Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Squad voip option - enhance your experience!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad voip option - enhance your experience!

You know that button you would press if in game voip worked? Well I have a use for it. Bind it to a TS whisper list of your current squadmates and bam you got squad voip. You won't even have to leave the team channels to do it. Here is how it works - once you do it a few times you can make changes in a couple seconds.

The more squads doing this the more we can improve quality of play and cut down on unwelcome squad chatter in the team channel. Also with this setup in house squad members that strongly desire squad voip do not have to detach from team chatter to achieve it.

Of course this does require a player to be able to alttab out of game. I assume most can do this but it is not a big deal if some can not. If only half a squad is involved that is still two more people feeling free to chat with their squad and two less people clogging up the team channel.
    Last edited by FBmantis; 04-02-2010, 05:06 AM.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Re: Squad voip option - enhance your experience!

I've noticed that the ALT-TAB..which used to work for me in BFC..had now stopped..I have to Ctrl ALT Del..then Task Manager then go to TS... Which has the disturbing problem of Dropping to/minimizing a TaskBar ICON when I click on the window... Grrr..

Also..I first setup the SCRL LOCK Key combos when first posted...but now they dont work at all.. Was there a name change on the channels list? And if so please stop!
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Alt enter works every time for me it windows the game and u just drag it out of the way on your desktop

Tex

Comment

Great idea and a good solution until in-game VOIP is fixed. However this would be nice to setup pre-game, anyway to get 1min countdown before game start?

Comment

Great idea. How about squad channels within the larger team channel. Separate Alpha through Hotel squad channels. Then when you enter the game and see which side your on and see the squads you can put yourself in correct squad and Team channel. Key bindings would work fairly easily, too. I like anything that limits the amount of undesired feedback. Especially right now when I am still trying to put names to voices.

Comment

I pretty much gave up on all of this until the VOIP issue is fixed. I found that by the time I had everything sorted out that the round was half over before I had even fired a shot - especially in rush mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Aumen1 View Post
              Great idea and a good solution until in-game VOIP is fixed. However this would be nice to setup pre-game, anyway to get 1min countdown before game start?
              Not possible ATM

Originally posted by Grimmfist View Post
              Great idea. How about squad channels within the larger team channel. Separate Alpha through Hotel squad channels. Then when you enter the game and see which side your on and see the squads you can put yourself in correct squad and Team channel. Key bindings would work fairly easily, too. I like anything that limits the amount of undesired feedback. Especially right now when I am still trying to put names to voices.
              Much more complicated to setup and having that many TS channels can be confusing.

With this setup you are in the team channels everyone is used to. Typically in these channels everyone is focused on team chatter(or should be) as talking to your squad("behind you tgplayer!") is annoying and confusing to those not in your squad. Now each individual that can set this up will feel free to chat with their squadmates. If they are one of the only ones they can be a voice of direction for the squad as it is usually lacking. Each voice feeling free to talk to their squadmates while removing squad chatter from the team channel is a net gain for everyone.

Forrest: I can only speak for my end but I can setup myself for new squadmates in the time it takes to respawn. Speed of alt tabbing may vary your results of course.
              |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

So then...

Button 1 = team talk, same as today.

Button 2 = talk direct to whichever players I drag into my whisper list?

HOT.

Comment

This should work great as it is quite easy to setup, might give it a try later!

L-Alt+Enter will window the game, if your game is running at the same rez as your monitor all you have to do is move it slightly and click on the desktop and the taskbar will show up, if you have a second monitor you can click on the desktop there and the taskbar will show, basically anything that puts the game in the background will make the taskbar show.

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
                    I've noticed that the ALT-TAB..which used to work for me in BFC..had now stopped..I have to Ctrl ALT Del..then Task Manager then go to TS... Which has the disturbing problem of Dropping to/minimizing a TaskBar ICON when I click on the window... Grrr..

Also..I first setup the SCRL LOCK Key combos when first posted...but now they dont work at all.. Was there a name change on the channels list? And if so please stop!
                    I just noticed this also. The channels were renamed to just BC2 #1 and BC2 #2 from BC2 #1 Conquest and BC2 #2 Rush.

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

I think for this to be effective, the entire team will have to do this.

Comment

Not as useful for ATI users since the round will well have gotten started before your done loading. Setting this up will mean it will take even longer into the round before you will be ready to play.

But you can set it up while dead I suppose. For people who regurarly play with eachother this is an awesome idea.

Mayhap put it into the sticky about the server and server rules? Easy access for everyone to see this.
                        When I count, there are only you and I together
                        But when I look ahead up the white road
                        There is always another one walking beside you
                        Gliding wrapt in a brown mantle, hooded
                        I do not know whether a man or a woman
                        - But who is that on the other side of you?

/The Waste land by T.S Eliot

Comment

If someone puts me in their whisper list, but I haven't put them in mine, can they still whisper to me?
                          |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                          Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Useful with IHS members, but regular TG squads change far too often -- this becomes a hassle.
                            Moreover, it's difficult to distinguish between a whisper and something sent to the entire channel. I'd like that ability a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhohar View Post
                              Useful with IHS members, but regular TG squads change far too often -- this becomes a hassle.
                              Moreover, it's difficult to distinguish between a whisper and something sent to the entire channel. I'd like that ability a lot.
                              It would be helpful if TS3 had an overlay, like mumble, where it showed the names of the people talking, and it used different colors for whisper and normal talking.

Former TG-21st
                              Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...