I have a dream...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a dream...

Ive been playing FPSes since rainbow six(1997) and technology has given us a lot of cool stuff ,TS is one, broadband is another and amazing hardware,but I have always wanted to play using REAL military tactics with a squad thatss capable of discipline and to keep formation movement to contact with the enemy(NO RADARS, No all seeing map)no gamey nonsense, no lone wolves, no piecemeal rush to contact, no whole teams of snipers,no UCB campers and on and on and on(anything to win so long as its in the game mentality).I came to TG seeking just that and so far it beats anything else Ive found.........but
    Im still looking for a bunch of guys who would prefer what Ive described ,but what Ive described takes self discipline and practice but reaps HUGE rewards especially playing against other likeminded squads,so im asking in this forum to see who in TG might be interested in this style of play.And before you start flamin me know this Im no knocking what others prefer I just wanna do something more Immersive and organise than whats goin on right now....

To be continued
    Tex

Re: I have a dream...

ArmA 2 and PR seem to almost all of your criteria, so why not try them? TG has a thriving communities in both. BC2 has been released on consoles also so it will always be arcadey and "gamey" regardless of how much options you disable in the Hardcore mode.

Comment

Unfortunately, it's more difficult to have those zen moments of super tight teamwork without in-squad comms (VOIP).

Comment

The options in the game have nothing to do with how the players play it ,but I do prefer hardcore.........This is my game of choice now and it CAN be played as I described

Tex

Comment

That's would be cool and I'd be up for it but the game would have to be something like Counter-Strike where once you are dead you're dead. Magical spawning would mess up formations and create unrealistic surprises. That's how I see it anyway.
          aka spartan421
          Bad Company 2: Kill dudes heal bros.

Comment

Originally posted by PennyFlame View Post
            That's would be cool and I'd be up for it but the game would have to be something like Counter-Strike where once you are dead you're dead. Magical spawning would mess up formations and create unrealistic surprises. That's how I see it anyway.
            This is a key component when talking about the game play in the BF series. Respawns, especially the short respawns and spawn on any squad mate have made the value of life not as important as other games. Expecting something different is expecting too much.

However... if someone forms a squad and practices more realistic maneuvers and tactics and can best those who utilize the quick respawn then maybe more would start playing the game differently. We have yet to see that type of squad be effective.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

You shouldn't force a solution on a problem.

Comment

Well you all make valid points, but what I describe......... is still head and shoulders better than the silly mess most servers are so far,afterall it would take two full teams of like minded guys (32 players)to make this possible,like I said its a dream and yea thered hafta be some compromises but what I mean is no rushing outta spawn before youre squad/team have spawned in,limited snipers,no mortars on mcoms(cheap capture)no motion balls?,havin recon actually RECON!designate a squad leader and obey his orders,hopping only over obstacles(i know its sometimes a reflexive reaction),no charging into the enemy rear in atvs and hummers for capture puposes(if your team capture a CP/mcom its because you drove youre enemy back not snuck in or raced past)comms discipline, TS use is an absolute must, these are just a few of the ideas im sure you guys have some of youre own and Id like to hear them..

Tex

Comment

Originally posted by zhohar View Post
                  you shouldn't force a solution on a problem.
                  huh?

Comment

All right start working on that 300 page rulebook

I think Zohar is saying the game is what it is.
                    aka spartan421
                    Bad Company 2: Kill dudes heal bros.

Comment

I'm going off the assumption that your goal is to win the round. Am I right?
                      If so, what you're proposing is forcing a bunch of people to play this video game in a certain way ... in the hope of winning the round, no?

Why not just look at who is winning the game right now, and who is losing it right now, and learn from that? Why not adapt to the best solution instead of saying "I know X is right, and that's how it'll go." Why not just play and see what comes out as the most effective way to win? Why force a solution on the problem?

Like PennyFlame said -- the game is what it is. Whining about it (a la "noob tube" people) or pretending it's something else (your post above) is just silly -- accept it, adapt to it, and excel.

Comment

Tex, what you need is other like minded individuals to play it this way. My suggestion is to petition the admins to hold a password night and implement some new rules. Such as, you die, you sit out for a lengthy period of time. TG has a history of enforcing certain rulesets for event nights. Changing the mandown timer for 2142 password nights for example. It is not at all unreasonable to think others may want to play this game in a similar fashion. However, it is unreasonable to expect people on our pub server to play like this :). Some may do it, but many will not. That being said, I think it can be a fun challenge to play the game according to your own internal ruleset. When a squad adopts this same perspective it can lead to some interesting rounds due to squads employing a variety of tactics.

Here are some concrete suggestions if you want to pursue this approach on our pub server.
                        1. Start your own IHS and focus on the tactics you would like to use. Use your IHS TS channel to effectively communicate within the squad (Until ingame VOIP works).
                        2. Focus on keeping your ticket count at some reasonable minimum number. Clearly 0 deaths in a pub round is unreasonable, but 5 sounds like a good number to shoot for.
                        3. Develop tactics that are effective at accomplishing the intended goals of the game while maintaining your low ticket loss.
                        4. Have fun.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                          Unfortunately, it's more difficult to have those zen moments of super tight teamwork without in-squad comms (VOIP).
                          What he said

Comment

The fact that BC2 is a much faster paced game itself will be a problem generally here, but I personally still suggest you try PR because it pretty much fits every one of the things you would like to see, and you can even keep the same like-mindedness with pubbies.

Former TG-21st
                            Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

HAVE you looked into Project reality, ARMA 2? I have played on both, and I think ARMA is as close as your going to find. I would browse the ARMA forum and talk to the movers and shakers there. Or better yet, grab an ARMA admin. I really think you would feel right at home.

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X