X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitboxes and Hitreg

Just posting a post from another forum:
    Originally posted by majorpayne
    Some people have complained about the hit detection, much like in BF2. The game, like BF2, does not use client side lag compensation - this has benefits and obvious drawbacks - hit detection (or the appearance/lack of it) is one of them. The game instead uses lag compensation cvars to try and predict where a target will be inbetween the ms of time between data being shuffled to and from the server/clients. This allows the player to hit targets on their screen regardless of where target is in the real game world (i.e. you fire at target and on your side it is registered as a hit and he dies, but on his side he ducked behind a rock and then got hit). Anyways this may be a *possible* fix/slight benefit for some...for others the exact opposite may occur.

These two cvars, which are not included in the main gamesettings.ini or settings.ini are supposedly still active in the engine (according to a few over at backandslash). but I cannot confirm whether or not they really do much .

SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.030000
    SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime 30

Add these cvars to you ini files found in you BFBC2 folder in your my documents folder. You want the numbers to represent you average ping (i.e. 120ms would make the cvars 0.120 and 120). Again I will stress that there is still a chance that they will do nothing.

If your going off the server browser pings (mine are typically around 30) then you would want to set them at:

SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.030000
    SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime 30

Add to your gamesettings.ini and settings.ini file in the BFBC2 folder.
    In gamesettings.ini, add them between the lines;

IntroPlayed=1
    [GstPersistence]

In settings.ini, just add it to the end of the list. Save both files.

Could possibly help those with this problem, I'm not sure I'm going to try it, since my ping varies soo much and I play on lots of EU servers.

Re: Hitboxes and Hitreg

Interesting.

Comment

Now that makes sense. Now i know why when I hit someone but they don't die, and vise-versa. Thanks:)
      "Anyone" can run in and get a few quick kills... but it takes a "Team" to get in and out alive.
      A tank is more then just a weapon to a dedicated Tank Driver... its a friend that can not be replaced... and a coffin, for his/her corpse.

Comment

Anyone tested this ? :)

Comment

I have always been annoyed about jumping behind cover and dying 3 seconds later, I guess I know why now :(

Former TG-21st
          Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Holy pants. Does this work? Is this ethically supportable?

Comment

I will leave the settings as they are, give the other team a chance. ;)

Just kidding, post back here if you think that the settings worked, be good to know for us EU players.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X