No announcement yet.

If it's real, is it still a noob tube?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it's real, is it still a noob tube?

The Metal Storm -- a 40mm HE underslung grenade launcher.

They're one step ahead of us, though: The 3GL packs three rounds, not two -- and doesn't require re-chambering. (what we're packing is more likely the M203)

Why is Semi Automatic Fire Important? - because history suggests that under combat fire, soldiers actually resort to firing their 5.56 barrel after firing the first 40mm round rather than risking manually reloading under fire. 3GL solves this dilemma. "Winning the firefight is about the speed and immediate availability and delivery of firepower."
    Up next: near-infinite ammo boxes!

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
    --BlackMirror
    <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
    Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
    --Blackraven93

Re: If it's real, is it still a noob tube?

Imagine the moaning from 3 round fast loading tubeness? Smoke nades would rock if this was a perk! ;)

I want some! ;)

Comment

So you would happily fire this thing at your feet for real?
      BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

I believe that in hardcore it takes skill to use the GL depending on the range. All I play is Hardcore I don't like having to shoot a guy twice in the chest with a 7.62 or .50

PM07SNV I've noticed that it has to travel a few feet before it blows you can't shoot the thing at your feet and expect it to blow... Or maybe that's a server config thing idk.

I use my smoke grenades only on assault as they really have almost no effect in defense.(RUSH)
        Sorry I only play Hardcore!

Pain and suffering are inevitable, misery is not!

Comment

Yeah but above we are talking about the real thing.. Anyhow, you can still die from taking a 40mm unexploded grenade at point blank range in-game, so my question still stands.
          BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

I wish you could choose what type of smoke to load into the smoke launchers.... :)

I would pack it all day every day.

Comment

I would not use this in real life, because I would worry that my enemy would deem it as being "un-TG."
              "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
              He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Kampf View Post
                I use my smoke grenades only on assault as they really have almost no effect in defense.(RUSH)
                depends what you're defending... smoke is INCREDIBLY useful to defend the first B pit on Valdez. Throw up a wall of smoke north of the pit and giggle on the inside to the sweet sounds of hill-snipers bitching about "too much smoke" ;)

Comment

I don't think the 3GL it an under-slung GL... just a stand-alone GL -("Provides the ability to group barrels in any configuration - from single barrel weapons to multi barrel pods")-
                  If this is the case i think EA/Dice would just put in the "Y3 Mk1 Automatic Grenade Launcher" or/and the "Y2 Mk1 Multi Grenade Launcher" (both are 40mm) the Y2 gets 8 shots, i think, if not its 6 for the Y2 MGL since the Y3 AGL is "BELT FED"!!!(its a-bit heavy though) :p
                  Now these... are "noob tubes" :D

http://www.army.mil.za/equipment/wea..._Launchers.htm
                  "Anyone" can run in and get a few quick kills... but it takes a "Team" to get in and out alive.
                  A tank is more then just a weapon to a dedicated Tank Driver... its a friend that can not be replaced... and a coffin, for his/her corpse.

Comment

Originally posted by PM07SNV View Post
                    So you would happily fire this thing at your feet for real?
                    In real life, the fuse on the grenade isn't set until a certain distance as a safety mechanism. You can't blow yourself up with a 40mm grenade. That's why it doesn't explode in the game at close range. It's modeling real life under barrel launchers.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

A n00b tube is simply a gun that only kills a player who has skills vastly superior to that of the user.
                      sigpic

"Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of joy you must have somebody to divide it with."
                      Retired 11th Airborne | Fortuna Favet Fortibus

Comment

Originally posted by Kampf View Post
                        Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                        depends what you're defending... smoke is INCREDIBLY useful to defend the first B pit on Valdez. Throw up a wall of smoke north of the pit and giggle on the inside to the sweet sounds of hill-snipers bitching about "too much smoke" ;)
                        Not to mention it makes long-distance rocket shots on the MCOMs a lot harder. Smoke is way underutilized on both sides in favor of explosive 40mm. The latter gets you kills, the former gets you the objective.
                        "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

I don't think in the real world we'd be trusting every soldier by issuing them all a personal grenade launcher and letting them "have at it" :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X