Reserved Slots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reserved Slots

If you're a supporting member, now would be a good time to enter your BC2 Player-Name in your profile ;) Nothing quite ready to announce tonight, but over the next few days we hope to have some good news for you.

Click Settings (top right of this page), then "Edit Profile". Scroll down a bit to where it says to enter your Battlefield BC2 Player ID. Ignore the example, and enter your exact BC2 Player Name. (Do not add the TG tag unless it's part of your soldier name... i.e. if you use the clantag field in-game, which most do, you don't need to include that here)
    Originally posted by Whiskey's Profile Page

We're currently testing the auto-admin tool that Panzer developed on Server#1. Once it's stable and the kinks are worked out, we'll add support for the other servers.

How it works (when the server has 30 or more players):
    - The PlayerName of each joining player is checked by the auto-admin tool to see if that player is a supporting member.

- If the PlayerName is on the master-list of SM's, the non-SM that's been playing for the LONGEST is "honorably discharged". (Technically this is done by issuing a 60-second ban via PunkBuster. This method allows us to include a "reason" in the pop-up window players see, which is a big improvement over previous BF titles. Before you'd just get a generic 'you were kicked' message - here, players well see something like "You were removed to make room for a paying member. Welcome back another time!".)

Note: Players' SM-status can't be evaluated until they actually join the server - so we need to permanently keep at least one slot open. However, this would give one team an extra player, so to be fair we keep two slots permanently open.
    Last edited by WhiskeySix; 04-14-2010, 01:26 PM.

Re: If you're a supporting member...

By the way, make sure to do this before joining the server, or you will be banned and have to wait for an hour twiddling your thumbs :)

Last edited by MacLeod; 04-09-2010, 12:39 AM.

Former TG-21st
    Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

You are God.

Comment

It works because badger got the ole bewt before I could give Unload a kit he couldnt use when i stole his mid-game haha

Comment

Yeah we're testing a far from final-version now - it'll be on-again-off-again for a bit. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Comment

While I was waiting out my 60 minute ban the other night (completely without complaint because it's worth it to get the script in place), I was informed that the testing was only taking place on server #1. I was then able to click-spam my way into server #2. Until the script is perfected, will it remain the case that it is only being tested on server #1. Hopefully it won't matter since I now have my ID in my profile, but just wanted to check. Thanks for all the hard work on this.

KZ17
            [combat]

Comment

Good luck, guys, and thanks! :D

Comment

Please be aware that people may come into the server with a hostile attitude asking why they were kicked banned. Even if they are quite angry, it is a good idea to politely explain to them that we are testing a supporting member script. You may also want to suggest they visit the TG website for more info. TG had a very popular ETQW server for a while, but when we started the sm scripts, lots of the regular pubies complained (loudly) and moved on to another server. Hopefully we wont suffer the same drop off in this game.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by sc1ence View Post
                  Please be aware that people may come into the server with a hostile attitude asking why they were kicked banned. Even if they are quite angry, it is a good idea to politely explain to them that we are testing a supporting member script. You may also want to suggest they visit the TG website for more info. TG had a very popular ETQW server for a while, but when we started the sm scripts, lots of the regular pubies complained (loudly) and moved on to another server. Hopefully we wont suffer the same drop off in this game.
                  First time posting here, found you guys through the EA Forums and the Gameservers Ranked server, basically my brother and I have picked up the game and are really liking it so far. While messing around in other so so servers we decided to try and find a sever that had PB enable, bit more organized and focused on Tactics of the game instead of Recon in the trees shooting up K/D while losing the matches. Long story short, we found the servers last night and started to play in the Conquest Regular Mode, was a great atmosphere for the most part and had a lot of fun for about two hours. Then came the PB Kicked... i was like wait what i don't use hacks... read it a little closer and said I had been kicked to make room for Paying Member and so on.

Now at first i was just like oh man... bummer... more so that i thought i was kicked just because i was sucking or something... but the worst part was my bro was still in there and said it was only 29 of 32 playing.... this kinda explains it in that its testing. Not knowing how the person is selected, i would recommend, as the poster above addressed, maybe having the Admin just put in Server Chat a notice to the person that is being removed. Reason being to avoid that frustration i felt before actually reading why i was kicked.

Sorry for being long winded, just thought i would put out my 2C from an outsider point of view. Hopefully when my bro and i get a bit better overall we would hope to join a community like this and maybe be one of those kicked the non-supporting folks out.. hehe.

Comment

Welcome to TG , Remmdg. Have a look around and you will like what you see here. :icon6:
                    As you said, we are just now getting things figured out with the new game. We also have very highly ranked servers for BF2142 and BF2-Project Reality Mod, which have supporting member kicks that work pretty well. I'm sure we will get it figured out for BC2 as well.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

The 60 minutes ban was indeed an error. It should have issued a one minute grace period before you could rejoin the server. This grace period is needed in order to let the supporting members get onto the server. It is indeed not an ideal solution, but until EA gets the built in functionality for prioritized players working, there is no other way to let supporting members into a full server.
                      --
                      VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

So was the 60 min thing a scripting error or is it an EA thing that can only be fixed on EA's side? :)

Comment

It's 1-minute now ;)

Comment

I am pretty sure the script is case sensitive. It did not work when the capitalization of my in game name and player name I entered in the appropriate field at TG did not match.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Thank you guys!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse