Anyone Else Sick of Being Gustaved?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Else Sick of Being Gustaved?

Once the ability to do so is there, In My Opinion, anyone that uses a gustav to kill a person should be banned. Then we should find out where they live and kick the snot out of them. Talk about non-Tactical, non-Realistic, and the most nooooooooobie thing since the noob toobe.

It is every bit as bad as Martyrdumb and Last Stand on COD4 and just as bad as Bunnyhopping.

Seriously, pick up a damn gun, use your sights, and kill me like a man.

"Friends don't let friends Gustav!"

The gustav and others, should only be used on VEHICLES, Period.

What do you think? (Keeping in mind that this is supposed to be TACTICAL)

Let me know your thoughts. . .

Loraxe
    sigpic
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Ben Franklin
    "Any country that would give up a little freedom for a little security deserves neither and will lose both." Ben Franklin

"There are more old drunkards than old doctors." Ben Franklin

Re: Anyone Else Sick of Being Gustaved?

In the description of the Gustave there is a part about being anti-personal... You can scream/cry all you want about it this is the intended way of using that weapon and I'm probably sure it will stay that way. BTW I hate it too but I got over hating that by hating the game as a whole since it's full of thing like that.

Comment

I think that the gustav should be used on buildings, more than armor. RPG's and AT4's are for taking down tanks. But i agree getting "Gustav'd" really is getting annoying. Especially on maps where there is no armor at all, so the only reason anybody would go for the engineer kit is just so they can use the gustav on poor unsuspecting people trying to use their pathetic bullets to kill people.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato
      "Whiskey, yet again, will have my babies." -TheSkudDestroyer

Comment

It's annoying, I'll admit. But the Gustav does have an anti-infantry and anti-building purpose.

Even if we decided that it should not be used on infantry, it would be hell and absolutely impossible for the admin team to police and enforce.

Comment

I'm annoyed anytime I die... it really doesn't matter what killed me. <shrug> There's nothing inherently TACTICAL about getting shot with bullets as opposed to an explosive anti-personnel round.

... or did you mean to yell REALISTIC? :D

You're not going to get suppress & flank or bounding over-watch in this game. The damage model and map-size preclude it. Tactics in this game are thriving, but they're taking place at a higher-level.... think like a commander: which flags are best to attack/defend? Which MCOMs do you attack first, and how? How will is the enemy likely to attack your position and what's the best way for your squad to prempt that? etc. etc.

People need to adjust their expectations to fit the reality of this game - otherwise you're going to be disappointed over and over. Go into it expecting to get what you ARE going to get and you'll have a lot more satisfying experience. (I should also say that BC2 will NOT satisfy everyone... and that's ok)

Comment

It feels like we have been here before, and had a in-depth thread about this ;)
            http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...rl-gustov.html
            Feel free to look at this Loraxe, we had a-bit of a debate about it...
            I may not like the CG, but it is a Anti-infantry weapon... and a weak anti-tank (compared to the other 2 AT weapons)
            "Anyone" can run in and get a few quick kills... but it takes a "Team" to get in and out alive.
            A tank is more then just a weapon to a dedicated Tank Driver... its a friend that can not be replaced... and a coffin, for his/her corpse.

Comment

Originally posted by Loraxe View Post
              Once the ability to do so is there, In My Opinion, anyone that uses a gustav to kill a person should be banned. Then we should find out where they live and kick the snot out of them. Talk about non-Tactical, non-Realistic, and the most nooooooooobie thing since the noob toobe.

It is every bit as bad as Martyrdumb and Last Stand on COD4 and just as bad as Bunnyhopping.

Seriously, pick up a damn gun, use your sights, and kill me like a man.

"Friends don't let friends Gustav!"

The gustav and others, should only be used on VEHICLES, Period.

What do you think? (Keeping in mind that this is supposed to be TACTICAL)

Let me know your thoughts. . .

Loraxe
              I agree totally....but I am sitting this one out.
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Getting hit by the Gustav bugs me as muchas anyone...but that doesn't mean I'm not just as guilty of using it. Recently I saw three enemy inside a house so a sent a Gustav through the windo and got two out of the three. I feel that is completely appropriate use of the weapon. Other times I've had the Gustav up and come running around the corner only to be face to face with an enemy who is about to kill me...and yes I fired the Gustav at them rather than try to switch to pistol or SMG.

Comment

I, like whiskey get angry every time I die. However, there's something patently ridiculous about getting shot by a freaking rocket launcher from freaking KNIFE RANGE. Yet, I watch people do it all the time, walking around with the CG out like it's nobody's business and using only that weapon. It irks me to see veteran players relying on the cheap kill machine.

Comment

I am more annoyed at DICE than the player for the Gustav killing. DICE put this weapon in the game, and DICE made it the way it is. If anything, DICE has shown by now they have no concept of properly balancing out weapons in Battlefield games...and this dates back to Battlefield 2.

Comment

We already had this discussion didn't we?

Comment

I was really pissed off at Buriu for constantly killing me with this gun - but I realized, "why am I hurting my team but not utilizing this weapon?" Even when I'm going around with pp2000 on a red dot and magnum ammo, I'll still bring the gustav to get people who hide in walls. It's just superior to other methods of attack and it works as an AT weapon pretty well too.

Comment

I have platinum with the Gustav :) Can't beat em join em.
                          aka spartan421
                          Bad Company 2: Kill dudes heal bros.

Comment

This is getting old ladies. If you as one squad can't survive one gustav lad, then you can't do much at all teamwork wise can you?

Comment

To summarise my feelings - the gustav is anti personel and for destroying buildings, but not to the point where it becomes your primary weapon. You shouldnt spawn in with the mindset of switching directly to your gustav and totally neglecting your SMG or whatever. The scenarios i would use it in are (using the Arica Harbour (CQ) map as an example) -

1. I am defending the hill side of B. I see a squad advancing around the wall over by the UAV trying to be all sneaky sneaky. I tell my teammates, throw a frag grenade, and wait for them to come round the corner to cut them down. If they stay behind the wall, I gustav the brick wall; destroying it, perhaps taking out a couple of the enemies in the process and weakening others, then switch to my primary and finish them off.

2. Me and an enemy are having a firefight, and he retreats into a house, or is hiding behind a window or door. I take out the gustav, blow the wall, perhaps have an assault buddy pop a smoke grenade, then enter the hole in the building, having a good chance of success because both the enemy is weakened from the Gustav, and is dazed from the smoke.

In neither of those situations do it storm round the brick wall and fire a Gustav into the ground two feet infront of me, killing all the squad members and seriously dangering my own live, or jump through the window of the building behind the enemy and fire a rocket with a large blast radius at an opponent two feet away crouched in a corner reloading thinking someone would be coming through the smoke, both of which happen very often.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato
                              "Whiskey, yet again, will have my babies." -TheSkudDestroyer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X