Smaller server idea?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smaller server idea?

I was playing on server 1 earlier while there were something like 10 people on, some 'pubbies' some TG people, and it was actually really fun. The game lasted pretty long due to the fact that the tickets fell a lot slower, and the map wasnt turned to complete dust because there werent as many people blowing everything to smitherines. It required real strategic play, because you couldnt have like 6 guys defending each flag, you had to have for example a tank on one flag and then 4 guys on another, and you either had to go full force attacking a flag and leave the ones you have open, or try sending off one or two guys to see if they can be sneaky sneaky.

In this light, I think it would be pretty cool to have a 16 man mixed rush/CQ server if there are the resources present, which as well as general play, could be used for TG-TG scrims. The smaller teams would effectively make the maps bigger and better zoning would be required, making for more in depth tactical play.

Any thoughts? Even if the resources arn't there to fund another server, the idea I think is still pretty cool, and whether or not it would be hardcore or not would be up for debate. Personally, to go along with the extra tactical play, I would have it as hardcore.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato
    "Whiskey, yet again, will have my babies." -TheSkudDestroyer

Re: Smaller server idea?

Good idea Blind. I like the idea of slowing down the game a little and "biggerizing" the maps.

sigpic

Comment

Thank Mindkill. The COD4 games were like that, most games that I were in (due to time differences) were 5v5 or something, and everything was taken very slowly, taking accuracy, precison, and comms, over reactions, rushing and individualism.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato
      "Whiskey, yet again, will have my babies." -TheSkudDestroyer

Comment

Squad Deathmatch may be another thing for you to try especially when it is 4 v 4 on a map. It is a very nice change of pace.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindGamer View Post
          I was playing on server 1 earlier while there were something like 10 people on, some 'pubbies' some TG people, and it was actually really fun. The game lasted pretty long due to the fact that the tickets fell a lot slower, and the map wasnt turned to complete dust because there werent as many people blowing everything to smitherines. It required real strategic play, because you couldnt have like 6 guys defending each flag, you had to have for example a tank on one flag and then 4 guys on another, and you either had to go full force attacking a flag and leave the ones you have open, or try sending off one or two guys to see if they can be sneaky sneaky.

In this light, I think it would be pretty cool to have a 16 man mixed rush/CQ server if there are the resources present, which as well as general play, could be used for TG-TG scrims. The smaller teams would effectively make the maps bigger and better zoning would be required, making for more in depth tactical play.

Any thoughts? Even if the resources arn't there to fund another server, the idea I think is still pretty cool, and whether or not it would be hardcore or not would be up for debate. Personally, to go along with the extra tactical play, I would have it as hardcore.
          I was playing those rounds with you and you sir are correct......very fun and more strategical with movements, Comms were a necessity as well
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I think it would be fun to play 16 or 24 players instead of 32. Sounds like a good suggestion for the server config feedback thread.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

If it's not a match night (once a week usually, for only a couple of hours), or a practice night (fairly rare) you can always jump in the 21st channel and ask us to set the server up for conquest / squad deathmatch / or rush. It's usually setup for squad deathmatch, is public (no password), and sits empty most of the time. 16 player death match is loads of fun, so is conquest.
              |TG-6th|FYAH29
              "So Far, So Good................So What"

Comment

Sounds like a great idea either way.

Former TG-21st
                Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse