Announcing/Interpreting an Enemy's Location

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcing/Interpreting an Enemy's Location

Hey guys. New member here :) Lil' intro... I've been playing with TG since BF2142 and with the release of BC2 I've finally decided to join TG. I must say I've enjoyed the game even more since I've joined and I have not played on any other server since :P

My question:
    I have always been horrible at announcing and interpreting an enemy's location via cardinal points (north, south, west, east). I can easily tell apart each cardinal point when I'm looking directly at the map but not when I'm standing/moving in game. Therefore, I sort of have to guess when I hear a teammate say something like "squad moving to bravo east side" or "enemy units coming from the north".

How can I identify the cardinal points while in game? I think this should be added into a BC2 TGU class.

[ Official 3rd Special Forces Detachment (SFD) Member ]

Re: Announcing/Interpreting an Enemy's Location

Press 'M' to bring up the big map. It doesn't rotate like you're minimap.

So if somebody says infantry spotted south-east of bravo, pull up your map and figure out where it is.

Up is north, Right is east, Left is West, Down is south.

Comment

hey SweetTooth!

Please checkout the SOP on contact reports: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...t-reports.html

As far as remembering N/S/E/W, it's a thing you have to practice... it's pretty tough without a compass for sure. Once you start learning the maps with directions in mind, it will become much easier. For example, Panama Canal is a "north/south" map, so you know that Alpha is south of Bravo and Charlie is off to the West. It will become second-nature to know that "contact west of bravo" means bad guys are attacking bravo from the dry-dock/boat.

Comment

Generally for the cardinal directions it just takes time with lots of m presses to memorize what the directions on each of the maps are. If you want the official wording for each report check out the above links.

Former TG-21st
        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

on Conquest maps, UAV's or points of interest like W6 talks about are solid reference points. Personally, specific landmarks are easiest for simple players like myself :)

Comment

as a general rule of thumb....on rush mode...there is a very obvious directionality to the game...I've tended to stray on the idea that on rush mode it's easier to say in front of OBJ A or on the left of OBJ A and so on and so forth...

If you visualize yourself looking at the enemy spawnpoint and where your objectives are located...it becomes very self explanatory...

Comment

Thanks for the help guys :) I will have to put into practice all of your suggestions.

[ Official 3rd Special Forces Detachment (SFD) Member ]

Comment

I yell a lot, mash the q key, and hope for the best. Spending some time with the map up can help you get a sense of how everything is oriented. Landmarks help. The spotting key helps.

Comment

Also, for the full-scale map, I highly recommend changing the default key binding. Mine is "Z", which puts it within much easier reach than the default "M" choice.

(with a hat tip to an unnamed member of the 3rd who suggested the change -- sorry, I don't remember who it was!)

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
                  --BlackMirror
                  <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
                  Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
                  --Blackraven93

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X