds. This isn't just because I have a slow computer and spawn into a round with all the flags already capped, but I also think delayed starts provide for a bit more organization and planning for those teams that take advantage of assigning squads to objectives. Getting started on the right tactical foot would create a better environment if we knew before the map started to tell our squad that we are going to C and squad B is going to A so on and so forth.

Re: [Req] Delayed Start

Good feedback shiner. There is no pre-round timer built-in, but we ARE looking into how we might script this sort of thing.

Comment

One other thing to consider is the fact that ATI users do not load the game up as quickly as Nvidia users....

I'm not sure why...but tis true..My 5770 definitely takes a bit longer than my old 7950gt...but it is definitely worth it....Dx11 is AWESOME!!

Chappie

Comment

DX9 loads faster than DX11. Also, low [small] textures load faster than high [large] textures.

Comment

I'm using ATI with Dx9 and I load faster then most people. If you can sacrifice some of the eye candy I would recommend too switch to Dx9 for a faster load until we know if we can get pre-round clock.
          Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Yeah we sure do need at least a 2 minute break between rounds for toilet breaks, pouring beverages, sticking food in the oven and brushing our hair!

And for some friendly banter and organization.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMojay View Post
              Yeah we sure do need at least a 2 minute break between rounds for toilet breaks, pouring beverages, sticking food in the oven and brushing our hair!And for some friendly banter and organization.
              Not too much longer till that won't be a problem......baldy!

Comment

most other servers i play on have a delayed start. I thought that was a decision made by our admin team. Not sure of a solution atm but again on other servers there are delayed starts.

Comment

Is that a question or a statement?

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Originally posted by LordMeatwad View Post
                    most other servers i play on have a delayed start. I thought that was a decision made by our admin team. Not sure of a solution atm but again on other servers there are delayed starts.
                    It's not in any of the [multiple] admin tools, nor is it in the documentation for the RCON protocol. What does it look like when you're seeing this delay on other servers? And do you have any servers in your history/favorites we can check out? If so, we'll contact them and see what's going on!

Comment

I believe squad deathmatch has a built in delayed start - considering they just got a server for that mode I imagine that is the sync issue.
                      |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I was wondering why the heck i went from a fast load in time pre 5770 card!

I had a 8600 gt card and was like...man with an upgrade i will be good. Thanks for clearing that up gang!

-Badger

Comment

it was a statement i guess, and although i wasnt using our server from memory I think the other servers i mentioned may have been SD as well. but it just a 25 sec timer before the round. I also checked guardian and saw no way to set.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X