Impressions of BC2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressions of BC2

First let me say this is just my opinion regarding BC2. BC2 has some really nice features: graphics, destructible terrain, nice sound effects, nice assortment of arms and gadgets, BUT that is where it ends. The game play is far far far from realistic, i.e. 1). the person running around with a C. Gustav shooting on the move and able to kill you in close quarters faster then the basic assault rifle. Note: C. Gustav should not be weildable like an assault rifle lol. Oh did we forget the back blast area or the minimum arming range for the ammunition so it doesn't kill the user, or the time to set up and fire lol. 2). Auto healing, except for the hardcore server, makes medics less useful. 3). The communications via voip are less then spectacular unless you use TS to coordinate all the squads. 4). Soliders don't appear to fatigue when running and jumping at all. 5). You can not vairably adjust the scopes, i.e. 4x is litterally 4x and nothing else. I guess I was just expecting much more realistic play from this game but alas, no.
    In many ways BF2142 is superior to BC2 in the area of playablility, communications and teamwork are far better, setting objectives and rally points is better, there is a set up time to fire portable AT and AA weapons, soldiers fatigue and don't auto heal, and you can adjust your scopes as needed, just to name a few things. Though I guess you could say the C. Gustav is like RDX in BF2142 with the FF turned off. BC2 is not a bad game but it could have been ALOT better in my opinion. Feel free to comment :)

Rodeo_01

Re: Impressions of BC2

This isn't a replacement for BF2/2142, that's what BF3 will be for. This is more or less a competing game against Modern Warfare 2 in a nutshell. It's a mix between COD and Battlefield together, I think.

Comment

Always keep in mind that the game was made for console and so there is less fonction cause there is less space on a game pad then on a key board.

Comment

You're complaining a lot about the Gustav. I pretty much played Engineer exclusively in BF2142, the mechanics are near identical, what with the "set up times" and such... except now I can blow people up. That ability alone adds a ton of functionality to BC2's Engineer versus the BF2142 incarnation where all I basically had was my little SMG. In infantry-heavy maps, I... was less than optimal, considering my missile ammunition had nearly zero splash damage... and forget trying to hit a infantryman with the Pilum. I'm glad they gave Engineers something to do other than wait around for a vehicle to pass by.

The complaints about "realism" I'll pass on, since most of your complaints aren't making sense to me. The game has a basis in reality, but it's not "realistic" by any means. Are you asserting that BF2142 was more... er, realistic?

EDIT: Just wanted to clarify that I'm not being hostile to you or anything.

Comment

realistic
          zooming scopes
          What?

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
            This isn't a replacement for BF2/2142, that's what BF3 will be for. This is more or less a competing game against Modern Warfare 2 in a nutshell. It's a mix between COD and Battlefield together, I think.
            As UnDeaD said. This is not really part of the actual Battlefield Series, it is more like a stand alone game like the first Bad Company was. And this specific one is geared more toward competing with Modern Warfare 2 as mentioned. So they had to sacrifice some of the more tactical driven game play for faster paced action. And they were trying to gear the game toward console users as well. But it seems PC gamers won out in the end for this one.
            sigpic

Comment

They make keyboards for consoles :P

Comment

Originally posted by Rodeo_01 View Post
                They make keyboards for consoles :P
                About maybe 10% of people have this, the rest either have the mini thumb keyboard thingie or talk.
                sigpic

Comment

No offense taken :), I just thought it would be a bit more realistic is all...and yes engineers are less useful on bf2142 maps that don't have vehicles or many vehicles. My point is if the C. Gustav can be used in CQ situations why bother with other weapons since a C. Gustav will kill you most the time over an assault rifle at CQ...might as well just all use C Gustavs. It's like RDX hopping on servers that allow it...RDX has rather large AOE and if you macro it there is very little chance for it to be countered. Their is a basic lack of weapons for a specific purpose is all I'm trying to say. An thanks for commenting :)

Comment

On the Gustav. I have been unlocking engineer. It doesn't have much splash damage. To get a kill most of the times you need to do 2 things, hit someone right in the face (or body face just sounds better :)) Or hit a wall that someone is hiding behind and the wall splash plus some of the rocket splash will kill them. Doing this exposes you tremendously especially to those pesky 40mm. Also the reload time is pretty long (as it should be) and most of the time you have 1 shot, you miss and they see you then you are pretty much screwed.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you about being able to run around with it but your speed does go down a lot when you are sprinting with it (out of zoom). And when you are zoomed in your speed slows even more. But if you made it so you could only stand and shoot you would have people here complaining about snipers killing engineers all the time.
                    sigpic

Comment

If you stick with your squad and play for the team and be Vocal on TS or VOIP when it gets fixed, then it can be an amazing experience! :)

Comment

The 40mm is a lot more noobish then the CG. ACOG scopes cannot be zoomed IRL. That is not their function. Chalk no sniper scope zoom up to DICEs need to make unlocks, so the high zoom scope becomes an unlock.

Comment

The most annoying thing in the game is the 40mm, and people rushing with it using it as a instakill. All the others things don't bother me. With teamspeak we can get some teamwork rolling and when we have a nice handful of people on both teams it can be pretty epic. It's not realistic but if you ask me it's right behind the real simulation games.

I'm just happy that people can't kill me with C4 like they used to do in 2142 with the RDX :) (take that you kamikazes!)
                          ˝Memento audere semper˝

Comment

I really like the game, and when there are lot of TGers on the server, the game get's a lot more interesting and challenging.
                            Foxwolves or folves for short are very versatile. Sniper, engineer, soldier, strategist, medic, commando.
                            All in one package.
                            The most obvious though is death.

Comment

It really does feel like BF2 meets MW2. Count me in the "mildly regret purchasing it but I'll play the game anways" column. I was expecting the next great BF title and all I got was something that feels like MW2. The game play is there, no problems with that at all and the environment is super. My biggest issue is with the complete lack of squad based "tools" to facilitate, coordinate and direct squad based play (the map, comunications rose, etc...).
                              LawnDart

The second mouse gets the cheese

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...