Squad Defend/Squad Attack Orders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad Defend/Squad Attack Orders

So I was tooling around on my statsverse page and noticed that it said I had 20/20 squad attack orders and 6/20 squad defend orders - this is for the Squad Teamwork Ops badge.

So I say to myself, "Self, it should be pretty easy to get this one. Just place 14 more defend orders and you're set."

Apparently not.

For the past week I've been very mindful about placing defend orders on flags and, so far, I'm at 7/20 instead of 6/20.

Now I realize that the statsverse page is buggy as hell, but is there something more that needs to happen other than placing the defend order on the flag? For example, does someone in your squad actually have to kill someone attacking the flag?

Re: Squad Defend/Squad Attack Orders

i think you need to kill someone on the flag within a certain radius while there is a defend order going on....I don't always like how that works since I get times where I'm not allowed to place a defend order....is it because I spammed the q key?
    or is it just very buggy....
    I don't see a lot of attack and defend orders like in 2142 because there are often too few flags and the system just sucks

Comment

there's definitely more to it then just placing the order

i think you have to get a flag defend kill or recapture a flag which you are defending to get it.

imo its a pretty dodgy system theres been plenty of times that i haven't been able to place any markers.
      AnimalMother
      Ex TG-31st LR
      "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
      sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Be aware that sometimes your character does not say anything but others still hear it!

I've had this happen many times while looking for ammo or heath where I hit "q" while looking at a friendly unit and nothing is said yet they immediately turn around and drop me a box........must fully test that out to be sure though....

Comment

You get defend points if your squad are also helping you defend. Also, note the defend/attack rders don't always work. Just keep it up. It will come. No rush. More importantly is you do that defend job and the rest of your squad help out too.
          BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

I got this badge pretty early on because I'm always issuing attack or defend orders when I see no one has done so. You can't get it simply by issuing the order, you have to issue it and then have your squadmates defend or successfully take an objective.

It's basically free points whenever someone from your squad kills someone near the flag you're defending, or captures a flag that you've highlighted. Same works for Rush, you get points when a squadmate gets a kill near an MCOM you've issued a defend order upon, and on attack, you get points when one of your squad members (or yourself) blow an MCOM. I forget how many points it is. Maybe 20 or 30? But on defense when your squad is pushing a lot of guys off the objective those points really rack up.
            "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
            He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Yes one person in your quad has to have a point setup to defend with an order, then you and your squad have to actually work together and defend it. If you do it proper, you will see a +30 XP for Defend Order
              |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

You get points for just shooting the MCOM with rockets if theres an attack order on it

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg View Post
                  You get points for just shooting the MCOM with rockets if theres an attack order on it
                  Nice didnt know that :D
                  |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

I'm used to the comma rose of BF2/BF2142. Is there no selection screen when you hit 'Q'? Is it dynamic based off what you're looking at? Huge lack of documentation on Dice's part explaining it.
                    Telorn

Comment

Originally posted by Telorn View Post
                      Is it dynamic based off what you're looking at?
                      That's the idea. If your looking at a friendly assault, you ask for ammo. Medic, you ask for health. Objective, you attempt to set attack/defend orders. Vehicle, you ask for a ride. The commo rose was too complicated for button-challenged console controls so we get to enjoy their failings as well.

Comment

Man that's a pain in the butt. Now I actually have to find and know I'm looking at a medic/supply instead of calling out for it and having an icon for them appearing on my map and vice-versa.
                        Telorn

Comment

I always have an attack or defend order...besides gaining points by defending/attacking an objective is a good way to let your teammates known what your doing....

Comment

Originally posted by Telorn View Post
                            Man that's a pain in the butt. Now I actually have to find and know I'm looking at a medic/supply instead of calling out for it and having an icon for them appearing on my map and vice-versa.
                            Each class has a specific icon next to their overhead name. Medics, of course, have a cross, Assault has a lightning bolt, Engineer has an open-end wrench, and Recon has a target. Also, if you hover your reticle over a friendly player/vehicle, you will get a blinking icon that lets you know what you can ask for. All I have ever paid attention to is the assault blinky icon, which looks like several bullets next to each other, and vehicles, which looks like an up arrow.

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X