Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q. about the rule on 40mm close shots...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q. about the rule on 40mm close shots...

Just wondering what TG's rule is on using the 40mm grenade launcher danger close, like 3 feet away...is that enforced on the server (as much as allowed) or OK?

Thx.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Q. about the rule on 40mm close shots...

I would assume it would be a legal tactic, because you can't expect somebody who has their Carl Gustav or GL out and expect them to switch back to their main weapon when some guy with a shotgun flies around the corner like a mad man.

Of course that doesn't mean I can't rage(to myself) about people who pack Extra explosives + Improved explosives and never touch their rifle/SMG

Comment

It's effective at close range, since it will kill the player, without detonating. So its not a suicidal tactic.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
        It's effective at close range, since it will kill the player, without detonating. So its not a suicidal tactic.
        What about Gustav, very popular tactic I've seen being used is shooting at area right in front of you (killing the target), you stay alive but you do some major self damage... Well most of the time.

The fact that people keep it out instead of their main weapon seems rather poor excuse for me.

Comment

Only time I ever do that with my Gustav is when I'm caught with my pants down, so to speak. No time to switch. Fire at the ground.

It can kill us. Just needs to blow up, like, right at our feet. I've done it. With the RPG, too... usually when I jump out of a vehicle to do some repairing and hit the 3 key instead of 4. :P Not sure where I picked that habit up, but launching an RPG into the side of a friendly tank at point-blank range isn't very fun.

Comment

I tend to use the 40mm danger close when I know I dont have tome to switch over anyways. If I can switch over, I do.
            |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

I use the 40mm direct at the player if they are danger close as a direct hit centre mass is a kill....

- having fun on the battlefield, the "TG way"

Comment

Originally posted by Zantheus View Post
                I tend to use the 40mm danger close when I know I dont have tome to switch over anyways. If I can switch over, I do.
                Originally posted by majorkingsown
                I use the 40mm direct at the player if they are danger close as a direct hit centre mass is a kill....
                So you guys use it when friendlies are close to your target? I'm confused. Or is there some other meaning to 'danger close'? It doesn't mean "danger is close by."

Comment

One of my fav kills was a nut shot to a bad guy that ran around the corner when I wasn't expecting it. A 40mm to the crotch and he crippled over and died.
                  But most times you just end up getting killed if you try to run around with your launcher out as the primary weapon.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Frustrating - yes. But it's part of the game and not really much we can do about it.

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
                      So you guys use it when friendlies are close to your target? I'm confused. Or is there some other meaning to 'danger close'? It doesn't mean "danger is close by."
                      If i come round a corner with my 40mm selected and run into a enemy within a few meters, I centre the 40mm on there centre mass. There is no explosion as they take the round to the body and die. I do not search out this situation just do what you can when faced with the split second option.

- having fun on the battlefield, the "TG way"

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
                        Danger close has been adapted by the MW genre from being "Artillery in close proximity to friendly forces" to "Anything possibly explosive close to the user"

Comment

oh

Comment

Originally posted by Mixa View Post
                            What about Gustav, very popular tactic I've seen being used is shooting at area right in front of you (killing the target), you stay alive but you do some major self damage... Well most of the time.

The fact that people keep it out instead of their main weapon seems rather poor excuse for me.
                            been seeing alot of TG using this as there primary weapon.....I understand if armor is around and your caught in a pinch....but as a primary is just using a large explosive weapon to get easy kills in my eyes....no different than a bunny hop noob tube from BF2 days
                            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

The grenades aren't a problem since at close range they don't detonate (and thus a suicide kill doesn't happen).
                              If you kill myself and yourself up close with a gustav it's just as bad as suicide C4ing and I will not hesitate to report you.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X