Got my new computer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my new computer

Well i saved enough money and my new computer has arrived at the house. and so far i am loving it. here are the specs on it...

Intel Core i7 930 (2.8GHz, 8MB Cache)
    9GB Triple Channel 1333Mhz DDR3
    Dell ST Series ST2210 21.5"W Full HD Monitor, 21.5 VIS
    Dual 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 - SLI Enabled
    1TB - SATA-II, 3Gb/s, 7,200RPM, 32MB Cache HDD
    Single Drive: 24X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability

also have a liquid cooling in the computer too. but i am installing bad company 2 on this computer so hopefully you will see me online around then. i would log on and play tonight with you all but i have a 8 page english research paper i am working on and i want to do a few final touches on the first draft before i pass it in. doing my article on "Is video games addicting?" so ill see you later on.

Re: Got my new computer

Congrats on the new computer, always a fun time. To save you some time on your research paper, just type this: Y-E-S. :)

Comment

Better than my paper; I just finished one on banking regulation.

Well congrats and enjoy the beauty of BC2!

Comment

Originally posted by DrBeat View Post
        Better than my paper; I just finished one on banking regulation.
        Sometimes I have trouble falling asleep after gaming, any chance you could give me a copy?

Comment

Originally posted by Vita158 View Post
          Well i saved enough money and my new computer has arrived at the house. and so far i am loving it. here are the specs on it...

Intel Core i7 930 (2.8GHz, 8MB Cache)
          9GB Triple Channel 1333Mhz DDR3
          Dell ST Series ST2210 21.5"W Full HD Monitor, 21.5 VIS
          Dual 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 - SLI Enabled
          1TB - SATA-II, 3Gb/s, 7,200RPM, 32MB Cache HDD
          Single Drive: 24X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability

also have a liquid cooling in the computer too. but i am installing bad company 2 on this computer so hopefully you will see me online around then. i would log on and play tonight with you all but i have a 8 page english research paper i am working on and i want to do a few final touches on the first draft before i pass it in. doing my article on "Is video games addicting?" so ill see you later on.
          Just out of curiosity, where did you get it and how much? I am assuming it is not a custom build. I realize the Dell monitor might be a giveaway.

Helm AB
          "Press the red shiny button"~Vortex
          "I may give out, but I'll never give in." ~ Lou Bond "To the Establishment"

Comment

First, congrats on the new machine! Looks pretty spiff-tastic. :icon14:

i would log on and play tonight with you all but i have a 8 page english research paper i am working on and i want to do a few final touches on the first draft before i pass it in. doing my article on "Is video games addicting?" so ill see you later on.
            Second, you might want to rethink your paper title..."video games" is plural, bud. ;)

Little-known fact here at TG: My other nickname is The Grammar Queen. :row__640:

Comment

it suppost to be plural because i'm not just talking about computer games but xbox ps3 and computer and so on.
              where did you get it and how much? I am assuming it is not a custom build. I realize the Dell monitor might be a giveaway.
              its an alienware computer, but since dell bought out the company i have dell support on the computer instead of alienware's warrenty. (which i had a alienware computer and their support wasn't all that great). it is a custom built computer, its a Alienware Aurora and i added a few things to it, more ram, better prcessor, plus the monitor too. i had a monitor but it was a small 16 inch view and i wanted something a little bit bigger so i added a 21.5 inch screen to it and i must say, its a good monitor i love the picture when i play assassin's creed II on it (so far thats the only game ive played on it while i waited for the computer to install wow and bad company 2 and lfd2 and supreme commander 2). i paid about 2300 dollars for the computer, which is alot for a computer but i had the money for it. VA send me a $4,000 paycheck and 2 weeks later i got another check for $1,600 so i had the money for it, rest of the money went toward bills lol. i know i could have built it myself but id rather just have it prebuilt for me. i'm lazy, plus i wanted to get a warrenty on the computer i'm done fixing problems with a computer and i have to pay to get new parts every now and then spending prolly more money than i should so i got a good warrenty that if anything happens to the computer or its parts dell sends a person to my house and replaces the part for free. and i dont have to pay the person to come here. and i have that warrenty for 2 years. plus i don't get that much time to build another computer, and alot of my friends that could help will not be able to because of their work scheduale and their family time. and college is really chewing up my time for gaming now, i really only get to play games for like 2-3 hours every other day and friday and saturday night is when i play world of warcraft for 4 hours. the rest of the time i spend it studying for my final exams that are coming up, and doing this english paper, and setting up my summer classes and fall classes. so i know alot of you would suggest to build it myself, but i dont have the time, and i didn't really have a computer to use for my school, so i needed a new computer fast. and an more up to date computer.
              Last edited by Vitamin187; 04-09-2010, 11:18 AM. Reason: add in a little bit more

Comment

it suppost to be plural because i'm not just talking about computer games but xbox ps3 and computer and so on.
                Agreed--but that means your verb should be plural, too. ;)

Comment

sorry my title is "Are Video Games Addicting?" thats how i passed in the first draft heh.

Comment

Nice! :icon14: Just trying to help out. :o

Comment

Congrats on the new rig. Video games are not addicting...........I can quit anytime I want.................right after this one last round of Conquest................oh....unlocked a new weapon..now I HAVE to test it......:D

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Arithea View Post
                        First, congrats on the new machine! Looks pretty spiff-tastic. :icon14:

Second, you might want to rethink your paper title..."video games" is plural, bud. ;)

Little-known fact here at TG: My other nickname is The Grammar Queen. :row__640:
                        I was going to say the same thing. I'm forced to do these things because my wife is an English professor.

Comment

Originally posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
                          I was going to say the same thing. I'm forced to do these things because my wife is an English professor.
                          My mom's an elementary school teacher and my dad is very old school on grammar. It's been drilled into me my entire life. Makes it difficult to browse most internet forums. :p

Comment

sorry my title is "Are Video Games Addicting?" thats how i passed in the first draft heh.
                            "Are video games addictive" might be more suitable?

Comment

Using "addicting" like that is a bit odd. "Addicting" is a verb if it is used at all. You need something more like an adjective "Are video games addictive?" Would be a more appropriate title.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X