Looks like a good game but....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like a good game but....

Well i love the battlefield series and all and ill be getting the game tomorrow or within this week BUT there are some things i need to know first.

1. What is the maximum amount of players that can be on a server?

2. How many machine gun weapons are there in the game and how useful are they?

3. Like Battlefield 2142 is there a commander position in this game?

4.How useful is cover in the game with everything being destructible now?

5. Is the Bloody hit detection fixed or somewhat fixed yet?

oh and for future reference heres my computer specs

Windows XP sp 3

AMD Athlon(tm) 7750 Dual-Core Processor 3.1ghz

Radeon 4650 1gb

2gig ram

Sound Blaster xfi card

Yes i searched the forums and i didnt see any answers for the questions above.

that or i didnt look hard enough..
    |TG-Irr|CrazyDengoru
    Yes i watch and read mlp:fim related videos and fanfics. Problem?
    sigpic
    Steam ID: CrazyDengoru

Re: Looks like a good game but....

1. What is the maximum amount of players that can be on a server?

2. How many machine gun weapons are there in the game and how useful are they?

You mean LMG? Around 7. Not counting the stationary guns. The m60 a LMG and is currently arguably the most powerful gun in the game. It might be nerfed soon, however. Example video:

3. Like Battlefield 2142 is there a commander position in this game?

Nope

4.How useful is cover in the game with everything being destructible now?

It is useful, but dynamic. You can still find permanent cover like cars or trucks, but most cover can be destroyed so it's best to not stand behind them TOO long. Cover is still extremely useful, just for shorter periods of time.

5. Is the Bloody hit detection fixed or somewhat fixed yet?

Somewhat fixed. It's definitely better.

Comment

your computer can run the game, my computer is right around the kind that your running, i just have all the graphics set to the lowest possible setting. some freezes here and there depending on how much destruction is happening but i still get around it. and as far as the rest goes saphric pretty much told you the rest of the answers. one thing about commander, from my experience in the game, commanders are not needed. you want a mortar strike, snipers have a unlock for that. spotting infantry and tanks. well if your team is good, or if your on the teamspeak server on the right team channel, if you ask for people to spot tanks or snipers or infantry and most people will spot them for you. and far as giving out orders. its always better to make a squad and have people join you from teamspeak and hand out the orders that way. commanders not needed in here i dont think. oh and now you can spawn on anyone in your squad and not just the squad leader. since technically everyone in the team is a sl..

Comment

well heres a few more questions.

1. Does shooting a tank or any vehicle in the side or back with a rpg/etc kill them faster?

2. Was the health indicator removed or does it just not show up in multy player?

3. Ive heard snipers are better in this game compared to 2142 how much better are we talking about?
        |TG-Irr|CrazyDengoru
        sigpic

Comment

1. Yes

2. It was removed. Instead, you get blood spatters around the outside of the screen. If you're really badly damaged, things start to go blurry.

3. I never played 2142. They're one-shot-one-kill in hardcore mode, two shots to kill with most sniper rifles in standard mode (excluding headshots). Snipers also get a bunch of other gear, like the ability to call in mortar strikes, C4, and the ability to carry shotguns instead of rifles.
          "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
          He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Snipers rule unfortunately lol. Had an attack mission and the entire team, that one round, were snipers! Needless to say we did not win, but the K/D ratio was impressive lol. Team work is weak at best unless your lucky to get into a TG group that is using TS3. As for armor, I was able to destroy a M1A1 with a 1 shot rpg, from a roof down onto where the engine compartment is, though the rpg is definitely weaker in head on attacks.

Rodeo_01

Comment

The major reason most snipers weren't effective in 2142 was because the primary kit is the Assault/medic. When 75% of your team can revive most snipers are an annoyance. In BC2 Assault and Medic are two seperate kits so it tends to dillute the revivers giving snipers that much more power.

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

Just to put it into 2142 words. Every sniper is now a Chris Hooper. :row__787:
                Proud to have been an Irregular!

2142: Medic4Hire - BF4/Origin: MedicNL

Comment

And just to nix this misconception. There is no sniper class. There is recon which can use sniper rifles. But that's not all recon is. Since I suck at most sniper rifles I generally run a recon with the Saiga, 1911, motion sensors and C4 currently but Mortar Strike soon. I just got my Thompson so I might start running with that until I can use the higher end general weapons. So, yeah, when you see a motion sensor right on the object you know it was a Recon, not a sniper, that was up there with you. :P
                  "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

Originally posted by Bert Haanstra View Post
                    Just to put it into 2142 words. Every sniper is now a Chris Hooper. :row__787:
                    Not quite. lol Closer though.

Comment

well i know my computer is far from being in the recommended status but my biggest grip about the game so far is. My cpu AND gpu usage will stay at 20/40% when im getting about 30 fps.

This makes absolutely NO sense to me
                      |TG-Irr|CrazyDengoru
                      sigpic

Comment

I/O throughput limitations could be keeping both your CPU and GPU from being utilized at their highest potential.

Comment

could i fix this myself or is the game screwed in some weird only dice can fix way?
                          |TG-Irr|CrazyDengoru
                          sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...