You are all biased !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are all biased !

From the Update Topic in the EA forums about the new BC2 patch. Itīs just so awesome that it needs itīs own topic!

Randomdude:

Can you not tell us what weapons you've balanced so we can at least know which ones to keep an eye out for?

Bazajaytee:

Thats the point of not telling you, so you dont go looking for the changes instead you feel what the changes are.
    We'll tell you later what the changes were.

For example, once in BF2 we put in our changelist we had tweaked an assault rifle. The feedback ranged from "Horrible changes it is ruined" to "OMG this is so much better" and in the end we didn't actually change a thing with the gun. So telling you what is changes doesnt get an unbiased review of whether you think the changes are for the better or not.

Looking forward to the balancing speculations. Patch supposed to be out in less than 24 hours!

Re: You are all biased !

Pretty smart move on the part of EA. Guess they've learned something over the years.

Comment

This might be a good time to remind people that discussing weapons and stuff like that is normally better in the Tactics and SOPs part of the forum, and not in the general chit-chat area. :)
      BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Originally posted by PM07SNV View Post
        This might be a good time to remind people that discussing weapons and stuff like that is normally better in the Tactics and SOPs part of the forum, and not in the general chit-chat area. :)
        Yeah but nobody actually reads those :icon_razz

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
          Yeah but nobody actually reads those :icon_razz
          Thatīs because Smoke is covering it efficiently !

Comment

Until it gets nerfed!!! :icon_lol:

Comment

If only I were a robot, then I could be impartial!

Comment

Originally posted by drbeat View Post
                if only i were a robot, then i could be impartial!
                omg aimbot!

Comment

I wonder how long it'll take for someone to rip the new stats out of the game's files...

Comment

From the damage chart page

APRIL 21: Update R7 and R10 have changed the weapons as such:|
                    M60 Damage decreased by one bullet's worth from its 25-20. (20 - 16.7)
                    1911 has had its maximum Rate of Fire decreased to 260 RPM... and an unusual damage change (it basically doesn't change anything though). I'll get to that later.
                    M1 Garand has gotten a tiny damage increase. Long range damage increased to 28 and range increased to 64.
                    LMGs have gotten all kinds of accuracy changes. They gain more spread per shot BUT they recover faster when sighted. In most cases, they look like they're going to be MORE accurate.
                    SMGs have had their range increased. They'll do top damage at a slightly greater distance before it drops.
                    All Bolt Action Rifles (M95 too) do 50 damage at a distance. Better start aiming for heads.
                    Okay, there's quite a lot of little changes. Expect a full update by tonight.

Comment

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...h-changes.aspx
                      BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

• Reduced the lethal blast range of the 40mm grenade and M2CG to highlight their role as a secondary weapon against infantry.
                        • Increased the maximum number of Motion Sensors that can be carried from 2 to 3 and increased the speed which new sensors are acquired from ammo boxes. (yay)
                        • Significantly increased the speed of the Tracer Dart projectile to make it more effective against airborne targets. (Die helo!)
                        • Increased the reload time of the Mortar Strike and reduced the damage it does to heavily armored vehicles. (less scanning of the sky)
                        • Increased the benefit from the Medkit Heal+ specialization to make it more desirable as a Specialization. (wow... teamwork bonus!)
                        • Reduced the explosive damage from Attack Helicopter cannons.
                        • Increased the damage of AA guns against all targets. The AA gun should be much more effective against infantry on Port Valdez.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post
                          • Significantly increased the speed of the Tracer Dart projectile to make it more effective against airborne targets. (Die helo!)
                          • Reduced the explosive damage from Attack Helicopter cannons.
                          I'm not sure I understand why these two are in place. Choppers in BF2 were useless because of how easy they were to take down and how little damage they did. I thought the balance was just about right in BC2. It took a bit of skill to dart a helo but it was doable. I haven't felt that helos were overpowered yet.
                          |TG-12th| asch
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post
                            I'm not sure I understand why these two are in place. Choppers in BF2 were useless because of how easy they were to take down and how little damage they did. I thought the balance was just about right in BC2. It took a bit of skill to dart a helo but it was doable. I haven't felt that helos were overpowered yet.
                            In my opinion, the only helo that had any significant impact on balance was the Hind on the last stage of Isla Inconcentes.

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post
                              I thought the balance was just about right in BC2. It took a bit of skill to dart a helo but it was doable. I haven't felt that helos were overpowered yet.
                              The dev is probably making these changes based on the console version where its harder to aim a tracer dart and the choppers have better flight dynamics that actually make them enjoyable to fly. Choppers are going to be pretty worthless now on pc.
                              |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X