Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new.

Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum, but I'm no stranger to Tactical Gamer servers. I used to play a lot of 2142 before it got overrun by screaming 12 year olds and zerg rushers. I played on many servers, but TG servers were my absolute favorite. I just appreciated how much more immersive gameplay was when players took their games seriously.

Anywho, I've been away from PC gaming for a while. Now with Bad Company 2, I hope to make a return. I'll be rusty, but it's like riding a bicycle right?

A little history of my gaming:

Some of you on TG may have seen me on Tactical Gamer servers. I used to lead a squad called Squad Ecchi, and I left it locked to other people except my regular gaming buddy, Fugensnot. My specialization was sniper class (or Recon in 2142). I preferred slow and quiet movement, and then taking the one shot that matters. My buddy was usually medic, both for healing me and leading the way when things got hairy.

We worked well together, I thought. For a two man squad, we got quite a bit of points. We were also looking for recruits to Squad Ecchi..., but unfortunately, not many people are content with simply crawling around far away from the action, and taking the shot only when it matters. We had one recruit who was Support class actually jump out in the middle of a wide open area, and just started shooting like he was Rambo.

I simply closed down the whole recruitment process altogether. It just frustrated me. I thought writing a tactical manual would help, since I did a lot of reading on real world tactics used by SWAT teams and the like. Writing that manual was one of the hardest things I did for gaming. It was difficult to make tactics that encompassed a large enough scope of battle, but not so general it was common knowledge.

Anywho, when I was writing the manual, 2142 was already in its dying throes. Squad Ecchi eventually just waned out, and I've been looking for a PC game with similar experience since. Consoles just don't do it for me, and the widespread panic found in games like Modern Warfare 2 and Counter-Strike wasn't what I wanted...

I'm hoping to get into BC2, hoping to relive the glory days. I've contacted my squadmate on Facebook, he hasn't responded yet. Perhaps Squad Ecchi will rise again. Some day. Some how.

In the mean time, I hope to get to know other TGers. Perhaps learn a few tricks.

Is there like a n00b TG squad I can join? Would like to have a couple of regular people to play with, so I can get a feel on how they operate and work.

P.S. >> I think the best tactic Squad Ecchi has EVER come up with was the Jihad Jeep. It was against the rules on TG, and was used a couple times until we got a warning from the admins. Sure, it's frowned upon, but me and my buddy thought it was funny as hell, since my buddy's a Muslim, and he would yell on Skype "ALLLLLLLAAAAAAHHHHH" has we drove the jeep to our target.

Re: I'm new.

First things first: Welcome!

In regards to joining a TG Squad: Check out the Irregulars.

Also, as a side note: Project Reality for BF2 is in full swing; A lot of the game area is open, gameplay is a little slower, and the sniper is expected to be keeping quiet for most of the time, only taking opportunity shots and informing his team of contacts he spots. There is a little bit of a learning curve for PR, but it's not extremely hard and it caters to realistic use of everything (sacrificing it only for gameplay); including snipers.
    How to get started with Project Reality (for free!)
    (You do need BF2 to play, but if you don't already have it you can get it for dirt cheap in game stores and online.)

Comment

Well welcome back to TG! I'm a 2142 player myself so I know exactly where you are coming from.

As for a TG squad, I would reccomend the Irregulars. There is no SM (supporting membership) requirement to join and they are a great group. I wouldn't call them noobs; plenty are seasoned players but the Irregluars the the best place to start for regular play.

Make sure you join up on the TG TS3 server in the BC2 channels; with VoIP down that's were all the teamwork happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial1 View Post
        Also, as a side note: Project Reality for BF2 is in full swing; A lot of the game area is open, gameplay is a little slower, and the sniper is expected to be keeping quiet for most of the time, only taking opportunity shots and informing his team of contacts he spots. There is a little bit of a learning curve for PR, but it's not extremely hard and it caters to realistic use of everything (sacrificing it only for gameplay); including snipers.
        How to get started with Project Reality (for free!)
        (You do need BF2 to play, but if you don't already have it you can get it for dirt cheap in game stores and online.)
        Did some reading on it, and it seems to be a really cool way to keep the BF2 magic going! I wasn't big into BF2 however, but this Project Reality business sounds good!

Will definitely install it!

Comment

Hello there and welcome to TG. I would actually like to read that tactical manual you wrote if you could give me a link to it perhaps.
          BC2 is quite a fast paced game, but snipers can enjoy their time as well, sneaking on the corners (There is definately enough folliage to go around).
          Foxwolves or folves for short are very versatile. Sniper, engineer, soldier, strategist, medic, commando.
          All in one package.
          The most obvious though is death.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxWolf =*45*= View Post
            Hello there and welcome to TG. I would actually like to read that tactical manual you wrote if you could give me a link to it perhaps.
            BC2 is quite a fast paced game, but snipers can enjoy their time as well, sneaking on the corners (There is definately enough folliage to go around).
            Uh, this was 4 years ago, before I came to college. So I don't have it anymore. It covered basic maneuvers like leap-frogging with cover fire, peeling, and identifying cover that may be passive (a wall) or active (a bush that provides a hiding spot).

P.S. >> I'm on Project Reality now. Man am I rusty. 0 kills throughout the entire night, and I got last place consistently.

My only moment of glory was using a truck to draw out the fire of a sniper, which my squadmate promptly disposed of.

Comment

Don't worry buddy; everyone's a grunt when they start up PR, and TG squads can help you get better at the game.

You'll soon end up getting the hang of things and really become effective; as a sniper, don't expect to be high on the scoreboards (the scoreboards are broken in some ways, and you don't get points for spotting things).
              In fact, most of the scoreboard is just a relic from BF2 that hasn't been trashed or remade entirely yet; not only is it low on their list (The Canadian Army more important than the scoreboard, right?) I don't believe the DEVs know exactly where they stand on it... They don't like it for the metagaming aspects (Look at my K:D!) but they know certain parts of the interface are useful (you can find your buddy, look for a griefer, etc).

Regardless of your position on the scoreboard your team will certainly appreciate (whether they like it or not) your help if you are effective on the spotting side of things.

Good luck.

Comment

Welcome back!

Squad 'Pervert' eh? I'm not surprised you didn't get many applicants ;)

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Originally posted by LordKelvin View Post
                  Welcome back!

Squad 'Pervert' eh? I'm not surprised you didn't get many applicants ;)
                  Yes, Squad Pervert indeed! I was studying the works of Sigmund Freud back then, and strongly believed that everyone was a pervert.

Comment

Originally posted by DaAznKnight View Post
                    Hey guys,
                    I just appreciated how much more immersive gameplay was when players took their games seriously
                    That line makes me want to uninstall BC2
                    2412: TG Displacio or TG Wazzaup

Comment

Originally posted by Wazzaup View Post
                      That line makes me want to uninstall BC2
                      TG likes the "Serious" level, as in that we try our best and play like we should. That's not to say we don't have fun doing so, but we're not bunny-hopping and what have you, and we're not serious to the point of using strict comms or anything overbearing like that.

He's on the same page we are.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X