why no punkbuster?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why no punkbuster?

Servers with pb that I've been on are issuing bans constantly, which tells me that all the non-pb servers are infested.

Re: why no punkbuster?

The server you are on is not the one issuing all the bans. Its actually just broadcasting all the PB bans that happen globally on every server.
    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

punkbuster most likely is enebled but the flag that says it is enebled doesnt work! Its a known bug , but i like it. As it is right now a hacker cant tell a PB server from a non PB server if there are any non pB servers. I think it should stay like this.

Comment

Well, some servers definitely show PB = ON, some show off and some show no flags.

Comment

Thats why you should play only on TG servers :D
          |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

I haven't seen an issue with hackers on the server; even if, the admins I'm sure can do a great job to clean it up.

Comment

I just realized that I never made my point clear: The tg servers I logged onto show PB = OFF, and they appear to not be streaming. I always had a great time playing PR on TG servers and that is why I sought them out for BC2, but I prefer to play on a server with some clear indication that PB is on and streaming.

Thanks!

Comment

I'm not gonna go into details, as it's out their on the ternernet if you really want to know, but like other things in this game, not everything works as it should, or displays the right information. Just because it shows PB OFF doesn't mean it's off..
                BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Yea TG would not run a server without PB on it....there is a thread in the stickies tellingg you how to add the TG servers to your favs
                  |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

Originally posted by DrBeat View Post
                    I haven't seen an issue with hackers on the server; even if, the admins I'm sure can do a great job to clean it up.
                    Nor have I.
                    One of the reasons why I'm happy to be part of this great community!

---------
                    |TG|DarkDancer

Comment

One of the things about our server is that the players here can usually spot a hacker within a single round. There are admins present to investigate and the hacker is banned quite quickly. PB catches the rest. Having the server settings broadcast pbinfo to chat would just spam things up worse.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

By the way, we didn't have streaming to PB or have the bans that PBBans did. We have always preferred to investigate reports ourselves and ban accordingly. I can't speak for PR, but I know 2142 was not a streaming server.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X