TG members attitude?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG members attitude?

Hey, here comes the whining Swede again!

What in the name of all that is good and holy have happened to TG? When I join TG 6 months ago I did so because of the teamwork and the MATURE players here.

Today we use chat to call people morons and idiots when they break a rule instead of polity telling them that they are in fact breaking a rule and ask them to get out of the UCB or whatever they have done.
    Today it's the TG players who is the first to answer when some pubbie is writing profanity in the chat. By writing the exact same thing back to them.

When I see players wearing TG tags and acting like that I'm actually ashamed over my own tags.

Be the bigger man. Talk to them as a mature player and for crying out loud grow up!
    Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Re: TG members attitude?

I agree.

I've personally noticed a change.

Comment

A piece of advice guys: if you see someone, ESPECIALLY a TG tag wearing player, making fun of other people, mocking them, or belittling them, report it to the admin staff. Include screenshots if you can (if its done in chat). Whether these people realize it or not, they are breaking the biggest set of rules we have through their actions: the TG primer.

Remember, talking about it in here might clean it up a little bit, but the admins are the guys who can really do something about it retroactively. But, like Abel said, set the example and treat everyone with respect.

Comment

Yes I have actually become disgusted at times hearing TG members on TS calling the team "Morons, Idiots" and swearing more then the Devil himself.

It needs to stop!!
        |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

Just to let you know it's not all bad... I had a TG'er complain on TS that there was TOO MUCH Swearing in BF BC game.... IF we the players had to watch our tongue then the Game it self should. Hmm..

Oh..not to excuse the players above... but it's not all that bad.. Report thier name in the Private Admin Forums..
          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
          ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

You dont have to yourself 'take on' TG tagged people with bad attitudes

Thats what admins do

Gather the evidence (eg names, screenprints) and post it up in contact an admin

The admins are the ones with steel toe-capped boots, let them sort people out (and they wont reveal your name either)

Admins rely on reports from the general playing population, so do your bit to help server quality and report rule breaking as an ongoing habit

Comment

Originally posted by Exploding_Silver View Post
              You dont have to yourself 'take on' TG tagged people with bad attitudes

Thats what admins do

The admins are the ones with steel toe-capped boots, let them sort people out (and they wont reveal your name either)

Admins rely on reports from the general playing population, so do your bit to help server quality and report rule breaking as an ongoing habit
              Yes, blaming mistakes of couple individuals to the whole community is quite over the top. If you wear the tags, you know the responsibility to both act and report people who don't act like the tags need you to.

Comment

The sad thing is, new potential members can base their whole knowledge of this community on the actions of what one person says unless they join our servers multiple times. Every time that someone breaks the rules, it makes all of us look bad in the eyes of the public because unfortunately, that is the way the world works :(

Former TG-21st
                Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by Exploding_Silver View Post
                  ^ This is the right way of doing things.

Or in fact find one of us on TS/Steam/xFire and we will take care of the situation as well. Behaviour you described will not be tollerated - especially not from a TG-taged player.
                  "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Napoleon View Post
                    The sad thing is, new potential members can base their whole knowledge of this community on the actions of what one person says unless they join our servers multiple times. Every time that someone breaks the rules, it makes all of us look bad in the eyes of the public because unfortunately, that is the way the world works :(
                    Very very very true! First impressions are often the BIGGEST and most prevalent. If I had joined the TG 2142 server and been given a bad impression, do you think I would have ever returned?

I don't know how much of this I have personally witnessed, but there is no reason that we cannot become more conscious of our own attitudes and improve. The first step we can take is to look at ourselves.

Comment

Grreat post Abel!

Please please please let us know who's doing this! We're more than happy to deal with those players that don't "get it". Drop a line in the contact an admin forum anytime you see players being disrespectful or skirting the rules (exploiting loopholes, violating the spirit of the rules).

The admins have full access to all chat logs, so you just need to let us know when the problems happen and we can deal with it after the fact. We also have a 'Problem BC2 Players' thread in the admin forum, so when we see repeat bad behavior from a player we can (and have) deal with them. (Tip: you don't want your name in that thread ;))

Comment

I'm not really sure if I'm using the best word choice here to make my point, but I get the impression from some of the TG players that they don't feel this is a "real game" and they can kind of do whatever they want to do - perhaps this is because it has such a console feel at times, our servers are overrun with non-TG members, we don't yet have our full suite of admin tools like we had in other games, etc.

Personally I haven't witnessed much bad behavior from TG tagged players, but there is certainly some bad behavior on our servers being carried out by some of the non-TG guys.

Comment

I generally don't weigh in on these topics, as the resolution for the problem is usually self-evident, but I believe Abel has a point, here. I've said this once before in the 2142 forums and will say it once here: our community is what we make it. Yes, we have admins who are extremely diligent in policing the servers for undesirable behavior and rule breaking, and we very much appreciate all of them. However, the culture we foster is our own. It's not something enforceable by any rule or regulation--it's a set of expectations we as a community set through our own behavior, both on our servers and off.

So yes, let's definitely keep the admins informed of any behavior problems we run into, but at the same time, the onus is on us to be sure we're setting the right example for the kind of behavior we want to see on the server. Not only will this discourage the kinds of players we don't want to include, it will also make the admins' jobs easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Arithea View Post
                            I generally don't weigh in on these topics, as the resolution for the problem is usually self-evident, but I believe Abel has a point, here. I've said this once before in the 2142 forums and will say it once here: our community is what we make it. Yes, we have admins who are extremely diligent in policing the servers for undesirable behavior and rule breaking, and we very much appreciate all of them. However, the culture we foster is our own. It's not something enforceable by any rule or regulation--it's a set of expectations we as a community set through our own behavior, both on our servers and off.

So yes, let's definitely keep the admins informed of any behavior problems we run into, but at the same time, the onus is on us to be sure we're setting the right example for the kind of behavior we want to see on the server. Not only will this discourage the kinds of players we don't want to include, it will also make the admins' jobs easier.
                            To all of you new folks, when Arithea posts something, she means it. Read this post carefully. It's quite good.

Comment

I haven't seen much, maybe a few four-letter words over TS.

I curse too, I just don't hold down my push-to-talk key when I do.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X