Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couple things I thought I should point out...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple things I thought I should point out...

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but I think TG servers should enable the squad cam that you see when its time for you to spawn.

This is the camera view of the squad mate you wish to spawn next to. Why enable this? When you are deciding where to spawn, the minimap isn't exactly helpful in determining if that particular squad mate is under a mountain of lead. Spawning next to a squad member isn't realistic in the first place, so at least make it a tactical consideration for which squad mate to spawn next to (or not at all).

The other thing is, the Hardcore servers should enable 3D spotting. The in-game VOIP isn't working in the first place, so the whole spotting business becomes quite tricky when you're trying to tell other people where the enemy is (particularly squad mates).

"Enemy behind that rock."

squadmate1-"What roc-*snipe, dead*"

squadmate2-"WHERE?"

"THAT rock. The one that's brown!"

random guy on TS on the other side of the map-"WHERE WHERE?"

You can imagine it.

Re: Couple things I thought I should point out...

I'm KnyghtMare and I approve this message

Comment

The problem is that the killcam is also the spawncam. So if we are gonna have the ability to see your squad mates in action, we also are going to remove any kind of stealth factor left in the game. Not worth it IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
        The problem is that the killcam is also the spawncam. So if we are gonna have the ability to see your squad mates in action, we also are going to remove any kind of stealth factor left in the game. Not worth it IMO.
        Britt hit the jackpot.

heck, I can rather spawn in blind for the first 3 seconds then we having a kill-cam on the server:P
        Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Yea I'd rather spawn into death than have killcam enabled IMHO
          |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

As already pointed out, we haven't found a way to enable "spawncam" and still disable "killcam". What players should be doing is talking to their squad mates and finding out who is safe to spawn on. This will make good practice.

In regards to 3D spotting, the idea is for players to communicate more effectively. WhiskeySix put together a great SOP on how to effectively provide contact reports. So the problem isn't the lack of spotting or VoIP. The problem here is improper communication.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

Too bad about the no spawn cam without the kill cam. My favorite part is when I want to spawn on a teamamte, he dies, and I end up spawning back at base a million miles away from the action.
              aka spartan421
              Bad Company 2: Kill dudes heal bros.

Comment

Just when I thought DICE managed to screw something up real good, they screw up something new.

Comment

When in game VOIP takes over, dead squadmates can not speak to their living squamates to find out if it is ok to spawn in.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

From what I have seen, Sc1ence is correct. No voip for dead people, just like there is no text chat.
                    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Originally posted by PennyFlame View Post
                      Too bad about the no spawn cam without the kill cam. My favorite part is when I want to spawn on a teamamte, he dies, and I end up spawning back at base a million miles away from the action.
                      Why, why, why donīt I spawn on the nearest squad member instead of this happening? Why, Dice?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by general_alvin View Post
                        Why, why, why donīt I spawn on the nearest squad member instead of this happening? Why, Dice?
                        Console port. :(

Comment

So what about the 3D spotting in hardcore then? Is that feasible without breaking anything else?

Motion balls and spotting or almost functionally useless on the Hardcore server. I can understand not wanting to see enemy indicators at all times, but recons or squads doing flanking or insertion maneuvers being able to spot enemy advancements, and thereby indicate them to the entire team, could lead to a lot of tactical choices on Hardcore.

Despite the typical overabundance of snipers, I would at least like to see the whole class be more useful than a ticket muncher.

Can spotted enemy's have indicators and non-spotted not have the red triangle of doom, or is it an all or nothing option?

Comment

The non-spotted ones are already not indicated as they are... Haven't seen a server where everyone is permanently marked.

That's what I do with Recon almost all the time anyway. Spot, take a shot if possible, then change position if discovered.

I would also like to mention, in regards to the "effective communication" thing, BC2 is a really fast paced game. By the time you're done explaining exactly where the enemy is, you'd have either a) been shot b) enemy has moved on.

The lack of 3D spotting really only works when its in a game like Project Reality, where it's a lot more slow paced and planning is required.

Comment

Originally posted by Eclipse View Post
                              So what about the 3D spotting in hardcore then? Is that feasible without breaking anything else?
                              Originally posted by DaAznKnight View Post
                              The lack of 3D spotting really only works when its in a game like Project Reality, where it's a lot more slow paced and planning is required.
                              Very few people like the consoley triangle of death, and prefer the realism of having to actually see the enemy to aim at. Sounds like your better off in the normal servers if you like it.
                              BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...