Team command in BC2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team command in BC2?

One of the important ways BC2 differs from BF2 and BF2142 is the lack of a dedicated commander role. Between the constant spawning on squadmates, people and things blowing up, and Bradley's driving full bore through your defenses BC2 gets very hectic and confusing. The lack of an easily accessible compass doesn't help at all, with confused directions, orders, and reports coming in from all directions.

How do you make sense of the chaos? How do you command your squad, and make sure it's cooperating with other squads? How calls the shots, without designated squad leaders and commanders?

Re: Team command in BC2?

Originally posted by FrankManik View Post

How do you make sense of the chaos? How do you command your squad, and make sure it's cooperating with other squads? How calls the shots, without designated squad leaders and commanders?
    A: Always know where your squadmates are and where your other squads are.

B: Be vocal on Teamspeak, tell people what you want them to do and make sure they understand. I hate to suggest this but it is much easier with TG only squads when everyone is on TS. Always ask yourself if your squad can be of assistance to others and make sure that the people on TS know that they can ask for help if needed. The #1 rule is: Don't be shy! If you make a mistake others can correct you but if you never even try to lead then you will get nowhere.

C: The commanders and squad leaders will be very easy to tell right off the bat. They are the people who take the initiative to get things done, and use our tactical teamwork. :)

Former TG-21st
    Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

When dead don't be a commander but be a informative voice. One round with 2 other TGers in TS every time I died I'd look at where the pubbies were clustered and made observations like, "C completely undefended" or "Whole team bunched up at B, maybe we can slip south to A?" I didn't order them around but tossed out that information for all of us to chew on.
      "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

When you're dead you really shouldn't be giving advice. It might be wrong. A couple of nights ago after being shot and laying on the ground I observed a figure in the attic of a house next to the barn at "A" flag. Dont remember the map name. Anyway I advised a squadmate to throw a nad up in the attic and get that sucker, then I spawned in that same attic next to a buddy. lol ... glad he didnt throw that nade!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X