Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A simple and effective rule against hacker drama.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A simple and effective rule against hacker drama.

Okay, first of. This is not a rant, but a suggestion for everyone at TG, which should be regarded as proper discipline. I must say that I did that transgression as well and I was thinking about this.

Please do correct me and let's discuss this properly.

I was thinking of adding a rule to the server message and that the rule should be followed by the players of the server. I have not seen that in any game yet and I think it would be a great idea, though it would take large ammounts of self control and discipline, this mostly points at us tactical gamers and it is good for the community.

If you ever encounter or think that someone is a hacker, do not loudly exclaim that in the chat, or accuse him. You should firstly check with a admin and let others decide as well.

I have noticed a server wide drama and hysteria following after someone started exclaiming or accusing someone of being a hacker or cheater. By all we now, he was even playing fair and was accused wrongly. I have been grabbed by the histeria as well and a TS wide hysteria developed as well. Later people were a lot more paranoid against eachother.

The chances of being accused as a cheater or hacker get higher, the deeper a server plunges into this kind of hysteria.

So I firstly ask:
    Is it effectively possible by experience or tools in BC2 to tell who a cheater is?
    Is it possible to yet kick or bann the respective person if such a check is true?

And now I give a simple yet effective rule, and ask you if this would be appropriate to put on the TG servers:

The rule to not accuse people of cheating.

It is to deter hysteria and server wide drama. I left Modern warfare 2 because of hysteria and these accusations. It is quite effective. We all know that drama on the internet is to be avoided.
    Foxwolves or folves for short are very versatile. Sniper, engineer, soldier, strategist, medic, commando.
    All in one package.
    The most obvious though is death.

Re: A simple and effective rule against hacker drama.

Squad chat: !r jerkface1 blahblah
    Or check TS for an admin.

It gives them less of a chance to react if it's true; it doesn't make them angry for you accusing them if it's false.
    Win-Win.

Comment

Good thought but I don't think you'll see the same level of hysterics here since we usually have one or more admins readily available in TS.

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

Originally posted by Lorax74 View Post
        Good thought but I don't think you'll see the same level of hysterics here since we usually have one or more admins readily available in TS.
        Okay that's good. Though we have pubbies raging on our server. If we do want pubbies to play with us, we could make that rule clear to them.
        Foxwolves or folves for short are very versatile. Sniper, engineer, soldier, strategist, medic, commando.
        All in one package.
        The most obvious though is death.

Comment

I don't know what you all see but out of my 120+ games, I have never seen a hacker on the TG servers. I guess I must be on at the wrong times.

Former TG-21st
          Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

The point is that people will oft accuse someone who is just better than them of hacking; not that we have hackers on TG.

See section 2.4 of the N00B Manual: "If opposing player kills you 3 times, be sure to say "aimbot" and aim your statement directly against said player in your next 3 chat messages."

Comment

There is no greater compliment in gaming than being accused of hacking/cheating when you're not. It has only happened to me once and not on a TG server, but instead of offending me it gave me a great sense of accomplishment.

Comment

Tonight their legitimately was a hacker (guy spawned into our base and started firing on us). It did take a bit of discussion on Teamspeak to figure out exactly what had happened and inform admins. I think asking on Teamspeak is alright. Surely nobody in TG seeks to attack others with blind accusations but their are hacks out there.

Comment

I think there is a bug that occurs when switching teams that has caused folks, on their next spawn in, to spawn in the enemy (your former teams) base. Players are spawning, assuming they are in their uncap, they see "bad guys" and immediately start shooting. My guess is the "hacker" that spawned in your base was bugged into doing so and was as surprised as you were.
                  |TG-6th|FYAH29
                  "So Far, So Good................So What"

Comment

Originally posted by FYAH29 View Post
                    I think there is a bug that occurs when switching teams that has caused folks, on their next spawn in, to spawn in the enemy (your former teams) base. Players are spawning, assuming they are in their uncap, they see "bad guys" and immediately start shooting. My guess is the "hacker" that spawned in your base was bugged into doing so and was as surprised as you were.
                    This is most likely the case.

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

Thats a known bug (apparently since beta) but I feel abusing it to get free kills/steal assets/baserape is exploiting.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                      <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                      DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                        There is no greater compliment in gaming than being accused of hacking/cheating when you're not. It has only happened to me once and not on a TG server, but instead of offending me it gave me a great sense of accomplishment.
                        Amen sister!
                        |TG-Irr| Laci's Ghost

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...