Why server activity has slowed down earlier in the day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why server activity has slowed down earlier in the day

For those players that play earlier in the day I am sure you have noticed the servers are not as active as they used to be since the patch. There are a few reasons why this is happening.

ATM the 'Play Now' feature is broken.(or usually is) This was very helpful for sending players to a server in the early goings. With this broken all players now have to use the server browser and we know how players pick servers when using this. A random player will look toward the more populated servers. So until the regular playerbase seeds the server to about halfway you typically won't see many new faces.

Dice also implemented a silly change in the recent patch that affects us. When we change any of the settings from stock the server will show up as a hardcore server. So when we disable killcam and turn FF on, we are seen as hardcore. This limits our potential audience somewhat. Ya.. doesn't make much sense and just pisses off the players looking for a real hardcore server.

Due to backlash they have already indicated this will be changed. The next patch will move toward a color scheme along with labels of 'softcore', 'mediumcore' and 'hardcore'. Thats the current plan at least according to a dev. Not much better but at least it will remove some confusion.

Given all this and to state the obvious, seeding is very important. At times it could be frustrating but it does work. Try to find some players to help you temporarily if you can. Once the server gets past 16 players it tends to sustain itself unless a really bad round scares people off. Of course even better is if we continue working to build the BC2 community here at TG. The more regulars we have the easier it will be to seed. Typically this will develop over time provided everyone maintains a friendly environment with high quality gameplay that players will want to return to.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Re: Why server activity has slowed down earlier in the day

If I'm looking for a game and no one is on then I will quite happily be seeding at Euro times, then it fills up at the time all you Amercians get on and I have to leave :@

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato
    "Whiskey, yet again, will have my babies." -TheSkudDestroyer

Comment

well for me, when one or 2 of the servers are empty i just hop on and do some testing with weps gadgets and a few vids ^^ and play around with the physics hehehe
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roguesader View Post
        well for me, when one or 2 of the servers are empty i just hop on and do some testing with weps gadgets and a few vids ^^ and play around with the physics hehehe
        do that to often and you'll go blind ya know.
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Roguesader View Post
          I call BS on that one!

You jump on the server and kill me over and over again and nothing else. I mean come one! I spawn in and you kill me but not the guy that I spawned in on and then you do the same next time I spawn? What did I ever do to you?

:P
          Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Originally posted by Abel View Post
            What did I ever do to you?
            Got born?

Sorry, just couldn't resist *grins*
            When I count, there are only you and I together
            But when I look ahead up the white road
            There is always another one walking beside you
            Gliding wrapt in a brown mantle, hooded
            I do not know whether a man or a woman
            - But who is that on the other side of you?

/The Waste land by T.S Eliot

Comment

That's a really silly change. Why not provide a seperate server setting for "Pure" tagged servers, servers with completely stock settings?

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
              <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
              DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X