No announcement yet.

Sigh, I can't play standard servers...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigh, I can't play standard servers...

I don't know if it's my available weapons or what, but I made a concentrated effort to play standard over hardcore servers this weekend. I played only assault as its my kit of choice. I used the XMP8. I had less than 1/5 the kills with that that I had with the noob tube. I'd see someone, start firing, get the hit indicator and they'd never fall. They'd just run off. I wasn't spraying and praying, I was using controlled bursts. It wasn't until I just started using the grenade launcher anytime I saw someone over 15 ft away that I start getting more kills than deaths. I just don't understand how to get kills in standard servers unless I aim for the head, which isn't very a very big target... :(

It really aggravates me, but I'd rather fight the recon spammers on hardcore maps than have to use the noob tube to get kills on a standard server...
    It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Re: Sigh, I can't play standard servers...

XMP8 isn't a good weapon IMO. Try the AUG, An-94 or the M16 if you are going to play assault.. This is different from people to people but I like them way better then the XMP8..
    Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

I don't think I have them unlocked. I'm only level 3.
      It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

Originally posted by fldash View Post
        I don't think I have them unlocked. I'm only level 3.
        I was experiencing the same difficulty/annoyance when I was that lvl as well since most of the TG players are over lvl 13...just be patient and you wil lget out of the slump
        |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

The right gun really comes down to personal choice and your play style. I almost exclusively play assault and the the xm8 is pretty much the only gun that I use. The An-94 is the most powerful AR in the game but it is a 2 shot burst and leads to alot of clicking if you engage in cqb next down the chain damage wise is the xm8, m416, and the m16 (also a burst). I like the xm8 and the 416 are both great guns but i prefer the xm8 because I get a higher hit percentage with it, and it's very accurate at <30m in full auto. It's really subjective and I would urge you to not make a judgment on weapons until you can equip a red dot or acog as they make a world of difference.

Also keep in mind that most players are now equipping magnum ammo which increases their bullet damage by 25% and it leaves you at a disadvantage. So really just do what you have to do to enjoy the game until you have all the unlocks for your class and can fit the kit that you are comfortable with.

Comment

Yup, sounds like the standard just-starting-out blues. I remember those days when I started BF2142... 3 years late. ;) Took me a while to claw my way to my normal .8-.9 ratio in these games.
            "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

Just do what I did. Uninstall this game. Unfun meat-grind maps, crappy weapons in normal, one-hit lolsnipers in hardcore, "what were they thinking?" weapon imbalance, etc. This game lost its shiny new-game-smell very quickly. At first you're like, WOW EXPLODING BUILDINGS AND AWESOME SOUND. Then... interest and fun-wise, I've had a total 180 with this game. If I never play Isla Inocentes again, it'll be too soon. Should've saved my money.

Comment

If it means a mass exodus back to 2142 I'm all for that. TBH the only thing I missed when playing on GHF's servers (other than, you know, TG style play) was the asplody buildings. I have to admit, that does add to the game and would be cool to see in 2142. Would certainly make orbital strikes a tad more interesting.

"Orbital, get under cover!!!!"

*CREAAAAK*

"Building coming down, get outta cover!!!!!"
                "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

I am having the same problem really. I am dumping entire clips into people from 10 feet away and they just won't die. Then they casually turn around, break wind on me, and I fall over dead. So I have started picking up fallen kits wherever I see them. So much more lethal and useful than anything I have at level 3 :). Just not sure if I am getting full unlock xp for using them or not.

I will say that the XMP gun isn't half bad once you get used to it though. Still like the AN-94 much better so I can't wait to unlock that. Don't think I've ever picked up an m16 yet, but maybe I can find one later on today.

Comment

I suggest sticking to Hardcore until you get enough unlocks so you can compete with the Standard server style of play.

I don't play Hardcore anymore. But I did notice a huge difference in play-style when I did play Hardcore exclusively.

Comment

Originally posted by War Beagle View Post
                      Just not sure if I am getting full unlock xp for using them or not.
                      You are. However they did something interesting in BC2. Say you're an Assault and you pick up a Medic kit with the paddles. And you think, "Cool, I can revive people!" and run around zapping everyone back to life. At the end of the round you get.... Assault XP! You get XP for the kit you spawned as, not the kit you pick up.

Also remember the general weapons. BC2 has 2 XP paths. The first is for each class + vehicle. The second is your total XP. So if you play nothing but Assault for a week and get to level 10 you'll have the Saiga and 1911 unlocked. Switch to another class and find the base weapon underwhelming? Swap out the main weapon for a Saiga. Trust me, 2-3 shotty blasts in rapid succession will drop people.

Comment

the XMP8 was my weapon of choice until I got the
                        M16 with a red dot and a fore grip
                        even without a scope attached to it the M16 is kickass
                        once you have it unlocked , I believe it's the last unlock for assault, you should definitely give it a try
                        also if you can't seem to hit anything get closer to the enemy
                        I had some problems getting kills when I started too, all a matter of experience and practise
                        |TGXV|STeaLthBananaaa

sigpic

We snipe the TG way

Comment

Originally posted by Greyed View Post
                          You are. However they did something interesting in BC2. Say you're an Assault and you pick up a Medic kit with the paddles. And you think, "Cool, I can revive people!" and run around zapping everyone back to life. At the end of the round you get.... Assault XP! You get XP for the kit you spawned as, not the kit you pick up.

Also remember the general weapons. BC2 has 2 XP paths. The first is for each class + vehicle. The second is your total XP. So if you play nothing but Assault for a week and get to level 10 you'll have the Saiga and 1911 unlocked. Switch to another class and find the base weapon underwhelming? Swap out the main weapon for a Saiga. Trust me, 2-3 shotty blasts in rapid succession will drop people.
                          Wow thanks that was extremely helpful.

Since you are in a sharing mood I have some other questions I can't figure out. :)
                          - Do med packs and ammo boxes work for the enemy too?
                          - Where is the comm rose to request ammo, health, say thanks etc?
                          - Does the mic work at all or are people just using teamspeak/vent etc?
                          - Is there a way to make aiming down the sights work like it did in bf2? IE, not a toggle, but only active while holding down the right mouse button?
                          - Is there a limit to unit spotting/sec or something? Sometimes I just can't spot people even if they are out in the open. Usually after spotting several other foes.
                          - Can you cook grenades somehow?

Hmm all I can think of atm.

Comment

Originally posted by War Beagle View Post
                            - Do med packs and ammo boxes work for the enemy too?
                            Hard to say. I think as long as there isn't anyone of the opposing side in the area they will work for the enemy. I haven't noticed. Though the way to test is to stand near an enemy ammo box, fire off a few rounds, reload and see if they regen.

Where is the comm rose to request ammo, health, say thanks etc?
                            Gone. It has been replaced with a context-sensitive general-call button. Target an enemy, press button, enemy is targetted. Target friendly vehicle, press button, asks for a ride. Target object, press button, order to attack/defend (depending on whose it is). And last but not least. Target medic/assault, press button, ask for heals/ammo respectively.

I like the context-sensitive nature of the actions, it really flows much better than the commo-rose (which I never, NEVER liked) but I do think there should be 3 binds for general, non-targetted calls.

Medic
                            Ammo
                            Thanks!

- Does the mic work at all or are people just using teamspeak/vent etc?
                            VOIP is broken, use TS3 and make sure you're on the right side.

- Is there a way to make aiming down the sights work like it did in bf2? IE, not a toggle, but only active while holding down the right mouse button?
                            Probably. I prefer it that way, too, but haven't cared enough to figure it out. :)

- Is there a limit to unit spotting/sec or something? Sometimes I just can't spot people even if they are out in the open. Usually after spotting several other foes.
                            I think there is though there is some debate on that here on the forums.

- Can you cook grenades somehow?
                            I hope not.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X