Ummm where's the team work at????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ummm where's the team work at????

Just my observations and opinions, but team work in bc2 seems near non-existent. Three possible causes I see for this: 1). People more interested in scoring than winning to get unlocks faster, 2). The wonderful TKers that hinder you an your team from their goals because they want to try your weapon out that they have yet to unlock, 3). The design of the game itself. Let's discuss point #1. One of the best team work instances I have had so far, was with TG Asch., when he started playing a few days ago. We worked as a unit, moved as a unit an kept each other situationally aware. I also have had one other time with a few TGers that was equally as fun, but that is about all the team work I have seen so far. I think due to the players wanting their unlocks, team work goes out the window and that is compounded by a very unstable voip system. After all who wants to try an type in this fast paced game? TS3 works fine if other TGers are on it but it too can get confusing when you have 8-12 TG in channel from different squads giving sit reps etc to their people. Point #2 is getting to be real annoying. Last night for instance, a TKer killed me with a pistol at point blank range just so he could take my GOL and try it out. Well, yes I did go right back to him, put my pistol to his head an terminated him, with much joy. From that point on I didn't have problem with him lol. But it is getting ridiculous in my opinion. Another thing I have seen is people using the choppers to fly into enemy bases (the ones with point A and B in them, not the uncap) in rush mode and the pilot bails out, and the passengers die. I guess the pilot bailed to get an early spawn point in the base to set the charges before the defenders knew what was happening...kinda like buggy rushes in bf2142. Not quite sure if that would be considered a realistic use of a vehicle but I would have to say no. Finally point #3, the game seems to be designed around a run and gun style play mode. This would also cause a reduction in team work as people run head long into fights because, the maps are not that big, there is no real penalty for dying i.e. losing unlocks, and the speed/time of the fights is rather short especially in rush mode. Their is also no delay time set on the servers between rounds like on bf2142 with the 2 minute setting to organize whose doing what, which kits are needed etc. Another design lapse, in my opinion, is what others have said, the lack of an easy ability to set commands/orders and have an overall commander as well as squad leaders. There is absolutely no point in setting an order to attack A if some other squad member decides B is more important and overrides your order lol. The last thing is that there does not appear to be way to kick people from your squad who don't want to follow your orders like in bf2142. Those are just some of what I have seen to date. Feel free to comment as always :)

Rodeo_01

Re: Ummm where's the team work at????

Originally posted by Rodeo_01 View Post
    ....... Well, yes I did go right back to him, put my pistol to his head an terminated him, with much joy. From that point on I didn't have problem with him lol.....
    I do hope you were not wearing TG tags when you TK'd intentionally or you will be looking at a holiday mate! We report tk's we do not perpetrate them whatever the reason.

Comment

I would like to kindly disagree. I have experienced great teamwork on the TG BC2 servers. Heck, it isn't top notch all the time (What server is? We are only human.) but it is still excellent.

Admin, correct me if I'm wrong but intentional TKing is STILL against servers rules and is a reportable offense. The admins have been active and can take care of this.

In BC2, leadership is by consensus. Personally, I miss having an SL, but it's something I can deal with. Without VoIP, is very difficult to coordinate SMs not in TS. Heck, it is nearly impossible to do so. So in that, I see the over-ridding of orders a universal issue; everyone has a plan.

As for the speed of the game, BC2 is fast. That is the way the game is. I don't have to like it, you don't, Santa doesn't, but that is the way that the game was made. Same with the round-start timer; it would be great to have but it isn't there.

BC2 is not a perfect game, no game is. Most of all, it isn't any other game. I'll admit, I came into BC2 thinking that it would be 2142 reborn. It isn't. And that's ok. I loved 2142, but I have partially moved on. Let's face it, 2142 had people that didn't follow orders and intentionally TKed. These aren't game specific issues, it is an issue linked to the number of headless chickens that run around in FPS games.

I'm not perfectly pleased, but I'm happy. As far as BC2 goes, we just need to deal with what we have as the game progresses. There is still time for improvement. :)

Comment

Now we just need you to go recon Beat, and everything will be all better!

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

I share some of the frustration of the OP, but keep in mind Voip is completely broken at the moment. Team wide TS is a hit and miss as usual. Either there is too much com chatter or too little... personally, I prefer the former. But, give it some time and do what you can in the meantime; things might work out.
          Put yourself out there and you'll be feeling the TG love quicker than you can say "can I come in sniper"! - Jazy

BF:BC2 : Memento-Mori-117
          BF2142 : Memento-Mori--
          BF2/PR/POE : MementoMori117

Comment

Originally posted by DrBeat View Post
            I would like to kindly disagree. I have experienced great teamwork on the TG BC2 servers. Heck, it isn't top notch all the time (What server is? We are only human.) but it is still excellent.
            I would have to agree. There are good and bad nights, just like any server, but ultimately it is up to us to make the difference.

Admin, correct me if I'm wrong but intentional TKing is STILL against servers rules and is a reportable offense. The admins have been active and can take care of this.
            if it isnt, it sure as hell ought to be. I know I have been TK'd a few times on here and even by some TGer. But I know it was accidental, and will generally get an apology for it. I know I have TK'ed once or twice since the start of BC2, but I almost always issue an apology for the offense.

In BC2, leadership is by consensus. Personally, I miss having an SL, but it's something I can deal with. Without VoIP, is very difficult to coordinate SMs not in TS. Heck, it is nearly impossible to do so. So in that, I see the over-ridding of orders a universal issue; everyone has a plan.
            I bolded the most important part of this post. We, TGers, must take charge in the absence of leadership. Just as any current or former Armed Forces Service Member knows, is the best kind of leadership. Dont wait to be told to do something or wait for someone else to take charge. Step up and do your best, if you are doing it wrong, hopefully someone will point you in the right direction. But atleast your doing more by taking charge than by being just another lone wolf.

As for the speed of the game, BC2 is fast. That is the way the game is. I don't have to like it, you don't, Santa doesn't, but that is the way that the game was made. Same with the round-start timer; it would be great to have but it isn't there.

BC2 is not a perfect game, no game is. Most of all, it isn't any other game. I'll admit, I came into BC2 thinking that it would be 2142 reborn. It isn't. And that's ok. I loved 2142, but I have partially moved on. Let's face it, 2142 had people that didn't follow orders and intentionally TKed. These aren't game specific issues, it is an issue linked to the number of headless chickens that run around in FPS games.

I'm not perfectly pleased, but I'm happy. As far as BC2 goes, we just need to deal with what we have as the game progresses. There is still time for improvement. :)
            I have replied to what I saw as the more important parts of Dr Beats post. She correct in all she said, I just wanted to re-emphasize certain parts.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Well the perfect scenario would be that every squad (if it's full with TG tags) should decide at least in the chat on who's going to lead this round, and the voted squad leader should be the only one giving sit reps and information to others, it helps to know your squad name as well because it's easier to recognize ˝Echo squad lets move to B˝ than, ˝Ok guys lets move to B˝, if you don't really know most of the guys on TS. At least that's how I see the perfect scenario for now.

I've had some great rounds with teamwork. 3 of us from our squad were talking, the 4th was just running around. We kept the unneccesary chat to a minimum when defending, and a few others from other squads also gave sit reps on things. We were defending pretty much 1 flag on conquest all the time and yes, we owned that round even though the opposing team gave us a hell of a fight. Overall it was just what everyone here wants, almost the perfect round.
              ˝Memento audere semper˝

Comment

Originally posted by Beinseth View Post
                There are good and bad nights, just like any server, but ultimately it is up to us to make the difference.
                I agree with this! Sometimes it only takes 1 person to show a good example and get comms working, and the next day someone will start a post saying how good the team work is. BE THAT PERSON!
                BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...