UCB Rule Update - !!!PLEASE READ!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCB Rule Update - !!!PLEASE READ!!!

The UCB rule has been reworded to remove some potentially confusing language - the rule itself has not changed.

All players should re-read the server rules now and post here with any questions or feedback.

Comments:

- The current rule ONLY prohibits physically ENTERING the UCB. Unlike other games (PR, 2142, etc.) there are NO "safe" areas on the BC2 battlefield! Players should expect to be shot-at at all times - please plan accordingly.

- We've seen a lot of players misrepresenting the rules in all-chat, weather through ignorance or frustration. We'd pretty-please like this to stop :)

- We're just four weeks into the game now, but the admin team is watching this issue very closely; there is an open, ongoing discussion on how we are handling the UCB currently, and what our options are for improving the rule. As always, unemotional, fact-based feedback is welcome and encouraged!!

Re: UCB Rule Update - !!!PLEASE READ!!!

Reading is fundamental!

Comment

alright....bullets and tracers can fly through then...

Comment

That's going to effectively negate one of the two choppers on Isla Innocentes (and most of the boats) since you can see/dart them from the island, but I guess the attackers will just have to learn to RPG the objectives instead of trying to plant.

Comment

I don't see how letting players freely fire into a UCB is promoting teamwork and better tactics, on top of that it just feels wrong/odd. It feels like this is going to promote squads sitting outside of uncaps killing armor and people instead of capping points and the like.
          Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Originally posted by Reaperassault View Post
            I don't see how letting players freely fire into a UCB is promoting teamwork and better tactics, on top of that it just feels wrong/odd. It feels like this is going to promote squads sitting outside of uncaps killing armor and people instead of capping points and the like.
            Yeah, you could just have a recon squad sit outside their UCB, and take turns placing mortar. It'd really cut down on the quality of play of the server.

Comment

Originally posted by Anospa View Post
              Yeah, you could just have a recon squad sit outside their UCB, and take turns placing mortar. It'd really cut down on the quality of play of the server.
              Then the admins will remove those individuals for spawn camping.

We want our members to understand the spirit of the rules and play accordingly. I'm more than willing to sit down and explain that concept to individuals who skirt the edge of the letter of the rule. That's not what we're looking for on our servers.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post

We want our members to understand the spirit of the rules and play accordingly. I'm more than willing to sit down and explain that concept to individuals who skirt the edge of the letter of the rule. That's not what we're looking for on our servers.
                So basically, its the "same," rule, just simpler, making it easier to explain to pubbies and the like?

Comment

VERY well said :icon14: The rules define the limits to our tolerance, NOT what's encouraged. Play as you'd like to be played against.

Originally posted by Anospa View Post
                  So basically, its the "same," rule, just simpler, making it easier to explain to pubbies and the like?
                  Yes, it's EXACTLY the same rule as it has been for the last three weeks (for the first week we didn't have a UCB rule).

Comment

While most people will play to the spirit of the rule, I think that it leaves people open to breaking the spirit of the rule. People, even in TG, will skirt the rules.

I think a lot of the confusion is coming from the fact firing into the UCB was always allowed if the rule has in fact not really changed.
                    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Originally posted by Reaperassault View Post
                      I would have to agree with Reaper here. Maybe I am missing the point, so please excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference between the UCB in BC2 compared to 2142? Why is it not a "safe" area, as the OP states?

B

Comment

Ok, so just to clarify - Mortaring the UCB is spawn camping yet firing a BMP/Bradley's main and aux gun into the UCB (where players spawn) is not?

Oh yeah, can we PLEASE get some admins that regularly play on the HC server?

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

How can you ever shoot into the UCB and have it not be spawn camping? Unless you are being shot at from the UCB.

Comment

Originally posted by KnyghtMare View Post
                            How can you ever shoot into the UCB and have it not be spawn camping? Unless you are being shot at from the UCB.
                            See below:
                            Spawn camping is a premeditated act that takes advantage of a newly spawned player's lack of situational awareness. (This is not to be confused with spawn killing. In BC2, you chose where you deploy. If you chose to deploy to a contested area, you should not be surprised if you are killed the moment you spawn.)
                            See the distinction?

Comment

No. We're talking about the UCB, an area that quite clearly can not be classed as "a contested area". Yet we are told we can be shot in this area. The only way I can perceive being shot when spawning in the UCB is when somebody is spawn camping.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X