Have you noticed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you noticed?

Have you noticed the lack of "24/7 Camp Gibraltar" syndrome in BC2? No one map that everyone prefers to all others.
    Have you noticed the lack of "5 assaults and 1 support" syndrome in BC2? All classes are needed and useful.
    Have you noticed the lack of "54/3 kill/death ratio in APC" in BC2? Vehicles are balanced in terms of infantry.
    Have you noticed the lack of "40 minute Toll station camp fest" in BC2? Maps have incentives and objectives to play the game.
    Have you noticed the lack of "5 medic kits on the ground, all Voss/Rockets/Defib"? Variety in kits is possible, and there is no one killer combination.
    Have you noticed the lack of "overpowered and difficult-to-kill flying vehicles?" Blackhawks can't be repaired midair, can be hurt by more things, choppers can be detterred by a sniper rifles, AT4s, CGs, tank gunners, jeep gunners, and other gunships.

Point I'm trying to make is: this game is well thought out and balanced. It is head, shoulders, and chest above BF2142 in terms of balance. I enjoy this.

I'm not saying I don't see its faults (lack of VOIP, small map sizes, lack of squad/team organization etc), but from as unbiased stance as I can muster, this game is definitely very balanced and thought out.

Re: Have you noticed?

Originally posted by zhohar View Post
    have you noticed the lack of "5 medic kits on the ground, all voss/rockets/defib"? Variety in kits is possible, and there is no one killer combination.
    Have you noticed the lack of "overpowered and difficult-to-kill flying vehicles?" blackhawks can't be repaired midair, can be hurt by more things, choppers can be detterred by a sniper rifles, at4s, cgs, tank gunners, jeep gunners, and other gunships.
    qft
    sigpic

Comment

I agree with some points but we all know there are certain kits and weapons getting played more than others. The medic kit in particular has a lot of issues and now the stats are coming out to prove it. I see tons of threads about 3 items in particular with the 40mm, Gustav, and the M60. These are not minor things but major issues with balance.

The vehicle point does not apply as most of the maps lack... vehicles! Hard to really do much with a game that has soooooo very few. Even then, hop in a tank and you will get a tracer dart quick which leaves you few options. The lack of vehicles on maps really sucks IMO.

As for being well thought out, we see most kits have TONS of options but typically there is a very small variance of what is actually being used in the field by players. So while the game has a TON of choices, only a few are actually worth your time. If it was well thought out, we would see a lot more combination's getting used especially with respect to the weapons. Each would be a worthy piece but tweaked slightly different for different preferences and situations but clearly many weapons are inferior.

Do not get me wrong as I think the game is overall a lot of fun and particularly am impressed with the maps but the weapons and classes do not appear to be very well thought out or balanced.
      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

I agree with Greasy mullet. The game is lightyears ahead of others in terms of game balance BUT if things were tweaked and given just that little bit of extra thought then it could be so much more.

Comment

Agree, though I have repaired a Blackhawk in midair. Also, I read that weapon damage on the PC version is reduced compared with the consoles, which DICE has said they'll fix in a future patch on the Battlefield twitter feed.

I think if they gave the Gustav a minimum arming distance (15m?), and toned down either the damage and accuracy of the M60, things will be pretty good. I know people hate getting killed by the 40mm, but it seems fairly balanced at this point. You really need to put it within less than 2m of your target to get a kill, especially if they have body armor. I also think that if you use it to blow out a wall, and someone is on the other side of it, they should die. That doesn't happen all the time right now.

Otherwise, it's a pretty balanced game in my opinion.
          "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
          He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

My major gripe is when I play assault (rush mode) and most of the players are not aggressive enough and they behave as if they were looking for Moses and burning bush. /-: It is really disheartening to be the only guy along with my squad making a push while others are hugging trees. It does happen quite often.
            "veritas vos liberabit"

Comment

Having a blast...its got quirks of course but potential. All great thoughts above and should be recognized by developers imo.

Personally I want to be unique....so I just try different kits. medic with no M60 is a good start haha

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
                Agree, though I have repaired a Blackhawk in midair.
                Hmmm, was this recently? Last time I tried this (about 4 days ago) I got a 3 person team-kill with repair tool and a suicide, lol.
                sigpic

Comment

I respect your opinion, but a wholeheartedly disagree. This game is not broken, but it is far from balanced. I see only M60s for the medic, assault actually has some variety but I see more AN-94s than the others, Engineer has a chew toy for a gun, so all I see is CGs with Explosive Upgrade + Extra rockets. Sniper has some balanced guns, but I see a lot GOLs and M95s.

Maps have been extremely reduced in size, which makes APCs more of a distraction for the most part.

I see this game more simple than balanced.

Comment

As much as I love this game, my personally biggest gripe is how little medics revive and prefer to act out their Rambo fantasies with the M60. I understand that games are usually short, but still, it is disheartening.

Other than that, it is an amazing game filled with massive teamwork potential.

Comment

If the game was called "Battlefield: Get Repeatedly Shot in the Face by an M60" I don't think they'd need to make any changes at all.
                      "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                      He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Have you noticed that each of the 4 kits in this game has a weapon people say is overpowered?
                        Does that cancel them out?

Comment

Snipers are not overpowered...

Well this game still need a little bit of fixing and also more variation on the map. The maps right now are linear or triangular except for the only 4 flag map we have. Anyway the game is only a month old there is still alot of time for this to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by HellHarry View Post
                            Snipers are not overpowered...

Well this game still need a little bit of fixing and also more variation on the map. The maps right now are linear or triangular except for the only 4 flag map we have. Anyway the game is only a month old there is still alot of time for this to improve.
                            Exactly! +1

Comment

I agree, for a game of this size, the balance is amazing. People complain about the 40mm/Gustav/M60, and while they are overused, almost every weapon in the game can be used in its own useful way.

Former TG-21st
                              Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...