Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review of BC2

The good,

- Graphics: They are great, but alas I had to turn them down because they were so intense and dynamic they were making me dizzy.
    - Change: A nice change of pace from 2142.
    - New: It's new so there aren't any hacks yet that I know of although Saint of Killerz was making everyone look like a chump last night.

The bad,

- Squad play: This game has nothing on 2142. Lack of in game voice, como rose doesn't work for me or maybe it only works for snipers which I don't play. No voice over emotes so I can't thank someone on the rare occasion I actually do get revived. Which brings me to my next issue.
    - Chat: Umm, why can't I chat when I'm dead? I'm sure as crap not gonna do it when I'm not, I'll get pwned then I'll be dead and won't be able to chat....makes no sense....at all.
    - Scoring: You take a death even if you are revived...that makes no sense.
    - Squad leader: Is there a squad leader? I don't know, I can spawn on anyone and no one issues any orders. By virtue of programming it adversely effects good squad play.
    - Maps: This is more a matter of opinion than anything else, I just don't like some of the maps. It feels like Saint of Killerz designed it with a bunch of his friends. Hey I know, let's make a map where the defenders are pinned down on a beachhead and we have all the armor, the high ground, and cover...just like Normandy, only, they don't have the Navy to soften us up. Oh ya, and they start out with newbie weps :(

All in all, I'm going to continue giving this game a chance. I almost stopped playing the first day because this game is so unbelievably unforgiving. Meaning, it's not like 2142 where you've got futuristic body armor and can take a shot and manage to get to cover, in this game, bullets really do kill. That being said, I think I'm getting the hang of it, it's just got a steep learning curve is all. I remember my first day playing 2142 and was hit with an emp strike and an orbital strike not even two seconds into the game, I was clueless.

Re: Review of BC2

Originally posted by Battledragun View Post
    Squad play: This game has nothing on 2142. Lack of in game voice, como rose doesn't work for me or maybe it only works for snipers which I don't play. No voice over emotes so I can't thank someone on the rare occasion I actually do get revived. Which brings me to my next issue.
    In-game VOIP is bugged right now, use TS3 as a backup. There is no Commo Rose. It was removed for a single context sensitive action. Which works better in most cases but not when asking for ammo/heals.

- Squad leader: Is there a squad leader? I don't know, I can spawn on anyone and no one issues any orders. By virtue of programming it adversely effects good squad play.
    Nope, no SL and no CO. With spawn-on-anyone it is more of a meritocracy. He who dies less is defacto SL as he's near the front. What gets me is that in some of the recent games that ends up being me and I'm a horrible rusher who dies a lot! :O

All in all, I'm going to continue giving this game a chance. I almost stopped playing the first day because this game is so unbelievably unforgiving. Meaning, it's not like 2142 where you've got futuristic body armor and can take a shot and manage to get to cover, in this game, bullets really do kill.
    Take a shot, get to cover and go "Phew! I ma..... URK!" as the rockets rain down on you. Hehehe... On the other hand I never thought I'd miss the rocket spam until BC2 introduced the 40MM GL. ^.^

That being said, I think I'm getting the hang of it, it's just got a steep learning curve is all. I remember my first day playing 2142 and was hit with an emp strike and an orbital strike not even two seconds into the game, I was clueless.
    True. But the EMP and Orbitals were cool! You were dead but just sitting there in awe going "Whoa, ok, I deserved it after being in the middle of that!" The mortar strikes in BC2 are lackluster and annoying by comparison.
    "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

How can you do a review, when you know so little about the game? Everyone knows there is not a squad leader system, just a general four-man squad.

Comment

It's ok, Dragun, after the third day you'll be used to dying by errant 40mm/m60 spam and actually begin enjoying yourself.

It really pissed me off at first, but now I just try to play more carefully and if I die to the nade spam, I simply shrug and respawn.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...