Recons and Recon Balls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recons and Recon Balls

I think all TG players realize that the utilization of recon balls is a very important tool for gathering quick intelligence on the location and number of enemy on a map. Those of us that migrated from bf2142 know how useful the IDS and PDS were. However, I find myself frustrated that I have to keep asking if there are any recons in the teamspeak channel and can they deploy recon balls. (I am sure I have become a nuisance about this). If a player as recon is equipped with CQC weapons and plans to be in that situation whether defending or assaulting, the recon ball should be a priority before engaging the enemy and it helps the team. I apologize if I sound like an a** but like I said this has become a source of frustration and I think it is an important and useful tool.

Helm AB
    Last edited by AbRocinante; 04-11-2010, 09:43 PM.
    "Press the red shiny button"~Vortex
    "I may give out, but I'll never give in." ~ Lou Bond "To the Establishment"

Re: Recons and Recon Balls

Use them, all the time, as much as possible. Bug the assaults to give you ammo to keep situational awareness up and kill your foes.

That is all.

Comment

If anything, its free points!
      When I was trying to get the recon-ball badge I played a CQC recon and was surprised at how quickly I earned them.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrBeat View Post
        Use them, all the time, as much as possible. Bug the assaults to give you ammo to keep situational awareness up and kill your foes.

That is all.
        Thank you Beat for putting it more politely and succinctly than I did. And just to echo part of her statement the assault class is the recon's best friend.

Helm AB

Comment

I tend to play Recon first (with shotgun), and Engy second, and throw recon balls ad nauseum. I will say my biggest problem is that I can only throw 2, then need resupplied. When I ask I get supplies pretty quickly, but at times of mass chaos Assaults aren't able to quickly get to me, or have the time to throw them down. My suggestion is for all players to remember to toss supply crates whenever you have them available, running across a field, hiding behind a crate, playing the spawn beacon, as you spawn, etc. This will help greatly in keeping the little flying IDS's up as much as possible.
          |TG-6th|FYAH29
          "So Far, So Good................So What"

Comment

Being able to say "Balls out!" on TS is soooo win!

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

"Need more balls over here!" "Hold on I'm getting more right now, deploying balls."
              Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

I pretty much skipped BF 2142 so I do not know how to use my balls. Can someone please tell me how my balls are supposed to work?

Comment

Originally posted by sc1ence View Post
                  Being able to say "Balls out!" on TS is soooo win!
                  !!! Quote of the day right there. I do not play recon much but always toss my balls when appropriate. At least in this game going recon class does does not mean you have to sit back and snipe.
                  Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

**SIGH**. I guess I should have used the game term, "Sensor/Motion Sensor". A term no one uses on Teamspeak. Not sure where "recon balls" came from.

Btw Reaper, Science, Gator, Harry, Abel: I reserve the right to TK any of you if you are recon and not deploying the "Recon Sensor" in a tactically useful manner as payback for hijacking my thread
                    Last edited by AbRocinante; 04-11-2010, 09:42 PM.

Comment

They look like pokeball... from there it's easy to figure it out. :P

Comment

Can't resist O.o

Joking aside.. Motions Sensors is your best friend and we all now what friends are for! That's right to be used..
                        Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Saying, " I choose you, Pikachu." should be considered a reasonable announcement that you have deployed your balls.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Re: Recons and Recon Balls/Recon Sensor (for the more mature among you)

Originally posted by ArmoredBear View Post
                            I think all TG players realize that the utilization of recon balls is a very important tool for gathering quick intelligence on the location and number of enemy on a map. Those of us that migrated from bf2142 know how useful the IDS and PDS were. However, I find myself frustrated that I have to keep asking if there are any recons in the teamspeak channel and can they deploy recon balls. (I am sure I have become a nuisance about this). If a player as recon is equipped with CQC weapons and plans to be in that situation whether defending or assaulting, the recon ball should be a priority before engaging the enemy and it helps the team. I apologize if I sound like an a** but like I said this has become a source of frustration and I think it is an important and useful tool.

Helm AB
                            You do have the option to play recon and help out with this invaluable intel gathering behaviour.

Comment

The thing is, people rarely play as recon, and when they do they tend to sit back and snipe as compared to a CQC who spams balls like Ash on steriods. I used to not appreciate seeing multiple recons in a squad but a line of balls can make all the difference when defending on rush.

Former TG-21st
                              Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...