Will I like this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I like this?

Hi I just picked up about Bad company being released. My PC first person gaming background is basically Joint Operations, BF2 and BF2 PR mod. Will I like Bad company? Should I go straight out and pick up a copy?

I would welcome the opinion of anyone whos played it.

Re: Will I like this?

Well I like it in an hour or two at a time. It is a good way to spend some time until the PR server fills up.

If you think that PR is too slow some times then this fits the bill, if you want something like BF2 then this isn't it this is much more gamey (even in hardcore mode). The game is buggy as hell but nothing that makes it unbearable, but stuff like the voip doesn't work:(

I would recommend it to anyone but don't really know what you are looking for
    If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

It's a little comparable to COD4, although maps are more open, has vehicles/choppers and class-system is more complex.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfast View Post
        It's a little comparable to COD4, although maps are more open, has vehicles/choppers and class-system is more complex.
        Comparable to COD4??? I don't notice it too much....oh wait......yes I do......tubes. :p
        |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

Originally posted by Zantheus View Post
          Comparable to COD4??? I don't notice it too much....oh wait......yes I do......tubes. :p
          Haha i said a little. You can spawn on eachother is another crucial difference. :madsmile:

Comment

I would love to find the dev who put in or better yet came up with the idea of explosives MK 2 and shove a 40mm grande down his/her throat and kick them in the ass for the most broken perk of the all.

Comment

Originally posted by Katanama View Post
              Well I like it in an hour or two at a time. It is a good way to spend some time until the PR server fills up.

If you think that PR is too slow some times then this fits the bill, if you want something like BF2 then this isn't it this is much more gamey (even in hardcore mode). The game is buggy as hell but nothing that makes it unbearable, but stuff like the voip doesn't work:(

I would recommend it to anyone but don't really know what you are looking for
              buggy as hell? Guess I am fortunate...this game has ran like liquid on my PC.....een the Beta, but yes VOIP is not working currently but is an issue they are working on....I love it!!!
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I'd suggest checking out some of the videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/BadCompany2Training

Originally posted by Katanama View Post
                if you want something like BF2 then this isn't it this is much more gamey
                I assume that by "BF2", you really mean "PR for BF2"? IMO, Bad Company 2 is about on par with ranked, vanilla BF2. :)

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                  I'd suggest checking out some of the videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/BadCompany2Training

I assume that by "BF2", you really mean "PR for BF2"? IMO, Bad Company 2 is about on par with ranked, vanilla BF2. :)
                  what he said!
                  "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Even a bit faster due to the smaller maps.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post

The video makes it look like carnage, the graphics look smooth. I had to laugh at what looks like a pistol firing some sort of missile.

When I have time I will pick it up and check it out for myself.

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Originally posted by joe98 View Post
                        The video makes it look like carnage, the graphics look smooth. I had to laugh at what looks like a pistol firing some sort of missile.
                        That's not a missle it's a tracer dart so the engineers can lock onto it with their rocket launchers.

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by joe98 View Post

When I have time I will pick it up and check it out for myself.

Thanks for the replies.
                          There are also 10+ videos in that youtube channel - showing a variety of gameplay. But yeah, "carnage" is a good word for a lot of rounds :icon_lol:

http://www.youtube.com/user/BadCompa...15/R6TI7_WYDRU

Comment

Originally posted by Scattershot View Post
                            That's not a missle it's a tracer dart so the engineers can lock onto it with their rocket launchers.
                            Oh I missed that. Nice idea.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X