No announcement yet.

Non supporting members on BC 2 servers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non supporting members on BC 2 servers.

As a non-supporting member, I think it is my responsibility along with all non supporting members to offer our in game spots to supporting members. If a supporting member comes in to teamspeak and ask the admin to make room, please help that admin out if everyone on the server is wearing TG tags. Until the SM kick script is in place, this should be the protocol. I think it is only fair.

Helm AB
    "Press the red shiny button"~Vortex
    "I may give out, but I'll never give in." ~ Lou Bond "To the Establishment"

Re: Non supporting members on BC 2 servers.

It's not really for the non-SM members to know exactly who is and isn't a SM. It should remain an admin action to make slots available on the server.

I appreciate the sentiment here though.

Comment

Originally posted by KnyghtMare View Post
      It's not really for the non-SM members to know exactly who is and isn't a SM. It should remain an admin action to make slots available on the server.

I appreciate the sentiment here though.
      Non supporting members if they are in the same teamspeak channel as the admin and the SM asking for a slot, they should offer their slot. I am trying to remove some of the burden of the admins when they have to kick someone.

Helm AB

Comment

Originally posted by ArmoredBear View Post
        Non supporting members if they are in the same teamspeak channel as the admin and the SM asking for a slot, they should offer their slot. I am trying to remove some of the burden of the admins when they have to kick someone.

Helm AB
        Usually there are admins in game, but also in the separate admin channel, so most people ask in the admin channel for a spot instead of pulling one whose in game out. For the majority of the times when an admin makes a slot, the rest of the people do not notice so it would be hard for the non-sm's to give up there spots.

I will say that your intentions are good, and I did the same back in 2142 when I was not an SM. I will say though that it is easier for an admin to simple find someone not wearing TG tags then to single out someones voice on TS who is wearing the tags. Also, unless the server is completely full of TG community members, then there would not be much of a need to give up your slot anyways. I do not think that non sm's should give up there slots before pubbies, because the only difference between sm's and non-sm's is that the non sm's do not pay. When it comes to maturity, friendliness, and following the rules, both groups are the same.

Former TG-21st
        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

I would say the NSM in Teamspeak should be the LAST person to be kicked for supporting members. It should be non supporting members not in TS that should be the first to go. If in the wild case that everyone in the server was also in TS then sure, step up and step out of the server. Just my 2 cents.
          Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Yesterday I got kicked for a supporting member (I think everyone on the server had tags on). What did I do, I sighed, then thought, that's just part of the deal.

If someone comes into TS and asks for a slot I can trust them (that they are in fact an SM) and I'd volunteer my slot.

It turns out I was able to get back on not more than 3 minutes later, on the same team. My squad still had an open spot so I got right back in and picked up where I left off. Karma.

Comment

What AB says is true. I can tell you guys that at peak days and times, it's hard for us to pick out non-SMs as there are usually a LOT of TG tags on. If someone in the channel asks, I generally have to start forum member searches to find non-SMs. If someone volunteered it WOULD be easier. It is, of course, not a requirement. It just earns you brownie points. :)

Of course, the obvious solution would be a SM kick script... :D

Comment

I think my point was and probably didn't state it clearly enough: Yesterday, server 1 was very congested (not typical) and for quite a while all slots had TG tagged members. A supporting member came into team speak and asked for a slot and the admin only saw TG tagged players and relayed to this person he could not kick someone. I know there were NSMs in game and were in that teamspeak channel. I think as we don't pay the bills we NSMs should be cognizant of this. Also, maybe the admin can ask those in the TS channel if anyone is a non-supporting member.

Helm AB

Comment

I have only had to ask for a spot once, usually I click spam and I get in in about 5 mins.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

What Sc1ence said...
                    sigpic

"Remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!"

Comment

Its nice of ArmoredBear to come up with the idea, but when I kick people, I try my best to kick a non-supporting member who is not on Teamspeak, and I usually try to kick the person furthest from the server, like someone from Asia or Australia. Figure that helps with ping and being able to shoot someone.
                      But if a non-sm took the time to get on TS it means he is more teamwork inclined, so the guy not on TS is getting the boot.
                      Then again, it might be a moot point soon *cough cough*
                      If you're a supporting member... (link)

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X