Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best M60 Upgrade: body-armor (+HP), heavy barrel (+acc), or magnum ammo (+dmg)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best M60 Upgrade: body-armor (+HP), heavy barrel (+acc), or magnum ammo (+dmg)?

what say you?

Re: Best M60 Upgrade: body-armor (+HP), heavy barrel (+acc), or magnum ammo (+dmg)?

I usually run with magnum since the M60 is pretty much ridiculous to begin with and magnum ammo only helps facilitate the ridiculousness.

Comment

Re: Best M60 Upgrade: body-armor (+HP), heavy barrel (+acc), or magnum ammo (+dmg)?

I don't use the M60....It makes me feel dirty when I get done using it. I found this out when I was playing hardcore one night. I saw some Assault running across the map on the 2nd set of MCOMs on Arica Harbor. I shot once with an M60 w/ ACOG, Magnum and it killed the guy instantly. I swore right then and there that I wouldn't use the M60 for evil anymore and threw it into the deepest bowels of Hell.

I wouldn't mind trying body Armor with an MG36.

Comment

Originally posted by Axis_Sniper View Post
        I don't use the M60....It makes me feel dirty when I get done using it. I found this out when I was playing hardcore one night. I saw some Assault running across the map on the 2nd set of MCOMs on Arica Harbor. I shot once with an M60 w/ ACOG, Magnum and it killed the guy instantly. I swore right then and there that I wouldn't use the M60 for evil anymore and threw it into the deepest bowels of Hell.

I wouldn't mind trying body Armor with an MG36.

The BFBC2 community, it needs more of this sentiment.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

When I use it, I seem to have settled into the ACOG and Magnum. Accuracy seems better if you can get used to tap shooting it, especially at distance. Zhohar posted that the first bullet is supposed to fly straight so I got used to bursting or tapping which seems to help. Heat resistant gloves help when you have to reach into the deepest bowels of hell to pick it up. ;) Some of the other LMG's get overlooked and they are actually pretty good even in CQ. Who knows how the devs may adjust the M60 in the future.

Comment

I've been using the red-dot plus heavy barrel, but am thinking of replacing the accuracy bonus with either the kevlar or magnum rounds. I don't like the ACOG site very much - too much muzzle-flash and too much shake. With the red-dot, I can keep most rounds on-target pretty easily.

Anyway... thinking about this some more, since you can self heal after/during an engagement, I guess it might make more sense to go w/ the magnum ammo? Kill with one less bullet right?

Comment

It's all about preference and situations, Whiskey. If you feel you'd do better with the heavy barrel then the magnum then go for it. If you feel you are going to be shot at more than doing the shooting yourself then go with the Kevlar.

Example: If you in a squad that is rushing and back-capping flags, then the Kevlar is gonna be your best bet. Seeing as you're not gonna see many enemies and if you do, your squad will be there to take care of them.

Another example is if you're in a squad defending a forward flag. Ask yourself: How far away are my targets gonna be? If they are gonna be pretty far away then pick the Heavy Barrel, if they are gonna be right in your face then select the Magnum.

I hope this helps.

Comment

For general situation,s I always like to go with Red Dot & Heavy Barrel. The extra accuracy from the heavy barrel helps in medium-long distance when firing bursts instead of having to fire one at a time. Because I normally set my mouse sensitivity very high, the scope has to much turn for me and always end up overshooting moving enemies when using it.

Former TG-21st
                Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

4x scope and magnum for my darling

Comment

I always use the Body armor. It gives you the ability to to soak up that extra bullet and duck behind cover when attacked by the unseen enemy and it gives you protection against random nades and other explosives..
                    Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

I use magnum ammo on every kit except engineer when I swap it with increased explosive damage and when I'm using shotguns.

I have to use some sort of sight with the M60. Usually it's the red dot. That "thing" on top of the gun that they call a standard sight just sucks.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

4x Scope + Body armor.
                        Do not zoom in at close range.
                        Zoom in at long range.
                        Fire 1-4 bullets at a time close and long range.
                        It takes at most, 5 bullets to kill someone at every range.

Wearing body armor it takes 6-7 rounds from an m60 to kill you.
                        Not wearing body armor, it takes 4-5.

You need that extra time to find cover when you're caught unexpected.

This is how I play the m60:

Stationary Long Range = Line up your target, do not move your mouse, click 6 times. Do not move your mouse. Your scope and gun jumping around are just graphics. Your sights do not actually move. You will hit in the same exact spot every time.

Moving Long Range = Lead your target and learn where the center of your screen is. Again, the moving of your gun is just graphics. It does not actually move. Do not rely on your "sights".

Stationary Close Range = Same as long range

Moving Close Range = Fire 3-4 rounds at a time. If he's firing back, strafe and fire 1-2 rounds at a time. If possible, be strafing behind some sort of cover. DON'T CROUCH - Think about it, most people aim for the chest area. Where do you think your head will be when you crouch? Right in his sights. Dead.

Mind you, As a medic your number one priority is Reviving and Healing. Your m60 is no good if your 3 squad members just got rolled and the enemy squad is still alive.

This is where the Body Armor kicks in. It's those few extra seconds that you can revive 1-2 squad mates and give them a chance to fire back and possibly win.

Comment

For those that use the Marksman Training/Heavy Barrel, I believe the extra accuracy only works when you're using the default iron sights. That is, using RDS or 4x scope negates the extra accuracy from Marksman Training.

I've heard this to be true, and if it is, I wondered why they allowed you to choose marksman training if you have RDS or 4x selected.

Comment

Originally posted by PsylentStorm View Post

I've heard this to be true, and if it is, I wondered why they allowed you to choose marksman training if you have RDS or 4x selected.
                            Because it makes my darling feel sexy with the two.

Former TG-21st
                            Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Magnum ammo! Combined with the 4x scope, it's a semi-auto sniper rifle if you fire one shot at a time. Especially nasty on hardcore mode.
                              aka spartan421
                              Bad Company 2: Kill dudes heal bros.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...