So I figured something out...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I figured something out...

If you stand in a certain place on Isla Inocentes you can take out both first objectives with the rocket launcher without ever leaving your base, if resupplied...

There's no rule against this, but I feel as time goes by this will become more and more widespread as people learn about it.

TG thoughts?

Re: So I figured something out...

It's lame?.....why are people so afraid of a good firefight in this game? always looking for the "easy" way to do it. When people find these ways of taking stuff out without ever putting themselves in harms way I would say it's a glitch. I have a hard time believing that in development they sat there and said" I have a great Idea!!, lets put a spot on this map where you can destroy both objectives without ever truly getting in a firefight as long as someone drops a supply crate at your feet." What do you guys think?
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Agreed. While I wouldn't say it's a glitch, it is definitely not what developers intended.

Also, if anyone wants to know what I'm talking about (serious, mature admins that want to know, not people that want to take advantage of it) you can PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Saphric View Post
        Agreed. While I wouldn't say it's a glitch, it is definitely not what developers intended.

Also, if anyone wants to know what I'm talking about (serious, mature admins that want to know, not people that want to take advantage of it) you can PM me.
        I appreciate you being smart enough to do the PM thing......seriously :)
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I beleive that this is a situation where a Recon guy can call in mortar strikes on you when this happens.

Originally posted by Saphric View Post

Comment

If you have line of sight to the mcoms, snipers and mortars have line of sight to you. I don't see the problem. No rules stop the defenders from firing into the attacking team base. Defenders can own sniper hill before going out of bounds to the attacking base and it gives decent line of sight to lots of the base. It makes sense to try to destroy the mcoms while keeping yourself safe. We are supposed to fear for our lives. Play it like its near simulation and you may think twice about running in with an assualt rifle to to arm it. If an mcom can be blown up, I think SOP should be to blow the mother up.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Interesting position science.

However, I think the problem with it is that people don't realize where it is coming from. Technically, yes, a sniper could be aware enough to notice his Mcom being hit, and looking around for the next shot. But I think by that point it would be too late.

Comment

Any tactic that has a reasonable counter-tactic should be allowed.

Comment

Even with the AT-4 and explosive perk, it takes 5 direct hits to destroy an MCOM, and even then sometimes hits don't register. Often it takes almost all 8 rockets to kill it. If someone doesn't notice the contrail coming from the same spot over and over, they deserve to have their MCOM destroyed from afar for being so situationally unaware.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Rockets leave a trail to where you are as clear as a GPS. Same thing for most sniper rifles. If you have smart snipers in you team doing what they are supposed to instead of kill whoring, then you should not have a problem with someone rocketing the M-Coms
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LordKelvin View Post
                      Even with the AT-4 and explosive perk, it takes 5 direct hits to destroy an MCOM, and even then sometimes hits don't register. Often it takes almost all 8 rockets to kill it. If someone doesn't notice the contrail coming from the same spot over and over, they deserve to have their MCOM destroyed from afar for being so situationally unaware.
                      5 hits is about 30-45 seconds.

Show me a sniper that can resist shooting the other 15 rushing players, and instead realize that the damage is coming from a rocket a mile away, focus on one guy in the back of the map in under 45 seconds. He is a god sniper.

Even if he kills the guy, he can just respawn and fire 1 or 2 more quickly.

Comment

I think scoping takes about... half a second, and aiming and firing another 1-2 seconds. Couple that with the fact that you have the target standing completely still to guide his rocket for about 5-6 seconds and you have yourself an assured kill.

Or just mortar strike the hill.

More often than not I have my head popped sooner than I can finish aiming at the MCOM, let alone actually hit it on that map.

EDIT: I forgot to add that you can just place something in front of the MCOM and laugh as they try in vain to hit it. Tanks, people, and debris... or even... *gasp* SMOKE does the job.

Comment

The position is not on the hill though, it's actually BEHIND the UAV station. Theres only one place a sniper could shoot you from, and that's to the waaayyy corner of the island.

Well I'll just PM you the video.

If you still think it's viable then I'd be surprised.

But debate is good!

Comment

First of all a sniper that search for the AT-4/RPG guys isn't a good sniper.. He is a really bad sniper if he doesn't do it.

Second, it takes 8 AT-4 rockets to kill the mcom. I have heard several guys in TS telling me it only takes 5 or sometimes 4. I have been testing this for half an hour on empty servers and it took me 8 AT-4 to destroy the mcom every time. If you kill it with 5 it's because it's already damaged.

Third, I know 3-4 spots where I can shoot into the attacker base and kill people no matter where they are standing.

Fourth, if you can get 5 AT-4 rockets to hit the mcom in that distance in 30-45s I applaud you and hope you can learn me to do it.

There is plenty of ways to counter this and that's why I think it's legit to use rockets to destroy the mcom from a distance.

And ven, if you think Rush is about running in with guns blazing trying to kill as much as possible I think you have misunderstood the whole concept of Rush. If it wasn't for the fact that killing the defenders might give you enough time to arm it the mcom before they spawn back in there wouldn't be any reason for the attacker to shoot at all. Your job is to destroy the mcom, you can't do that by killing the defenders and slowly move the team forward pushing them back. You can also use stealth and sneak up to the mcom to blow it up with explosives or you can use ranged rockets. There is a counter to every single one of them.
                            Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

@ Saphric: I appreciate you showing me that vid, but I personally tend to hide on that side of the island to avoid the snipers on the hill, so I know I'd see you and shoot you at that spot.

@Abel: I don't know where or when you tested this, but I confirmed for myself that exactly 5 AT-4 explosive perk rockets take out a full-health MCOM at any range. Any more means that you missed or didn't hit it dead-on but grazed it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X