Hardcore vs standard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardcore vs standard

I just wanted to get some in put on the what people felt about the HARDCORE over STANDARD.
    I'am a surprised that we here at TG are not running all three servers on Hardcore to tell you the truth. I don't like playing standard because it takes so much to kill. Hardcore add a bit more to the realism factor and at the very least it is in my belief that we should at least have 2 hardcore servers. No one should have to empty half a clip into some one to kill them. And you should have to shoot them in the head every time to drop them quickly.
    I was lost, but now I found you in my sights.

Re: Hardcore vs standard

quite true and i must agree, i definitely enjoy hardcore more so then standard

what i don't understand is why the HC server keeps resetting to standard, is it due to crashes? and if so why?
    AnimalMother
    Ex TG-31st LR
    "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
    sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

I would normally agree with you in just about any other game. Yet, BC2 HC mode just seems off. Maybe its my computer or my skills are waning or maybe its just the game. I am not sure of why I dont care for HC mode. I know I die ALOT and still cant seem to hit/ kill anything, even with the reduced health. My accuracy for assualt rifles seems to be on par @ about 15-17% hits/fired. I just know that I dont enjoy HC in BC2. Just my opinion.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Litterally the only reason I don't play HC much is because there's no minimap. I realize all the info is available on the main map, and I have that mapped to an easy to use key. I just don't like having to pull up the map, put down the map, pull up the map, put down the map, pull up the map, put down the map. :D If that's what's suggested, why not just add the minimap and be done with it?

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
          Litterally the only reason I don't play HC much is because there's no minimap. I realize all the info is available on the main map, and I have that mapped to an easy to use key. I just don't like having to pull up the map, put down the map, pull up the map, put down the map, pull up the map, put down the map. :D If that's what's suggested, why not just add the minimap and be done with it?
          Coming from PR the lack of a minimap is a positive for me :P
          AnimalMother
          Ex TG-31st LR
          "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
          sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
            why not just add the minimap and be done with it?
            Because it's...HARDCORE!!! ;)
            sigpic

Comment

I don't mind either way, but there are a couple of bugs associated with Hardcore that I find really annoying - primarily the fact that it's almost impossible to use the fixed and mobile heavy MGs due to the fact that you can't aim through the sights.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalMother View Post
                Coming from PR the lack of a minimap is a positive for me :P
                Yeah, but some of our comrades from other BF games are not so tolerant and often stop spotting enemies just because the map isn't visible...

Comment

For Conquest, I prefer HC.

For Rush, it has to be standard, otherwise it's just asking to die heaps of times while accomplishing nothing. Rush absolutely NEEDS the extra health and reduced damage for the attackers to be able to make any headway.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

I've not played much HC-Rush so I don't know how it is myself, but I'm not a huge fan of rush overall... it's a good mode, but Conquest still hits home.
                    I personally wish we could run all HC servers (with an exception for Vanilla Rush); one "True Hardcore" with nothing enabled (maybe a minimap) and "Light Hardcore" types with just the higher damage enabled.

I know that doesn't sit well with everyone, but that'd be my ideal.

Comment

I stay off Hardcore servers...no minimap is definitely a big NO for me.
                      Together Everyone Achieves More!

Comment

Everyone will have their preference on server settings. Some like the HC settings some like stock and others like something in between. Enjoying one of the other doesn't make anyone more or less TG. On each server we can have successful teamwork, communication, and mature play.

As things play out we may find a need for more of a certain type of server and less of another. We may also try out settings somewhere in between.
                        |TG-12th| asch
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LordKelvin View Post

For Rush, it has to be standard, otherwise it's just asking to die heaps of times while accomplishing nothing. Rush absolutely NEEDS the extra health and reduced damage for the attackers to be able to make any headway.
                          You don't need more health and reduced damage for attackers. All you need is better strategies. Charging at a MCOMM will get you killed, so will crossing the map without cover from snipers. Hardcore doesn't change a thing about how easy it is to die. Normal mode is more about the minimap and other info. The defenders don't have a time limit, nor are they forced to plant the bomb on the MCOMM. The attackers also have to split to defend both sides, and rarely can cover the entire map well enough to stop any concentrated push.

Comment

Originally posted by LordKelvin View Post

I have Played Some great Rush games in Hard Core. Attacking or Defending. I wish VOIP worked because it would push the game even further. Yah I may die a heap of times But I will kill of heap of times to and I'll be dammed the attackers will when.
                            I was lost, but now I found you in my sights.

Comment

Originally posted by FrozenInferno View Post
                              I stay off Hardcore servers...no minimap is definitely a big NO for me.
                              *nods* Same for me
                              When I count, there are only you and I together
                              But when I look ahead up the white road
                              There is always another one walking beside you
                              Gliding wrapt in a brown mantle, hooded
                              I do not know whether a man or a woman
                              - But who is that on the other side of you?

/The Waste land by T.S Eliot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X