Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feedback requested: What would you like to see for server configuration?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback requested: What would you like to see for server configuration?

Since we switched over to a rush/conquest mixed rotation, both servers are configured the same. This has lead to most SM's joinging server#1 while server #2 has a larger population of guest players.

The admin team has it's own ideas about directions for the server, but we'd like you're input. How would you prefer we setup the servers to differentiate them?

- Revert to dedicated Rush/Conquest?
    - A Rush/CQ mix, but with each server having a more heavy mix of one mode?
    - More 'realistic' settings somewhere in-between hardcore and vanilla (no red triangles, e.g.)?
    - Something else?

Re: Feedback requested: What would you like to see for server configuration?

I do like the idea of a mix server in aspects of Hardcore to Regular mode. If there was an option to include the mini-map in a Hardcore with the call-outs that would be cool, but remove the triangles. Not sure of the options. I like to play both styles at times, the regular mode i like with the mini-map and the call-outs but hate the amount of bullets required for a kill, in hardcore i love the action due to lower health and more effective primary weapons, but dislike the lack of callouts since there is no map.

For sure i would keep a Rush/CQ mix on all, its the mixing that is coolest about the servers.

Comment

s1 = rush normal mode
      s2 = conquest normal mode
      s3 = hardcore

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by sc1ence View Post
        s1 = rush normal mode
        s2 = conquest normal mode
        s3 = hardcore
        qft!
        Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Server 1: Vanilla, balanced mix of CQ/Rush

Server 2: Vanillacore, heavier CQ/Rush mix, maybe 2 CQ to 1 rush

Server 3: Hardcore, slightly heavier rush/cq mix, like 3 rush to 2 CQ

Comment

s1 = mixed rush/cq with killcam off and FF on (eg how it is now)

s2 = 16 player squad deathmatch, passworded, killcam off and FF on, 4 channels on teamspeak one for each squad, run this for 1 week see if TG folks pick it up

s3 = hardcore

Comment

Originally posted by Eclipse View Post
              Server 1: Vanilla, balanced mix of CQ/Rush

Server 2: Vanillacore, heavier CQ/Rush mix, maybe 2 CQ to 1 rush

Server 3: Hardcore, slightly heavier rush/cq mix, like 3 rush to 2 CQ
              I like this - to be honest, I'd actually be in favor of 2 hardcore to one softcore once some of the hardcore bugs are worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Exploding_Silver View Post
                s1 = mixed rush/cq with killcam off and FF on (eg how it is now)

s2 = 16 player squad deathmatch, passworded, killcam off and FF on, 4 channels on teamspeak one for each squad, run this for 1 week see if TG folks pick it up

s3 = hardcore
                Sounds f'ing AWESOME! I support this idea :D but the Squad dm, that would be great for voip for each squad, and then 2 channels for each team, so each SL (who ever wants to be SL) can speak together while the others can't. Adds a little realism :D, but until VOIP is up good idea.

Comment

S1 - Conquest 3 to 1 with rush in the mix, only for variety. Kill-cam off/3d spotting off.
                  S2 - Rush 3 to 1 with conquest in the mix, only for variety. Kill-cam off/3d spotting off.
                  S3 - Leave it hardcore.

Comment

S1 - Conquest 3 to 1 with rush in the mix, only for variety. Kill-cam off
                    S2 - Rush 3 to 1 with conquest in the mix, only for variety. Kill-cam off
                    S3 - Hardcore

Comment

I hate to be the first to post it but maybe a hard core damage but w/3d spotting.
                      "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

a focus on the map rotation: specifically balancing out the rush rounds so the same team doesn't play defense time and time again

Comment

I'd like to play on the same team for a few rounds as opposed to switching from US to RU every round, I always forget if I'm supposed to shoot the guys with the little red hats or not.
                          Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

24/7 White Pass ;)

Comment

Originally posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
                              I like this - to be honest, I'd actually be in favor of 2 hardcore to one softcore once some of the hardcore bugs are worked out.
                              I have read post from several guys wanting us to have 2 HC and only one vanilla.. Why? It's not like the HC sever fills up daily with TG players or might I even say weekly. Vanilla is the more popular mode here at TG so why should we have more HC servers then vanilla servers?

When it comes to a vanilla with increased damage I think we should wait until R9/R10 since they are going to up the damage according to the devs.
                              Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X