Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Player: Throw Me A Bone :)

Hi there Guys / Girls of TG :)

Ive been reading your forums for a little while and finally played on one of your servers the other day. The gameplay was absolutly awsome, I got totally dominated but all I could think was that if I keep playing against / with you all then I can only improve! Right?

I thought a good place to start would be to introduce myself and ask for some guidence (Im not a great FPS player at all!) Any tips / hints / advice would be greatly appreciated (even if its about how to use the mouse properly).

Here is a link to my stats on statsverse: http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/pc/Black%252eGoodbye

Keep up the awsomeness guys, you rock!!!

PS. Here is the missing "L" from the thread title :)
    Last edited by oniell121; 04-23-2010, 04:09 PM. Reason: Mocking my own spelling mistake and fixed title.

Re: New Payer: Throw Me A Bone :)

Welcome to TG! Since you've been reading the forums already just make sure you also read the stickys at the top of the forum for the rules and what is expected of anyone who plays here.

I don't have any game hints or tips except to be prepared to be shot, stabbed, blown up alot and have fun. Oh and get on our teamspeak 3 server so we can coordinate it makes a world of difference.

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

Welcome to the Tactical Gamer community.

I joined up last October (coming from 2142) so I'm still a bit of a newbie but here's what I've learned so far.

I can't shoot for s**t. And I die a lot :)

Read the primer and I recommend this post by asch: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...gamer-way.html it's a nice summary of why and how we play at TG, the replies have good points too.

Read the tactic and SOP threads for here and, if you want, for 2142 (many of the same principles can be carried across). They are a goldmine of info. There's loads of good TG stuff on youtube too.

On the battlefield I find that if you support your squad in reaching the teams objectives everything else tends to fall into place. I usaully play as a medic and try to keep my squad healthy and alive, provide covering fire and spot as we move forward, zap any bodies on the way and stay alive so I can do all that. Focus on the game in hand with your squad and you will be suprised how many combat and award points you get.

Teamspeak is essential on so many levels.

Teamwork, teamwork, teamwork.

Have fun and see you on the battlefield.
      We are not apologetic for who we are. What we can do, however, is educate people so that they fear us for the right reasons.

Comment

First of all, welcome to TG!

Second, as Retro already said, read the SOP and the tactical thread section for practical gaming tips.

Thirdly, I died a lot then I started playing here at tg (bf2142), after dying approximattly 999999999999 times even a thickheaded guy like me started to learn *grins*. Just try to learn from your misstakes and watch what other people do (and how they do it). I still die a lot of course, but TG isn't really necessarily about skill, it's more about a mindset, how we approach gaming.

In all haste
        When I count, there are only you and I together
        But when I look ahead up the white road
        There is always another one walking beside you
        Gliding wrapt in a brown mantle, hooded
        I do not know whether a man or a woman
        - But who is that on the other side of you?

/The Waste land by T.S Eliot

Comment

Welcome! My advice, just hang in there and don't get frustrated.

Your first few rounds aren't going to be a lot of fun. You're going to die a lot, have no idea who killed you with what and from which direction, but you'll get the hang of it. Just get in a squad and play tight with your squadmates. Perhaps just focus on keeping them resupplied and healed and then watch what they do.

Pretty soon you'll be tearing them up with the best of them.

Comment

Have a look at this thread, I stumbled across those videos on youtube and they lead me to TG. Those are some great tactics and tips.

And don't care about dying, I nearly always loose on 1on1, because I can't aim at all, so I always try to be a supporter with motion balls, heals/revives, ammo, smoke, tracer darts and so on...

Alyazir

Comment

Everyone pretty muched covered it, so I will just offer up a "Welcome To TG" :D See you on the virtual battlefield

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Welcome to the family. Once you've played on our servers you will come to realize it's hard to beat the experience anywhere else! BC2 is still relatively new so you won't see as much teamwork going on as you might in Project Reality (BF2 mod), but we are working on it :icon_razz
                Last edited by Slurm_Cola; 04-23-2010, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Welcome! Don't cut the cheese! It smells!

Comment

Re: New Player: Throw Me A Bone :)

Welcome!

I've found the best way to not die in this game is leave my computer off ; )

Since we don't have BattleRecorder, one option is to run FRAPs and record some rounds or segments of rounds to see what you are doing wrong or right in slow motion. This game is so fast, it can be hard to make big jumps.

Get on TS.

Comment

All about the comms! Welcome :)

Comment

If you want an old chewed up bone then you have to wait in line behind ribbons.

Former TG-21st
                        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Welcome and try to team up in squad with some people in TeamSpeak. Also, I would highly recommend looking into joining the Irregular squad. Good luck and have fun.
                          |TG-Irr| Laci's Ghost

Comment

Welcome!

The one tip I always give people is to spot before you shoot. This is one of the things that really good teams always do.

Oh yeah and have fun.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies and welcoms :)
                              Just got to practice my a** off i guess

Just a quick question, what are the Irregulars and where can I join?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X