Issues with Spotting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with Spotting

I may be completely missing something, but I was having a lot of issues with my spots showing up tonight. I was only getting it to register about 1 out of 3 times I was trying. Can you not spot when the sniper scope is zoomed or something silly like that? Just wondering if anyone was having the same issue. I have an Ideazon MERC keyboard so the Q is easy to get to, but it is just not working most times.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Issues with Spotting

Trees, bushes and really any sort of cover can mess with your spots. It may be something like 80% of your target must be clearly visible or something like that

Comment

I don't know if there's a timer or something but I'm constantly having issues with spotting. There are times when I press the button multiple time and ... nothing. Other times I can spot across the map.

It's the same thing with squad orders. Sometimes I'll do it on accident and other times I can't do it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by austforbeer View Post
        It's the same thing with squad orders. Sometimes I'll do it on accident and other times I can't do it at all.
        Same here. I know there is a Q spam limiter after a few spots, but even after I haven't Qed in a bit, I am sometimes not able to Q an objective. The neon light starts dancing when my crosshair is over it but hitting Q sometimes does nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by austforbeer View Post
          Squad orders are bugged, that isn't something inside the same issue of Q-spotting.

Q-spots: Everytime you fail to spot you will go to 3second cooldown, this may give you the impressions of: "I missed the first one but none of the following spots are working either". If you try to spot during the 3second cooldown it will reset, and it will be another 3 seconds you have to wait.

Comment

Mixa just add that to your sig.. :)
            BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Originally posted by Mixa View Post
              Squad orders are bugged, that isn't something inside the same issue of Q-spotting.

Q-spots: Everytime you fail to spot you will go to 3second cooldown, this may give you the impressions of: "I missed the first one but none of the following spots are working either". If you try to spot during the 3second cooldown it will reset, and it will be another 3 seconds you have to wait.
              how do you know its 3 secs ?
              I am looking to make a video guide about spotting and I need to be sure of the info

Comment

Originally posted by Exploding_Silver View Post
                how do you know its 3 secs ?
                I am looking to make a video guide about spotting and I need to be sure of the info
                Its between 2-3 for sure, but I don't know the precise time, I guess there is some way to see this from config files, but I can't really test this.

Comment

Yeah I think it's around 3 as well. You can just go in and try it, I noticed it because it's a pain when you see a guy running behind a wall to knife your teammates and you can't spot them. Although sometimes I swear that I'm pressing Q and holding it on a guy that's just running in the street (I usually spot before I fire) and he just wouldn't get spotted.
                  ˝Memento audere semper˝

Comment

Also you have to be in certain range. This is especially noticeable with sniper rifles. You won't be able to q spot to infinite range like you could in the Beta.

Comment

On the large desert map that I can never remember the name of, I can spot out people in the buildings of A from C and vice versa. I think that's plenty of distance.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

I do not know if this is true, but in vehicles it seems I can spot farther then I could otherwise.

Former TG-21st
                        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by Mixa View Post
                          Q-spots: Everytime you fail to spot you will go to 3second cooldown
                          Im not sure about this, I think you need to fail your spot a couple of times before the cooldown timer starts. I have failed to spot and the been able to spot a split second after.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LordKelvin View Post
                            On the large desert map that I can never remember the name of, I can spot out people in the buildings of A from C and vice versa. I think that's plenty of distance.
                            Were you zoomed in with your sniper rifle? It all depends on your scope. Your range can be increased with your scope. But if you were expecting to q spot enemies attacking from that rock on the Beta map as defenders, you won't be able to unscoped. Scopes do influence q spotting though.

Comment

I've done it unscoped with a recon ball in my hand.

The instrument in your hand is irrelevant. As long as your crosshair rests directly on whatever it is you are spotting and there is nothing in the way, they will be spotted.

The only time this doesn't work is when I actually see people THROUGH textures at far distances, because my settings are set to the lowest possible. Then it appears to me that they are exposed when in fact there is a low wall or something else obscuring them.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X